EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could go back and experience the thrill of seeing TWOK that first time (or even the second, third and fourth). Because by this point I've seen it so many damn times that the story just doesn't grab me much at all. Which is the same issue I have now with the SW OT.

TSFS and TVH on the other hand, I have no problem still getting swept up by.

TWOK is may favourite overall because the total is greater than the sum of the parts, particularly how wonderfully the score fits. I love the trilogy as well.

But TMP holds a special place in my heart. They merchandised the hell out of that movie and it inspired my love for Trek long before I saw it. My lockdown project was to produce a hybrid version of the DE and SLV but I went completely nuts and re-added the outtakes from the latest release (dead security guard and Ilia in engineering) and produced the Rand Cut (tongue in cheek homage to X-Men DOFP the Rogue Cut) where Janice Rand appears in the second half of the movie. I fell down the rabbit hole and reinstated the Memory Wall but with Rand in place of Spock.

So my desire to get the TOS crew in TMP uniforms is all about unfulfilled childhood dreams...

Got Shran today. Nice looking figure, but he’s not the easiest figure to pose. The boots are nice but since they’re one piece the articulation is pretty limited.

Also the QC on the left leather sleeve is kinda suspect. Mine has some loose threading.

Another thing- the holster for the blaster comes off really easily. I might just glue mine in place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Got Shran today. Nice looking figure, but he’s not the easiest figure to pose. The boots are nice but since they’re one piece the articulation is pretty limited.

Also the QC on the left leather sleeve is kinda suspect. Mine has some loose threading.

Another thing- the holster for the blaster comes off really easily. I might just glue mine in place.
That stitching should’ve never made it past QC. For the price point, I would not be happy.

Exchange it.

That’s shockingly bad. Definitely see if you can get an exchange. I think they’d have to agree with you that it should never have passed QC.

Not overly impressed with Shran honestly. The fact that he can’t hold a pose without a stand is irritating. The boots just have no give. Even on a stand he’s standing on tip toes and his heels don’t touch.

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get an exchange as I did end up gluing the holster to the armor piece on his right leg. Not sure if that’s considered something I shouldn’t have done (I didn’t see any glue on it but it doesn’t friction fit very well).

The pleather is a concern I agree. It’s essentially his entire outfit except for the right arm and shoulder.

Last edited:
Not overly impressed with Shran honestly. The fact that he can’t hold a pose without a stand is irritating. The boots just have no give. Even on a stand he’s standing on tip toes and his heels don’t touch.

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get an exchange as I did end up gluing the holster to the armor piece on his right leg. Not sure if that’s considered something I shouldn’t have done (I didn’t see any glue on it but it doesn’t friction fit very well).

The pleather is a concern I agree. It’s essentially his entire outfit except for the right arm and shoulder.

My Shran is standing on its own (granted, the chain may have helped a little with the balance there)

Fight1.jpg

I'm pretty happy with Shran myself, and mine at least seems to be well executed. Of course I only use stands so don't have to worry about keeping everything balanced.
I’ve said in here before but I stopped using the EXO-6 stands because they take up a lot of shelf space. For the most part everyone stands pretty well without one.

Like I say it’s a bit ridiculous that even on a stand Shran’s heels can’t touch the base. Looks wonky. The QC issues are probably just mine but still annoying.

I’ve said in here before but I stopped using the EXO-6 stands because they take up a lot of shelf space. For the most part everyone stands pretty well without one.

Like I say it’s a bit ridiculous that even on a stand Shran’s heels can’t touch the base. Looks wonky. The QC issues are probably just mine but still annoying.
I think you just got a defective figure…none of the issues that you’ve pointed out are present on mine. I always use stands, but his feet immediately flattened on the bottom without me even having to try…may want to send yours back for a replacement.

I predict (here and now) that at the conclusion of EXOs five year mission, this Sisko figure will be at the very top of the list of grails people are sorry they missed if they never jumped onboard when EXO and the usual suspect vendors had stock. He is a very special figure, and easily one of EXO’s very best.

IMG_4011.jpeg

I predict (here and now) that at the conclusion of EXOs five year mission, this Sisko figure will be at the very top of the list of grails people are sorry they missed if they never jumped onboard when EXO and the usual suspect vendors had stock. He is a very special figure, and easily one of EXO’s very best.

View attachment 656795

For ME, it's easily the best figure they have released so far (but there are others that are damn close when it comes to likeness).

My favorite so far has to be the original release, "First Contact" Data. Love both head sculpts and even picked up enough loose parts to display the "real skin" sculpt, as well.

Second place goes to "Mirror, Mirror" Sulu. Just captures the actor and creepy character perfectly.

Sisko is definitely in the top five, for sure.

Back