EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else not get an e-mail from Exo-6 about the release time? Wonder if they're going out in batches.

Another disappointing paint app on the production sample in my book. The proto photos on TMP Spock were breathtaking. This looks like a doll. I’m sure lighting will help. And at $175, there’s still no way I’m skipping either TMP release…..but still 😬

A688FA3C-49AF-4A9D-AC2C-C4F6309BD972.jpeg
1E594DFF-0E0C-43A5-B126-7B14C84E721F.jpeg

Wow. That's a massive difference. Red light not doing it any favors either.

Is there definition lost in the sculpt too? And hair? Or is that just lighting and a flat paint?

Another disappointing paint app on the production sample in my book. The proto photos on TMP Spock were breathtaking. This looks like a doll. I’m sure lighting will help. And at $175, there’s still no way I’m skipping either TMP release…..but still 😬

View attachment 608049View attachment 608051
Those are different figures.

The top picture you posted looks like Nanjin's WOK Spock from the days that he was doing customs.
I own that but changed the sculpt to a different custom one.
The lower picture looks to be the new Exo-6 TMP Spock

Those are different figures.

The top picture you posted looks like Nanjin's WOK Spock from the days that he was doing customs.
I own that but changed the sculpt to a different custom one.
The lower picture looks to be the new Exo-6 TMP Spock
Yeah, I think you're right. He's showing various Spocks.

Still be intersting to see the final Spock. Wish we could see both before jumping on Kirk.

Here are the photos of the actual production sample Spock…(with a guest appearance by production sample Kirk)

Spock is the clear stand out here. And I’m getting more and more concerned about Kirk by the minute.

View attachment 608061View attachment 608062View attachment 608063View attachment 608064View attachment 608065View attachment 608066
I think they both look fantastic. Only thing is looking at Kirk, I want to tug on his shirt tails a bit as they look like they're riding a little bit too high.

I think it depends on the angle. Shatner is apprently a nightmare to sculpt. First image looks good, IMO. Second one looks like a characature.

I see. I don’t think the sculpt changed. I think the production paint apps pale in comparison to the proto, and this is a fairly common tale with EXO releases.

But we should find out who EXO’s tailors are, because Their work leaves most other 1/6 companies in the dust. I should add, however, that Trek uniforms tend to be less intricate than other lines - Marvel comes to mind. But in terms of overall fit EXO does an impeccable job.
I think EXO-6's tailors are all in-house employees. Regular folk, non-industry non-professionals, with some talent who were trained and educated through practice and development under the company's supervision. That's what I recall reading on Nanjin's FB page. EXO-6 is very much a small scale in-house operation with high level industry equivalence aspirations. So far they've been doing it.

Star Trek uniforms may be less intricate, but they are very specific in their design, simplicity, proportions, cut and tailoring. They're form fitting with a clear style guide which is less forgiving of error. In some ways it's actually harder to tailor a clean simple crisp cut design with fabrics at this scale than it is to have various features and complexity. Get it wrong and it really shows.

Yeah, I'm not feeling these new head sculpts. Kirk looks drunk and Spoken vampiric. Wasn't a fan of Michael Burnham sculpt either. Exo is getting the figures out but would rather wait longer for better head sculpts. Imo single most important part of a premium 1/6 figure

Yeah, I'm not feeling these new head sculpts. Kirk looks drunk and Spoken vampiric. Wasn't a fan of Michael Burnham sculpt either. Exo is getting the figures out but would rather wait longer for better head sculpts. Imo single most important part of a premium 1/6 figure

I actually think the raw sculpts are pretty good ( maybe just a bit soft here and there). It’s the factory paint jobs that have been a let down on more than a few of their releases…..including potentially these.

I actually think the raw sculpts are pretty good ( maybe just a bit soft here and there). It’s the factory paint jobs that have been a let down on more than a few of their releases…..including potentially these.
I thought Janeway's HS looked like a cheap doll, Tuvok has a bad paint, and 7-of-9 looks soft. But I personally think Chakotay looks good, as long as production lives up to the images shown so far.

It depends what you want from your "Museum Grade" figure, I guess. People have different expectations for their two hundred bucks, and my uncanny valley senses are set quite high.

I'm on the fence with TMP. They're the figures I was really looking forward to, and the prototypes look great. However, I'm not going to buy a flat painted figure for $175+delivery for basically a body and uniform, and then pay another $150 to have the HS redone.

So, it boils down to whether they're bad pictures and will look great in-hand or not. That's the gamble. Collecting is about personal choices.

Back