EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is apparently a new rumour that it will be Admiral Picard from S3 Picard that will be going up for preorder tomorrow. Not sure how much stock I’d put in it, but it’s out out there.

There is apparently a new rumour that it will be Admiral Picard from S3 Picard that will be going up for preorder tomorrow. Not sure how much stock I’d put in it, but it’s out out there.
Thinking that’s accurate. If you go to the website his image is under the block marked pre-orders.

I do like Michelle as the Empress (Mirror), it’s the debate if I want to get the Captain version as well. I guess and see what the wallet dictates plus the renders upon official solicitation.

Admiral Picard is up for preorder at EXO now…

$190 plus shipping.

IMG_4348.jpeg

Last edited:
Kind of a boring figure in my opinion. His outfit doesn’t do much for me and he doesn’t really have much for accessories.

I like the figures, but my first love is TOS so I'm going with them and TUC as book ends. If I were younger and grew up with TNG, I'd get these instead

I was born in 1982, so TNG, DS9 and Voyager are really my Trek shows BUT during that time I also had the re-runs of TOS and eventually the TOS movies on VHS when I was able to get the. Nothing beats the Kirk, Spock and Bones dynamic. I also like every single character on TOS, not so much with the other shows. While I don't mind 90s Trek it just feels as if it is something less than TOS to me. As for the modern shows, they are not for me. I did watch Picard Season 3, it was ok, rather grim for my taste. I tried Strange New Worlds but gave up after season one, just nothing like TOS.

I have considered going for TNG, DS9 and Voyager figures but in the end will stick with any TOS and TOS movie crew that are released. For me they are simply the best.

TWOK premiered 5 years before TNG. It’s essentially the oldest incarnation of Star Trek uniforms after TOS and the single use of TMP uniforms. Years ago Nanjin created and sold custom TWOK uniformed figures. QMX displayed its Nanjin directed protos at conventions and such. It was to be next for QMX. So … Nanjin has had MANY years experience designing and directing 1:6 scale TWOK —- yet P-3 manages to jump ahead of TWOK for a preorder and ”projected” December release with uniforms and costumes we only saw for the first time about 8 months ago.

Despite predictions and promises, I fully expect that the TWOK big three will be the very last figures EXO produces, perhaps even behind TOS.

TWOK is their proverbial Ace in the Hole where they know they will make bank even with more casual fans of Trek. So this will be their closing performance. We will probably get Saavik a bit earlier, but I’d be surprised (regardless of what has been announced or predicted) if we see the core TWOK for at least a year or two.

It’s been a smart business practice to cull our interest in the more niche Trek lines because we love all our Trek. If you had told me last year that I’d have the entire Voyager bridge crew, I’d have said “no way”, but here we are! EXO know that a TON of folks like us would have grabbed those TWOK figures, and completed our TOS and TNG crews and never pulled up the EXO site again had those figures been released early.

Brilliant marketing by EXO even if plenty frustrating for many fans as well.

Well he always said he wanted the final figures to be the TUC crew, but I'm starting to have doubts about ever seeing those. There are just too many other characters to make now, and I'm not sure how much interest there would really be out there in having two sets of figures in the monster maroons.

Might be smarter to just give us a complete TWOK crew instead.

Despite predictions and promises, I fully expect that the TWOK big three will be the very last figures EXO produces, perhaps even behind TOS.

TWOK is their proverbial Ace in the Hole where they know they will make bank even with more casual fans of Trek. So this will be their closing performance. We will probably get Saavik a bit earlier, but I’d be surprised (regardless of what has been announced or predicted) if we see the core TWOK for at least a year or two.

It’s been a smart business practice to cull our interest in the more niche Trek lines because we love all our Trek. If you had told me last year that I’d have the entire Voyager bridge crew, I’d have said “no way”, but here we are! EXO know that a TON of folks like us would have grabbed those TWOK figures, and completed our TOS and TNG crews and never pulled up the EXO site again had those figures been released early.

His goal was STVI to be the final run for the main crew so we will see! Likely he will want to space them out. It's not impossible that he might do a deluxe Scotty with a standard duty uniform if he does end up doing that for TUC. McCoy is an oddity since in TWoK he has his medical scrubs, standard uniform, and away jacket. The white scrubs were teased on FB but we might just get a version with a jacket like Saavik.

Last edited:
His goal was STVI to be the final run for the main crew so we will see! Likely he will want to space them out. It's not impossible that he might do a deluxe Scotty with a standard duty uniform if he does end up doing that for TUC. McCoy is an oddity since in TWoK he has his medical scrubs, standard uniform, and away jacket. The white scrubs were teased on FB but we might just get a version with a jacket like Saavik.

That's all still possible, of course. I'm just speculating that some (or a lot) of the messaging and statements that have been released for public consumption regarding timing of various releases may well be marketing strategy aimed at keeping us all excited AND ON THE HOOK!

No doubt it is a delicate balance between the strategy (whatever it is) and frustrating the customer base enough that a significant portion of them abandon the project completely. I'd also add that that frustration tolerance equation is for sure QUITE DIFFERENT for a group of addicted collectors than it would be for any other form of commerce :ROFLMAO:.

Let's face it, if EXO came to us tomorrow and said "Due to a production snafu, we have to sell 10,000 units of 1/6 scale Tribble statues for us to be able to have enough funds to produce the TWOK line, and contractual constraints require that TWOK be released no earlier than 12 years from today", 100% of us would be sitting there on the EXO website at 8:57 PST on a Thursday in September of 2035 with our credit cards in one hand, and a pocket full of 1/6 Tribble statues in the other waiting for the TWOK preorder to go live! Any who dispute this is currently wearing highly combustible pants!! :LOL:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Well he always said he wanted the final figures to be the TUC crew, but I'm starting to have doubts about ever seeing those. There are just too many other characters to make now, and I'm not sure how much interest there would really be out there in having two sets of figures in the monster maroons.

Might be smarter to just give us a complete TWOK crew instead.
And that is the only reason I'm gonna get the TWOK crew, because of the chance of TUC never being made. If the TUC crew comes out, I'll just sell my TWOK crew and I'll have my bookends, TOS and either TWOK or TUC

You have to have at least one previous order. My earlier comment after seeing someone on Twitter say they hadn't, must have been a mistake.

Last month's code was 15% off.

Has the September code been announced or is last months code still working?

Guys haven’t been back here in ages but how many years have the guy been teasing the TWOK figures showing half a face, quarter of a sleeve or half a jacket ? LOL

Back