EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean.. I think a lot of people are just happy to be getting a new Kirk. Whether it was this version or another. I’m glad it’s doing well, but I think he’s been kinda neglecting the TOS fanbase a bit (aside from the Mirror Universe figures).
I read somewhere about an issue with the licence from when QMX had it, something along the lines of so many years between being able to make the main crew on both TOS and TNG as QMX owned the rights for so long despite them going belly up - but the rights still stand?
Hence why he’s been releasing alternatives of the main crew - once the time has elapsed its full steam with them all. From next year or something…

TMP was limited as Nanjin didn't believe there was a big enough market for them to be a regular pre-order scheduled release.

While there is a committed segment of the fandom who love TMP without apology TWOK tends to be towards the top of if not lead the polls in terms of fans favourite movie - it may end up being a shorter pre-order window than say Shran but unless we all flood him with pre-sales to the point he can't hope to produce them I think everyone will be in with the chance of getting their fix from the sequel.

TMP was limited as Nanjin didn't believe there was a big enough market for them to be a regular pre-order scheduled release.

While there is a committed segment of the fandom who love TMP without apology TWOK tends to be towards the top of if not lead the polls in terms of fans favourite movie - it may end up being a shorter pre-order window than say Shran but unless we all flood him with pre-sales to the point he can't hope to produce them I think everyone will be in with the chance of getting their fix from the sequel.
I hear what you're saying... But who's to say TWOK won't also be a limited run like TMP?

I hear what you're saying... But who's to say TWOK won't also be a limited run like TMP?
Nanjin stated that the TMP figures would be more limited. I think the demand for Kirk caught him a bit off guard. The TWOK figures will be more of a normal run so I would guess similar numbers to Picard and Data?

Nanjin stated that the TMP figures would be more limited. I think the demand for Kirk caught him a bit off guard. The TWOK figures will be more of a normal run so I would guess similar numbers to Picard and Data?
Ah ok, I can see how the latter would work (someone should ask him lol). Only time will tell

I cant remember when exactly, and in honesty it could be my memory playing tricks on me, but I seem to remember someone asking whether TWOK would be a limited immediate release or a pre-order and Nanjin said pre-order.

It was a part of one of his "if you miss out on / don't like TMP wait for TWOK Kirk" comments.

I cant remember when exactly, and in honesty it could be my memory playing tricks on me, but I seem to remember someone asking whether TWOK would be a limited immediate release or a pre-order and Nanjin said pre-order.

It was a part of one of his "if you miss out on / don't like TMP wait for TWOK Kirk" comments.
Nanjin said it several times in this thread before he left the boards.

Ah ok.

I haven’t been following this thread, so I apologize for my ignorance. Did something happen to chase Nanjin off the boards? I think I can guess…

Also, is there an eta for TMP Spock?

I haven’t been following this thread, so I apologize for my ignorance. Did something happen to chase Nanjin off the boards? I think I can guess…

Also, is there an eta for TMP Spock?
He lost his cool. Look back in August.

2 weeks after Kirk.

I don't really think it's one specific thing as much as a gradual accumulation of things. It's really inevitable and why generally heads of companies shy away from this kind of interaction. I think it really fell onto two basic categories.

People trying to tell him what to do - Some people cant look past their own wants, expect that most others want it to. Some are very well intentioned, but really have no clue and think they do. Sometimes it's just a communication thing where maybe they weren't trying to tell him what to so but he took it that way.

Then there's people criticizing the product and him taking it personal. Understandably he's protective of the line and the people he employs. And here again, sometimes he took things much harsher than was intended.

You really have to be the type of person who can just say... ehh whatever... and ignore anything negative, or it'll just consume too much of your mental energy to try to ignore it, and I think he just reached that point.

He himself knew it when he started this venture. He kept warning us that eventually he'd have to leave.

I just wish him and his company the best, and will decide individually to buy or not buy as the figures roll out.

I intended to buy from BBTS and I forgot. Good thing Sideshow still has it!

Back