EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot. More than anyone ever did in the 1/6 industry. Not when they just starting out, I mean as of today. The most assortments a 1/6 company can release within 2 years. I can never ever challenge any 1/6 company in volume but I have strong confidence that EXO-6 can make a record in assortments.

Personal desire. I like to leave markings on whatever things I do, especially when I am a new comer.

So, be ready for some strong tidal waves (assortment), and also be aware that most waves are tsunami level (attractiveness). These waves might create some serious damages (eBay pricing because it won't happen ever again).
Sounds like you have everything down, but here's something to consider. I haunt the Mego boards as well. Last year they entered into an agreement with Topps to produce figures, mainly ones that weren't as popular as say Superman, Batman etc. ST:TMP Spock was one. They were putting two a week out for pre-order and almost immediately the community started say "Whoa, that's 40 bucks a week, 160 a month" and started wavering. Something to consider, especially considering the economy.

Sounds like you have everything down, but here's something to consider. I haunt the Mego boards as well. Last year they entered into an agreement with Topps to produce figures, mainly ones that weren't as popular as say Superman, Batman etc. ST:TMP Spock was one. They were putting two a week out for pre-order and almost immediately the community started say "Whoa, that's 40 bucks a week, 160 a month" and started wavering. Something to consider, especially considering the economy.
Already did. For 1/6 Trek to go deep, we have to go fast before our last day. Do it slowly, within 1 year, our quality will start to go down hill, production turn around will end up going by 10 months plus.

EXO-6 should seize to exist after 4 years from today. We should be completed our objectives by then. Time for me to move on.

One series by one series, the Voyager fans could never see their figures until they became grandparents. The other way around, TOS fans will never.see TOS before we start heading to the zeta Quadrant 😅 do it slowly, we might possibly to complete 2 series before EXO-6 file bankruptcy, or drop Trek and move.on to some other franchise that make better income.

How much time do I have to do 1/6 Trek is not relevant, but how much do I have LEFT to do Trek is relevant.

Last edited:
Please don't give Scotty ten full fingers. I don't know whose idea it was to give the QMX seven hands with only one representing James Doohan's missing finger, but in Star Trek, there's more on-screen evidence that he has nine fingers than ten (I believe there are four shots in all of Star Trek where Eddie Paskey acted as a hands double for close ups of Scotty's hands whereas there are dozens and dozens of scenes in TOS, the movies, and TNG where the missing finger is clearly visible, including another closeup of Scotty's hands where Doohan didn't have a double with ten fingers)

Please don't give Scotty ten full fingers. I don't know whose idea it was to give the QMX seven hands with only one representing James Doohan's missing finger, but in Star Trek, there's more on-screen evidence that he has nine fingers than ten (I believe there are four shots in all of Star Trek where Eddie Paskey acted as a hands double for close ups of Scotty's hands whereas there are dozens and dozens of scenes in TOS, the movies, and TNG where the missing finger is clearly visible, including another closeup of Scotty's hands where Doohan didn't have a double with ten fingers)
I was the one who insisted in adding a hand with 4 fingers. I passively fought hard with colleagues about this hand. I stood my ground and they saw my “i care less about what you think” expression.

Not too many people knew Scotty had 9 fingers and McCoy's ring until recently.

If we have Scotty, he will have at least one hand with 4 fingers. Will try to make more but giving Scotty his own set of hands will add 20-30% on MSRP. That might affect Scottys sales tremendously.

I was the one who insisted in adding a hand with 4 fingers. I passively fought hard with colleagues about this hand. I stood my ground and they saw my “i care less about what you think” expression.

Not too many people knew Scotty had 9 fingers and McCoy's ring until recently.

If we have Scotty, he will have at least one hand with 4 fingers. Will try to make more but giving Scotty his own set of hands will add 20-30% on MSRP. That might affect Scottys sales tremendously.
Thanks for fighting for that hand. And yeah, that's something to think about. Understood. Thanks.

Yes you can spot the missing finger here and there, but Doohan went out of his way to hide that injury in the vast majority of his scenes, so seems a bit weird to draw attention to it in figure form, at least for me.

