EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to have at least one previous order. My earlier comment after seeing someone on Twitter say they hadn't, must have been a mistake.

Last month's code was 15% off.

Do you (or anyone else) know if you get dinged in conversion fees if the price is gbp? I know you can change it but on the surface it seems to be a little less if you just use the gbp currency. Not much but a little.

I dread to think what the incoming Saavik et al figures are gonna retail at with all their "museum grade tailoring".

Guess we'll find out on Tuesday.

EXO-6 just sent an email about a pre-order on September 19th. They linked their teaser video for The Wrath of Khan so most likely Saavik.

Guess they’re really skating by with the startling this Summer tagline since Fall technically starts on the 23rd. :lol

Hope this is the beginning of the photon torpedo preorders and we see the other Wrath of Khan figures quickly. I got the sense that because of the consistency of the fabric, these would need to be made close together. Can’t wait for Tuesday.

I’m kinda torn. I’ll probably get Saavik but at the same time when I think of The Wrath of Khan that wouldn’t necessarily be my first go to for a figure.

I’d love to get Kirk, Spock, or McCoy first. Instead we have to go through this game of going backwards to get what we really want.

EXO-6 just sent an email about a pre-order on September 19th. They linked their teaser video for The Wrath of Khan so most likely Saavik.

Guess they’re really skating by with the startling this Summer tagline since Fall technically starts on the 23rd. :lol
I still haven't gotten that email. Seems weird, because I've gotten every other email, as far as I know, and I just ordered the Lower Decks figurines from them when they went up eight days ago.

I remember the email about a pre-order of a new Captain with a picture of Pike. He still hasn't come to fruition.

We shall see.
Totally forgot about that truthfully. It’s been a bit of an odd year for EXO-6 in my opinion. They essentially didn’t have any announcements until like March. We’ve had quite a few pre-orders since then but it feels a bit hodgepodgey.

There also is a sense of a lot of empty promises at times. Figures that have been talked about for a long time but yet no development. Just a lot of teasing to keep fans engaged.

While he’s not the character I’m most excited about I feel like TMP McCoy should have been revealed and up for order by now. We’ve had Kirk and Spock for months so it’s weird to have had that one held back so long.

I dread to think what the incoming Saavik et al figures are gonna retail at with all their "museum grade tailoring".

Guess we'll find out on Tuesday.
Does anyone have any reference of what Nanjin’s custom TWOK figures went for back in the day ?

My guess is that they will be closer to Kruge pricing.

I also think that Kruge was a tactically sound move in his sales/marketing plan: Release a newly designed alien figure at a higher price-point in preparation for the higher price point human figures to come.

My guess is that they will be closer to Kruge pricing.

I also think that Kruge was a tactically sound move in his sales/marketing plan: Release a newly designed alien figure at a higher price-point in preparation for the higher price point human figures to come.
I know inflation is killing everyone, and I don't mind paying a bit more for figures that require a lot of work, but if just plain humans go up close to that range, I'll probably peace out

I’m hoping that we don’t get a lot of $300 figures. Hopefully like $250-$275 at the most for certain human characters.

TMP had some good tailoring at sub $200, and I understand there’s likely more work in TWOK, but if they really are as high as $250+ then I don’t think I’ll bother either. It’s getting into the territory where quality doesn’t match the price point, and I have plenty of other things to spend my money on.

If these TWOK figures are priced as high as Kruge I think I will only get Khan. I already have Spock and Kirk from TMP. So even though they are from different movies I'll have to settle for that. My wife and I are from different planets when it comes to our ideas of how to spend our money. Star Trek figures are not even in her universe of justifiable purchases.

I’m lucky that for now my wife is still relatively supportive of my hobby. We’re newly weds and don’t have a house or kids yet though. Someday I’m sure I’ll have to give up some of my collecting budget for other things. Enjoying it while I can. :lol

Still though I won’t be exactly thrilled about plunking down Hot Toys money for EXO-6 figures, which let’s be honest aren’t quite on the same level.

It’ll be a limited few I’ll be willing to shell out big for. Kruge because it’s a classic Klingon look and feels relatively unique. Even then I had some reservations though.

I’m lucky that for now my wife is still relatively supportive of my hobby. We’re newly weds and don’t have a house or kids yet though. Someday I’m sure I’ll have to give up some of my collecting budget for other things. Enjoying it while I can. :lol

Still though I won’t be exactly thrilled about plunking down Hot Toys money for EXO-6 figures, which let’s be honest aren’t quite on the same level.

It’ll be a limited few I’ll be willing to shell out big for. Kruge because it’s a classic Klingon look and feels relatively unique. Even then I had some reservations though.
I was seriously considering Kruge until the price was released. Spat my tea out. I just don't see the value being that high. Sure, extra parts and all that (about $20 worth of plastic eyebrows too) but I couldn't justify that. At this rate, we're heading towards Inart prices. However, I must be in the minority if Nanjin is to be believed and they've outsold Picaborg.

Back