EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered one. Needed a movie Klingon and even though Chang is "in development", who knows what's going to happen down the road? Now, let's see some TOS Klingons!

I'm curious how Kruge is doing from a pre-order standpoint. The price mixed with rooted hair made me pass on it, but has anyone here ordered one?
I order Kruge on day one. Yes, his hair might be scary (the hair looks doll-like even in the promo photos) but I think I'll be able to make it work once I've got him in hand. I've wanted a high-end Klingon for the collection for some time now and this was a great character. I'll have to make him a Captain's chair for the display :)

Ordered Kruge as well. I like the character and the film he’s from. Plus while he’s not perfect that look for a Klingon is too iconic to not have represented in my Trek collection. Hopefully it’s worth the asking price as I agree it is quite high.

Easy day one order. Braking the EXO norm, this guy looks amazing in the promo shots, so can’t even imagine how impressive he’s going to be in hand!

IMG_3813.jpeg

Also ordered on the first day. As others have commented, a fully uniformed Klingon may not happen later.
Nanjin said shortly after Kruge went up for preorder that other fully uniformed Klingons should actually be easier (and cheaper) now, because most of the work has already been done. I'm not sure what that says for a character like Martok who is significantly bulkier than Kruge, but they are close to the same height, so there's that.

I've always been a huge TSFS fan so this was an easy order for me. And I have no doubt he will look incredible in the Trek collection with that outfit.
I actually like The Search For Spock slightly more than The Wrath of Khan. Always kind of have. Just something about it.

That renegade feeling when Kirk and the crew steal the Enterprise to go on their mission to find Spock.

Also McCoy having been imprinted by Spock through the mind meld leads to some interesting scenes.

I even like the stuff on Genesis and while it wasn’t explored to the fullest extent I like David’s death giving Kirk a reason to dislike the Klingons more than previously.

I prefer Search for Spock too. It's Shatner's best work as Kirk for me.

The fact that the whole crew are basically throwing their careers away for Spock is really endearing.

James Horner's score is absolutely amazing too, and the self destruct sequence is one of the greatest moments in Trek.

'You did what you had to do. What you always do. Turn death into a fighting chance to live.'

Look at this beautiful shot. They don't know if they'll get off Genesis, but they trusted Kirk and took a chance.
tsfshd1299.jpg

I still think TWOK had the stronger story and villain, but over the years I've become much less a fan of how cold and militaristic it makes the Trek universe feel. And now I really prefer the more romantic visual style and vibe that Nimoy brought to his movies.

For better or worse, my love for Star Trek is deep and unconditional…it’s my favorite, Art, entertainment, pop culture, everything…wife and kids and then Star Trek…so Kruge was ordered as will everything else that EXO-6 chooses to release, sight and unseen. I have a wonderful collection of various Hot Toys figures that have had to be returned to their boxes and stacked above the closet to make room for more 1/6 scale goodies from EXO-6 as they ship.

I understand the appeal that The Wrath of Khan has. It’s an easy watch for someone who isn’t a diehard Star Trek fan but likes a good sci-fi action film with a solid villain.

It’s good don’t get me wrong, but I feel like the idea that it’s the best Star Trek has to offer is kind of played out. It feels like people who don’t watch a lot of Star Trek make that type of comment.

I understand the appeal that The Wrath of Khan has. It’s an easy watch for someone who isn’t a diehard Star Trek fan but likes a good sci-fi action film with a solid villain.

It’s good don’t get me wrong, but I feel like the idea that it’s the best Star Trek has to offer is kind of played out. It feels like people who don’t watch a lot of Star Trek make that type of comment.

Well to be fair, A TON of the overwhelming public adoration for TWOK was precisely due to the contrast between it and the lukewarm to icy reception TMP initially received. There was a sense of, OMG, FINALLY the Trek I remember! Many of us old timers carry that euphoric feeling about the film with us to this day. So if you subscribe to that narrative, then it’s hard to think of any Trek movie following TWOK as in any way superior because you could only get that TMP -> TWOK euphoria once. After the look and feel of the TOS cast movies was established by TWOK, most of us went into coast mode where the movies were just expected to be good.

So while a case can certainly be made that TSFS, or TUC, or even TVH were better films, that TWOK feeling was simply a one time event.

And as updated versions and Director’s cuts of TMP most notably were released, the rankings shifted here and there. I’m not even sure at this point what my overall rankings would be, but I’d guess the I’m not alone in thinking as a write this today that regardless of which movies is 1st 2nd or 3rd, there’s not a lot of distance between them in overall quality and impact. But maybe that’s just me.

Well to be fair, A TON of the overwhelming public adoration for TWOK was precisely due to the contrast between it and the lukewarm to icy reception TMP initially received. There was a sense of, OMG, FINALLY the Trek I remember! Many of us old timers carry that euphoric feeling about the film with us to this day. So if you subscribe to that narrative, then it’s hard to think of any Trek movie following TWOK as in any way superior because you could only get that TMP -> TWOK euphoria once. After the look and feel of the TOS cast movies was established by TWOK, most of us went into coast mode where the movies were just expected to be good.

So while a case can certainly be made that TSFS, or TUC, or even TVH were better films, that TWOK feeling was simply a one time event.

And as updated versions and Director’s cuts of TMP most notably were released, the rankings shifted here and there. I’m not even sure at this point what my overall rankings would be, but I’d guess the I’m not alone in thinking as a write this today that regardless of which movies is 1st 2nd or 3rd, there’s not a lot of distance between them in overall quality and impact. But maybe that’s just me.

Very well thought-through & phrased.

And nah - it's NOT just you :)

Back