EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like the cost is justified. Also, I don't know what a D-Ring is, but if it is what I think it is Saavik's a lot freakier than I thought.

IMG_4446.jpeg

SOMEbody is a freak, but I’m not sure it’s Saavik 🤦‍♂️

Is the TWOK phaser supposed to be that blue? I always thought it was a bit more silvery.
They had a blue tinge just off of gunmetal grey/silver, but I never had the impression that they were nearly as blue as Saavik's weapon appears in the promo shots (it also seems a bit undersized in her hand).

Should be fairly easy to mask and paint if it bothers you. I remember back in the day taking those Art Asylum TOS Type 2 phasers and repainting them and filling in all the screw holes, and sanding the incorrect texture off of the type 1 phaser on top to make them as accurate as possible. Those old toys really had the bones of the phaser on point, they just needed to tweaks. Sorry for the flashback, your question took me there!

Last edited:
Are the jackets all the same? I'm not that much fan of a "jacket" to notice the nitpicky variations on screen but if it could shave a little off the cost, and you're not going completist, might be able to just buy your favorite one or two in the Deluxe format and go "regulah" on the rest. 😉

Are the jackets all the same? I'm not that much fan of a "jacket" to notice the nitpicky variations on screen but if it could shave a little off the cost, and you're not going completist, might be able to just buy your favorite one or two in the Deluxe format and go "regulah" on the rest. 😉
At a minimum, I would imagine they were fitted to each actor on set and therefore each figure's body.

I also still favor the 1st one. Nothing wrong with that likeness imo it's the weird paint. Somewhere between a cherub and a chimney sweep (of course it could be the lighting). I'm not a fan of companies choosing drama and intrigue over accuracy in their product photos. And there are MANY who do this. Of course you can still get artsy and show us your mastery of photoshop. But not at the expense of properly showcasing the *actual* product in the right lighting to show--as much as possible--*exactly* what you're getting.

Ok, I'm sorry. I’m absolutely over the moon to finally have Saavik preordered, but being QuiGon, I can’t help myself…

What minor sculpt tweaks might bring out Kirstie just a little move vividly?

Original:
IMG4458.jpeg

QuiGon’ed:
IMG4464.jpeg

Better? Worse? Shut the HELL up?
I’m for sure going to color pick and contrast the crap out of her when I take them pictures. Gotta bring back those 80s colors!

I think I still prefer the original for capturing Kirstie.

I also still favor the 1st one. Nothing wrong with that likeness imo it's the weird paint. Somewhere between a cherub and a chimney sweep (of course it could be the lighting). I'm not a fan of companies choosing drama and intrigue over accuracy in their product photos. And there are MANY who do this. Of course you can still get artsy and show us your mastery of photoshop. But not at the expense of properly showcasing the *actual* product in the right lighting to show--as much as possible--*exactly* what you're getting.

I have to say I can’t disagree. There seems to be a bit more Kirstie in the unaltered photo somehow. But I think the head is a touch and a half too wide, and the ears are a bit too prominent. Other than that it’s one of EXO’s best female efforts for sure.

What do you think of THIS from a Facebook post I found:

IMG4506.jpeg

Last edited:
I think if the photographer went with a wider lens it would make her appear in more correct scale and fix what you did just there automatically

I guess they went with a longer focal length because they wanted Spock not look short behind her. It just feels flat in their photo. You got the tight idea, I think the perspective is the problem

The only differences between the jackets that I know of (besides fitment to their respective body types) are the department color bands on the upper-left sleeves that match their undershirt color: Saavik's is red, Kirk's is white, and McCoy's light green.

I'm going to predict that the preorder next week will be B'Elanna. Based on nothing, but they've teased her quite a bit and I think they'll want to close out Voyager pretty soon as they begin to switch gears into the full speed dive into DS9 and TWOK.

Hopefully Torres…I’m more excited about TMP Bones, but really want to have a complete crew and Torres gets me that much closer.

As much as I want to see the start of TOS and the ball continually moving with TNG figures, I really hope it is one of the already started lines that gets the next figure.

1. "Voyager" just needs B'Elanna and Neelix in order to be complete. (as far as main crewmembers go.) We can then put this line somewhat to rest.

2. "Mirror, Mirror" has been abandoned to an alternate universe. Let's see the next figure in the line, please. Kirk would be great, as I don't foresee any Uhura figure being released until the end of the supposed 5 year mission...

3. "The Motion Picture" McCoy. Apparently Bones refuses to use the transporter so he has been rising into orbit via the slowest Star Fleet shuttle still in use...

4. "First Contact" / "Deep Space 9" Worf. The uniform and standard accesories are already done. All you need additionally are a great head sculpt, his baldric, his bat'leth and we're basically done.

I’m thinking Torres, which I’m fine with because I really like her as a character and as mentioned one step closer to having the complete VOY crew, which in a million years I never thought I’d have in 1/6 form.

From Nanjin's Facebook page

TOS Kirk Ver 4.1. We are still a long way to go for a presentable TOS Kirk. As of now, I am not happy with what we have.
He won't debut till sometime in 2025 or even 2026.
202X - Ver 3.1, 3.2, 4.1, 4.2
2016 - Ver 2.0
2010 - Ver 1.0
I love TOS so much, that's why this series is taking forever. Forced to resign from QMx was the best thing that happened for 1/6 Star Trek.

Back