EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjin purposely made an error in his post (I think Liam Shaw will honestly chew him out if he caught it)? So the formality goes out the window right and Nanjin will irritate the “******* from Chicago” even more.. :shakingfist:

I’ll might pick up Captain Seven if the resemblance and accuracy is there. Honestly saying, I’m staring to get more selective in my choices as I don’t have enough $$$ to get everything that has been released (unlike some famous 1/6 reviewer out there).

nothing wrong with molded hair as long as it's done well.

one of the most important aspects of hair is the sheen of it. hair does not typically shine the way glossy plastic does. it shines, but in a softer broader way, to varying degrees depending on the person. even "shiny" hair should be toned down to a satin finish.
another huge thing is the line between skin and hair. it shouldn't be a strong hard line. A little bit of the skin color should blend into the edge of the hairline, and the sculpt should include a bit of irregularity along that edge.
the third thing? avoid the temptation to make the hair details too "chunky." I know you can't depict the fineness of hair easily at this scale, but avoid turning the texture into tree bark.
fourth I'd say is the variation of paint in the hair. it's not enough to drybrush it and call it a day. some subtle airbrushing to give the curves volume first goes a long way.

their previous VOY Seven and Janeway figures both had very plasticy looking hair, with varying levels of success regarding the other aspects.

Is there any reason to believe that Nanjin isn’t simply saying that we “can’t” do rooted hair with Captain Seven because, as everyone agrees, it would look bad. I haven’t seen his post in context but I see no reason to infer that he is suggesting that EXO-6 CANNOT do rooted hair in general, just that they “CANNOT” do something that would obviously ruin this particular figure.

I tend to agree that generally rooted hair doesn't look good. Even some of the Hot Toys attempts made them look cheap barbie dolls. Unless they are going to charge 500+ to root the hair properly, then go sculpted. There are options for soft plastics for hair that hangs below shoulder length

Is there any reason to believe that Nanjin isn’t simply saying that we “can’t” do rooted hair with Captain Seven because, as everyone agrees, it would look bad. I haven’t seen his post in context but I see no reason to infer that he is suggesting that EXO-6 CANNOT do rooted hair in general, just that they “CANNOT” do something that would obviously ruin this particular figure.
Interesting observation. (y) 🖖

There’s no way to achieve that look with rooted hair, and it would be an annoyance to maintain. Sculpted is the way to go on a potential Captain Seven.

The only figure that comes to mind that somewhat resembles her Picard series hairstyle is Captain Marvel and Hot Toys pulled off the hair well IMO.

1684345034416.jpeg

Could also be that Jeri, her representatives and/or Paramount won't approve rooted hair for her figure. I recall this issue coming up with regard to the Emperor Georgiou figure and Nanjin said that Michelle had personally vetoed the scultped hair prototype...

That's how I interpreted it.

Could also be that Jeri, her representatives and/or Paramount won't approve rooted hair for her figure. I recall this issue coming up with regard to the Emperor Georgiou figure and Nanjin said that Michelle had personally vetoed the scultped hair prototype...
Rooted can be everything everywhere all at once

Given her history with the character, I can see Jeri Ryan not being too keen on being made to look like a Barbie doll.

Well THIS was awfully revealing and touching

Yeah - as the upload date shows - this has been out there a while. I think I saw it not long after it was uploaded.

Can't say I was surprised at Mulgrew's on-set behaviour, but hadn't realised the effect it had on other cast members until I watched it.

Seven has arrived, and I am over the moon! She looks incredible to my eye! So many of the video reviews have been done in very flat lighting, and as I’ve said dozens of times, EXO sculpts require a little lighting TLC to truly shine.

I opened her in a naturally lit room with another light source from above, and the sculpt details were already enhanced more than most of the videos I’ve seen and I was extremely impressed. Then I got her in the diffused light box and snapped this 👇👇👇.

I’m an extremely happy camper! It seems that every time I get a new EXO figure, I have a new favorite!

IMG3036.jpeg

Seven has arrived, and I am over the moon! She looks incredible to my eye! So many of the video reviews have been done in very flat lighting, and as I’ve said dozens of times, EXO sculpts require a little lighting TLC to truly shine.

I opened her in a naturally lit room with another light source from above, and the sculpt details were already enhanced more than most of the videos I’ve seen and I was extremely impressed. Then I got her in the diffused light box and snapped this 👇👇👇.

I’m an extremely happy camper! It seems that every time I get a new EXO figure, I have a new favorite!

IMG3036.jpeg
Good news is they’re still up on the site, so you can buy the other eight.

Well THIS was awfully revealing and touching

I remember that. Kate and Jeri have since made up (years ago) and apparently get along really well now (according to both of them). Apparently Kate has since realized that she should have been pissed at Rick Berman and Brannon Braga (and UPN) for getting rid of Jennifer Lien and making Star Trek: Voyager "The Seven of Nine Show." It didn't help that shortly after she had been cast Jeri Ryan and Brannon Braga started dating. It looked like preferential treatment and bothered much of the cast.

Back