EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, I’m also pretty happy with the variety of figures we’ve gotten so far and don’t mind waiting a little bit longer for TOS / TNG if it means that it increases the chance for better quality figures.

Much like the television franchise, the depth of Trek is gargantuan and borderline impossible to please everyone.

Attachments

• C299FDB3-BA04-4C98-B5C3-F00851096366.jpeg
    C299FDB3-BA04-4C98-B5C3-F00851096366.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • F8300AC7-F882-4B00-B534-4AB5AC0E7706.jpeg
    F8300AC7-F882-4B00-B534-4AB5AC0E7706.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 323126E6-6656-4B00-A3B2-360293B7AE96.jpeg
    323126E6-6656-4B00-A3B2-360293B7AE96.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Given how Saavik, a third tier character, has some of the largest pre-orders to date, and she's not even part of the Big 3, it looks as though Exo-6 will have to tread carefully to meet demand for TOS figures. I think Nanjin has played this the only way he could, by starting small with less popular characters and building up to the popular ones.

I get the impression that the 5 year mission was a personal one i.e. that he was setting up the infrastructure for when he retires after 5 years. It always looked impossible that he could ever hope to produce full crews in such a short space of time. Finishing up with popular characters is likely a way to try and ensure that demand is still there even if people are annoyed by the wait.

Given how Saavik, a third tier character, has some of the largest pre-orders to date, and she's not even part of the Big 3, it looks as though Exo-6 will have to tread carefully to meet demand for TOS figures. I think Nanjin has played this the only way he could, by starting small with less popular characters and building up to the popular ones.

I get the impression that the 5 year mission was a personal one i.e. that he was setting up the infrastructure for when he retires after 5 years. It always looked impossible that he could ever hope to produce full crews in such a short space of time. Finishing up with popular characters is likely a way to try and ensure that demand is still there even if people are annoyed by the wait.
Do you have any actual evidence or receipts to back up that claim or is it just more of "well nanjin said so on Facebook." As I stated yesterday, he says many things but ask him for one single receipt and you will be waiting forever. Might not want to believe everything you read.

Do you have any actual evidence or receipts to back up that claim or is it just more of "well nanjin said so on Facebook." As I stated yesterday, he says many things but ask him for one single receipt and you will be waiting forever. Might not want to believe everything you read.
Lol. To paraphrase Spock, why do to you ask a question the answer to which you know so well. I'm not sure why it matters. I've only been collecting since Qmx in 2016 and, to be honest, Nanjin has proved to be one of the most reliable producers, with shorter wait times and (QMX aside where he was as frustrated at their marketing model as the rest of us) very few cancelled products.

I'm not waiting for anything specific, except maybe Majel Barrett Nurse Chapel, Uhura, Chief O'Brien, and some Romulans, so I'm just enjoying the ride.

Last edited:
Just something to consider. None of us are getting any younger. But TOS fans would logically be amongst the older fans/customers. While some of you younger guys & gals ”don’t mind waiting longer for a better quality figure” or dont mind giving their “wallet a rest” 🙄 the older folks have fewer years ahead to enjoy their favorites. And some ( a greater percentage than TNG, DS9, Disco etc) may not even be here by the time pre-order TOS time comes around.
PS
TOS 1966-1969
TMP 1979
TWOK 1982
TNG 1987 - 1994
Is it reasonable to conclude TOS fans are on average 21 years older than TNG fans (not to mention fans of later series) ?

From Nanjin's Facebook page

TOS Kirk Ver 4.1. We are still a long way to go for a presentable TOS Kirk. As of now, I am not happy with what we have.
He won't debut till sometime in 2025 or even 2026.
If it's 2026 I worry that Bill Shatner will no longer be alive to see himself as a TOS EXO-6 figure. Come on Bill, keep that ticker going for many more years.

We should take anything he says about timelines with a grain of salt, I don’t think he’s really been all that accurate. 2025-2026 before we see any TOS seems like a stretch. I don’t see how it could take that long in all honesty. A lot of these figures haven’t really changed that much either since they were showcased at Mission Chicago as well, e.g. TWOK Spock.

If Nanjin underwent plastic surgery to make himself look like Captain Kirk, I could see it taking until 2026 to complete.
But a 1/6th scale figure? No.

I think it's likely coming off looking flatter in EXO's photography than it will look in hand, but consider the depths of the AWFUL it would have been had they attempted to root it!
I think they’ve struggled on hair for some characters in general so far. Especially female characters, some male characters too. They often look like globs or lack detail.

Back