EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking forward to a uniformed Q, but .. oh well. I don't understand the first part of that. Why can't he use the same sculpt? I dont remember his look changing much. Regardless, I could see DS9/VOY being limited, but I would've thought TNG Q would have been almost as popular as a main character.

John de Lancie didn’t look different at all. All Good Things wrapped up TNG and he immediately made an appearance in DS9’s first season which by the way was in the TNG uniform before changing to the DS9 style. The reasoning doesn’t make sense. Oh well.

1710972664930.jpeg

q-less_deepspacenine_q_startrek.jpg

I was looking forward to a uniformed Q, but .. oh well. I don't understand the first part of that. Why can't he use the same sculpt? I dont remember his look changing much. Regardless, I could see DS9/VOY being limited, but I would've thought TNG Q would have been almost as popular as a main character.
I believe the head sculpt on the Judge Q figure lacks features that would be found on Q in any other uniform or outfit we saw him wearing. Because of the hat, no hair was sculpted so that it would fit better, and IIRC, it also lacks ears. From what I remember Nanjin saying and showing sometime ago, it's basically just a face on a ball or the rest of the head is the same shape as the hat. I forget which at this point. It's been a while.

Last edited:
I think he also has a thing about wanting each version of a character to have a different expression that represents a certain scene in the movie or series. So each Spock or Picard will have a unique look.

John de Lancie didn’t look different at all. All Good Things wrapped up TNG and he immediately made an appearance in DS9’s first season which by the way was in the TNG uniform before changing to the DS9 style. The reasoning doesn’t make sense. Oh well . . .

It sucks that some of you fine folks wanted this and may not get it, but in all honesty, I see him as a TNG character, and not even as a supporting character for DS9.

No interest from myself.

Q has always been a TNG character regardless of him bouncing in a few DS9/Voyager episodes and in Season 2 of Picard with a brief cameo at the end of Season 3.

No doubt that Nanjin wants to make another variant of Q, it’s which version that we want to have in our personal collection (Starfleet uniform, Spanish Band musician, Tapestry Episode version or the revised Judge Q from Picard 3).

Q has always been a TNG character regardless of him bouncing in a few DS9/Voyager episodes and in Season 2 of Picard with a brief cameo at the end of Season 3.

No doubt that Nanjin wants to make another variant of Q, it’s which version that we want to have in our personal collection (Starfleet uniform, Spanish Band musician, Tapestry Episode version or the revised Judge Q from Picard 3).

The only way I see a Picard Q (Season 2 or 3) being made is if Paramount insists on it. Clearly, the top 2 Q variants are Starfleet uniform and judges robes.

View attachment 694247 so this is the TNG Q that has to be limited. It all makes sense now :)
. Clearly, the top 2 Q variants are Starfleet uniform and judges robes.
Q should have been it's own figure line, plus themes & accessories packs.
The Q'niverse identities should be its own line of figures and outfits like Captain Action!

Q as Judge
Q as Sheriff of Nottingham
Q as a French Marshal (Napolianic
Q as Mariachi
Q as Union Army captain
Q as US Armay officer
Q in Starfleet uniform
etc.
5y70qe.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like I agree that the Q in the TNG uniform would have sold better than the existing first episode Q, whom I would wager might not be selling as well as they had hoped considering it doesn't seem to be nearing SOLD OUT. This is just wild, uneducated speculation (as is 99.99% of the internet).
That probably doesn't bode well for another Q. Especially if he doesn't want to do alternative figures if they don' thave new head molds.
Heck, I kind of think we'll get increasingly few non-main characters.

I could be dead wrong. Hope I am!

Yeah I honestly couldn't care less about my Judge Q figure. Not only are the proportions odd but it just seems so far removed from the Q we saw in the majority of the series. And it would have been a lot more fun to see this version mixed in with the TNG figures instead.

Not to mention the better and less cartoonish sculpt.

FB_IMG_1503695953661_1.jpg

Just watched his appearance on Kimmel, and thought it was cool seeing him still be just as sharp and entertaining as ever. And I know he's had his share of plastic surgery over the years, but it's nice to see him embracing the wrinkles now as it looks good on him.

I dread the day when it's "Breaking News" William Shatner has passed away. I've always gotten a kick out of his "albums" & books; his appearances in "The Outer Limits" & "Twilight Zone". Hell, I love Star Trek V. His acting on TOS is some of the most appealing and charismatic in TV history. His advice in "Up Until Now"- say Yes to everything- Yes opens doors" is words to live by. 🖖

Just watched his appearance on Kimmel, and thought it was cool seeing him still be just as sharp and entertaining as ever. And I know he's had his share of plastic surgery over the years, but it's nice to see him embracing the wrinkles now as it looks good on him.

Shame it was Kimmel - I'd love to see another Shatner interview, but I'd rather rather listen to Country music than experience 30 seconds of that sanctimonious self-absorbed puppet.

He did a reenactment of his death scene.

As cringe as the show is, Shatner was still great saying 'oh my...'.

It suddenly occurred to me (I'd never made the connection before as I've only ever watched "Generations" twice - because I think it sucks) . . .

. . . what came first - Shatner's final line in "Generations" or Takei using it as a (possibly mocking?) catch phrase?​

It suddenly occurred to me (I'd never made the connection before as I've only ever watched "Generations" twice - because I think it sucks) . . .

. . . what came first - Shatner's final line in "Generations" or Takei using it as a (possibly mocking?) catch phrase?​

I could have sworn the first time Takei did the "Oh my" thing was in his appearance on Third Rock From The Sun.

Back