EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah - but he did a great job on the Duras Sisters :naughty :naughty - AND on Leeta :naughty - those WIP shots are AMAZING!

(* sorry - had to get that off my chest *)​

I suppose we're lucky being "friends" with NT - and I'm sorry for all the "experts" . . . but you should have sucked-up like us.

It seems fitting putting “Duras Sisters”, “Leeta” and “Chest” in the same sentence. Well played sir.

Ordered. Curious, to any preorder emails go out anymore? Mine broke a while ago but it seems like stuff is just dropping ad hoc now.

Fine when it’s open POs, but if I miss an immediate shipment fig…

Ordered. Curious, to any preorder emails go out anymore? Mine broke a while ago but it seems like stuff is just dropping ad hoc now.

I'll finish that thought
images-4.jpeg

No email or annoucement about Pike. I just happened to see Toys News International post about it. Pre-ordered from Sideshow.

Didn't receive any email from Exo-6 (maybe we'll get them later today, it's happened on occasion). However, I always receive a pre-order email from Big Bad ToyStore at about the same time preorders for Exo-6 products go live. I suggest you subscribe to BBTS as well.

Is it just me or does the sculpt not look like Anson Mount? I can see the likeness somewhat but it’s kind of odd looking at the same time.

Last edited:
Wow I totally forgot this had been teased. Been so caught up with all the other figure announcements recently.

Figure still looks great and likeness is spot on (even if the expression seems a bit goofy). But still looks a bit thin compared to the super buff actor, so might have to find a new body somewhere.

This is the first time I didn’t receive the email, I was notified by BBTS. Seems like no one has received it from what I see on the forum here.

I’ve been receiving the emails lately but didn’t get one for Pike. I guess looking at it more I do see the likeness. Personally I’ll pass though. Don’t need new Trek figures.

Nanjin sure has loved to talk up the detail they achieved with the pattern on the shoulders of the SNW uniforms. I cannot believe he has even bragged that you need a magnifying glass to really appreciate the detail. And he has made it clear that he cannot achieve that print and use the stretchy material for the shirts.

This is him missing the forest from the trees. The material he is using looks like a cheap barbie outfit. He is making a conscious decision to sacrifice the shelf presence of how the uniform appears at a standard viewing distance for actual microscopic detail. He is making the wrong trade-off. He should ditch the detailing and make the uniforms out of the appropriate material.

What does this mean? He is more hands off with SNW?

Nanjin Tam:

While Captain Pike is up for pre-order with an ETD of early 2nd Quarter, we will continue to fine tune Spock, Number One, Singh, and Chapel, plus new characters.

SNW production has no direct relation with our regular series releases. Beside head sculpt painting and sharing some hard goods production resources, whatever happens to nuTrek has nothing or little to do with classicTrek productions.

I am very protective with 1/6 Classic Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT and TWOK)

Looks decent, but I’m on the fence. Seems fairly bare bones for $250 shipped. That’s kinda nudging up on Hot Toys pricing for a pretty standard figure that doesn’t have a particularly unique or complex uniform and fairly basic accessories.

But the sculpt looks pretty good. Wish they had toned down his front hair stack….

This is the first time I didn’t receive the email, I was notified by BBTS. Seems like no one has received it from what I see on the forum here.

BBTS 9:09am (Pacific Time)​
EXO-6 10:37am (Pacific Time)​
Ordered (taking my own sweet time - but it will be mine)​

Looks decent, but I’m on the fence. Seems fairly bare bones for $250 shipped. That’s kinda nudging up on Hot Toys pricing for a pretty standard figure that doesn’t have a particularly unique or complex uniform and fairly basic accessories.

But the sculpt looks pretty good. Wish they had toned down his front hair stack….
Agreed re: accessories - might be worth gambling on instant purchase availability in the future. I went ahead and preordered it.

Back