Depending on the type of hand, it wouldn't be hard to lop off the finger yourself. Nanjin, I'd say focus on making the hands where the fingers are sort of...stuck together? Fists, phaser, etc...than on the ones with the fingers splayed open. Fists would be tough to customize. Wide hands are as simple as pulling out an XACTO knife.

Depending on the type of hand, it wouldn't be hard to lop off the finger yourself. Nanjin, I'd say focus on making the hands where the fingers are sort of...stuck together? Fists, phaser, etc...than on the ones with the fingers splayed open. Fists would be tough to customize. Wide hands are as simple as pulling out an XACTO knife.
Last time, I modified a mold for Scotty's right hand to cut cost. This time, I will have someone sculpt a hand just for Scotty.

I did enjoy having Bones' pinky ring, that was a very nice touch, I made an effort to pose him to show the ring off. The missing finger on Scotty was a lot like Radar's missing fingers on Mash, they hid it, and you'd never know it unless you spent every episode staring at their hands. The idea that you could display Scotty with or without it was cool, I don't think I would ever use the 3 fingered hands, but they are nice to have.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree. This is a rather easy mod. When new figures come out you can usually find people selling individual parts for small profit on ebay. You can probably pick up extra scotty hands and cut off the fingers without damaging your Exo hands.

Otherwise, 1/6 hands are a dime a dozen.

A lot. More than anyone ever did in the 1/6 industry. Not when they just starting out, I mean as of today. The most assortments a 1/6 company can release within 2 years. I can never ever challenge any 1/6 company in volume but I have strong confidence that EXO-6 can make a record in assortments.

Personal desire. I like to leave markings on whatever things I do, especially when I am a new comer.

So, be ready for some strong tidal waves (assortment), and also be aware that most waves are tsunami level (attractiveness). These waves might create some serious damages (eBay pricing because it won't happen ever again).
Nanjin thanks for the reply. It sounds like you have a good plan and I think EX0-6 will do well as a company and will hopefully be a round for a while . Will the production run of every character be the same ? Or will certain characters be a lower more limited run . If so any chance that you could let it be known when a character has a low run to give collectors aheads up to purchase quickly .I know they are not numbered editions but it would be nice to know the production run of each figure . Once you make a figure and it is sold out will you reissue the same figure like QMX did with kirk & Spock Ect..?

For anyone still wanting to know when Mission Chicago takes place, the event runs from
April 8th - April 10th
download (4).jpeg

Nanjin thanks for the reply. It sounds like you have a good plan and I think EX0-6 will do well as a company and will hopefully be a round for a while . Will the production run of every character be the same ? Or will certain characters be a lower more limited run . If so any chance that you could let it be known when a character has a low run to give collectors aheads up to purchase quickly .I know they are not numbered editions but it would be nice to know the production run of each figure . Once you make a figure and it is sold out will you reissue the same figure like QMX did with kirk & Spock Ect..?

So is Locutus next up?
Locutus needs to avoid a direct preorder/sales death match with another no one should miss figure, while he is still under the mercy of approvals.

Then this no one should miss figure needs to avoid his death match with another 2 icons. 2 icons which people can miss but will have missing out thoughts from time to time.

The situation will get more confusing as we approach April.

Just few more weeks, things will be much clear for everyone so friends can reevaluate their purchasing budget for this year.

Although we planned but i doubt we will take this route. Will open up a lot of returns possibilities. Locutus is a dedicate figure. Rough housing with parts will damage them. I know how rough people can be with figures, or the accidents frequently happens because of being too careful.

We rather spend more time in producing something with reaonable durabilities, then having to deal with returns.

TNG era 1/6 Trek collectors surely will not miss this. Only the none TNG fans would consider not collecting Locutus. Some of them will regret when Locutus starts showing up, then will dive into ebay price when more things start showing up...

locutus is too cool to miss out.
View attachment 567618
I think I can resist this particular figure. Yeah, no problem. I can resist clicking the "buy now" button quite easily.

Nice image though...

..Yeah it's really nice. Like, REALLY nice! Okay... just a minute. Wait... no, no, no...NO! FINE then...I HAVE to get this!
Looks like resistance was futile.
(Sorry, I HAD to go there).
Locutus is a must-have.

Back