EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that’s pretty much what I said at the end that I should just get over it. I just don’t care for the feeling of being manipulated by what looks to have at least potentially been less than straightforward information disseminated by a company I plan to do business with.

And I’m probably leaning a bit forward with my angst regarding EXO because of how their founder chooses to deal with even the most benign constructive criticism. I won’t re-litigate that here since we have all been up and down that hill multiple times. Bottom line is that it would be preferable to know that we’re being dealt with honestly and that there is mutual trust and respect in the interaction with a company we’d like to do business with. There is enough evidence to show that that may not be the case with EXO, at least not with consistency.
Fair enough…but when you talk about “doing. business” with the company I think in fairness the extent of that “business” in this case is that when you give them your money you trust that they will mail you whatever it is that you bought from them…not sure that they really owe anyone much more than that…

EXO-6 has been a double edged sword in a lot of ways. I like the fact that we’re getting Star Trek figures. I don’t necessarily care for the person in charge of it and how he treats collectors who he doesn’t deem as “friends” because they don’t love everything he does or question certain things.

I also feel like there is a bit of manipulation. Like I mentioned in the TMP thread I feel like we get guilted by Nanjin telling us how Star Trek is a line that doesn’t sell well and all this crap and that’s used against us to sell certain items as “limited” when they may in fact not be as limited as we’re led to believe.

I don’t think that Star Trek sells as well as bigger brands like Marvel or Star Wars but I think there is still a pretty dedicated fanbase who are willing to support the figures being produced by EXO-6.
I think this is all a reasonable response. I would point out that Nanjin has been a contributing member to this board for longer than almost any here. Purely for the love of Trek as far as I can tell, before he even started his company, or whatever it is. Nanjin deserves respect imo. I don't think it is even debatable that Trek doesn't really sell well. If it did, any of the major manufacturers would have already picked it up. It is niche and I'm grateful that someone has picked up the license.

Last edited:
"𝘞𝘦’𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘭𝘦, 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 – 𝘐’𝘮 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘸, 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘦’𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵’𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵."

Captain Archer beamed down to Australia. 🖖

Attachments

• IMG_20230508_162656.png
    IMG_20230508_162656.png
    16.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230508_162722.png
    IMG_20230508_162722.png
    17.7 MB · Views: 0
First we had to order Seven immediately or "pay eBay prices", now shes still available days later.

EXO needs more exposure. They should send Justin or someone a figure or two for a review.

First we had to order Seven immediately or "pay eBay prices", now shes still available days later.

EXO needs more exposure. They should send Justin or someone a figure or two for a review.
I think they tried at first with Jedha Patrol. He reviewed Data but nothing afterwards. I also know The Review Spot made videos for Picard and Data but I think that’s all.

I think they tried at first with Jedha Patrol. He reviewed Data but nothing afterwards. I also know The Review Spot made videos for Picard and Data but I think that’s all.
Captain Toy reviews them regularly but those are not videos so maybe not the same impact. I enjoy the written reviews myself.

I think this is all a reasonable response. I would point out that Nanjin has been a contributing member to this board for longer than almost any here. Purely for the love of Trek as far as I can tell, before he even started his company, or whatever it is. Nanjin deserves respect imo. I don't think it is even debatable that Trek doesn't really sell well. If it did, any of the major manufacturers would have already picked it up. It is niche and I'm grateful that someone has picked up the license.
While it is true he was a long-standing board member he also doesn’t seem to have any issues with abandoning the board and trash talking it’s members when he doesn’t agree with some of the opinions of certain members.

Yeah Nanjin himself has complained that he struggles to get the company/brand out there. Justin (Love him or hate him) has 600K+ subscribers. Seems like a good idea to me.

Unless you are one of "THE BIG IPs" that can generate a lot of clicks, I don't think many of the bigger influencers have any interest in investing the time to do a figure review. They take a lot of time to make. I can see why it would be better to spend time on something that will get a lot of views vs something that doesn't.

I know Sixth Scale Mafia and Robert Meyer Burnett are big Exo-6 fans with a big audience, but they don't really do figure reviews unfortunately.
I’d love RMB to show off some of his collection, he could easily do a figure review talking about his love for Star Trek in general and his thoughts on a character specifically.

Sixth Scale Mafia does the Exo-6 instruction videos and has said in the past it would be a conflict of interest to do reviews on them.

Most of the others I know who are Trek fans and are picking up these are picking and choosing their favourites so it’s not like you’d get consistent reviews for every figure.

Ben Thomas has been doing Exo-6 news and preview videos but he’s not in for the entire figure run.

It seems the universe is against me getting TMP Kirk at MSRP.

I ordered from Popcultcha thinking I'd save a few bucks, only to find they weren't getting stock - and of course by then EXO and everyone else had "sold out".

Then I managed to snag one from Nanjin's "UK friend" at a slightly inflated price.
No sooner do I do that than more stock magically appears at EXO. :gah:

On the upside, at least I didn't pay regular "eBay prices".

Beyond the original series and the theatrical movies with Shatner and Nimoy I am an ignoramus on things Star Trek.
When people were posting the other day that they bought seven of nine, I thought they meant they had bought seven of nine
figures they were considering for purchase. "Why are several people buying seven figures?" I mused. Damn, I feel stupid.

Back