EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going for a TMP vibe but if the TWoK version has more floor space to pose more figures, I really couldn't care less that the flooring is from the wrong movie. More interestingly, does this imply that we are getting more TwOK figures than TMP figures?
I think that's a major reach. If I had to guess I'd day three TMP figures and four TWOK figures tops. You're still talking about the same three bridge crew characters in both case and then Khan.

At one point I thought it was talked about that all of the TOS crew would be done in the II-VI uniforms. Maybe I’m wrong.

I don’t know if they were specifically being made from The Wrath of Khan. Think it might actually have been rumored to be from The Undiscovered Country and that they would be something of a swan song for EXO-6.

At one point I thought it was talked about that all of the TOS crew would be done in the II-VI uniforms. Maybe I’m wrong.

I don’t know if they were specifically being made from The Wrath of Khan. Think it might actually have been rumored to be from The Undiscovered Country and that they would be something of a swan song for EXO-6.
Yes I think it's likely we will only get 4 (possibly 5 with Saavik) TWoK figures. Nanjin has expressed a wish to do the whole crew from TUC. He has stated that female figures are more difficult to produce, so that might be a factor that ends up sinking Saavik.

Last edited:
The last hurrah release will be an absolute joy to see.

1666921425363.jpeg

As long as I get Captain Sulu from VI, I will be happy.
Nanjin seems disappointed that Sulu in VI isn't part of the main crew. Maybe he can be persuaded to include two a two jacket version.

Thinking about it, two jackets for Sulu could also be used for Captain Scott/Commander Sulu around the STV era, even if Scotty didn't wear his command uniform on screen.

Last edited:
I was disappointed the Excelsior didn't get its own series! Think Takei was led to believe it would.
Or at least a series of TV specials. Mind you, with Strange New Worlds dipping its toe into TOS territory, Discovery and SNW having updated uniforms very reminiscent of TMP, and the Roddenberry Archive paying serious homage to the TMP era, it's not impossible that might do a reboot show based during the second 5 year mission once SNW is done (or if Chapel and Uhura follow canon logic and leave the ship) and it's also not impossible that they could finally do a 5 year mission for Excelsior.

Nanjin seems disappointed that Sulu in VI isn't part of the main crew. Maybe he can be persuaded to include two a two jacket version.

Thinking about it, two jackets for Sulu could also be used for Captain Scott/Commander Sulu around the STV era, even if Scotty didn't wear his command uniform on screen.
It would be a completely different uniform as even the trousers would be different as they had different coloured stripes.

Even if they packaged a full complete wardrobe change we’d then end up arguing over which head sculpt they went for as Sulu was a little greyer in VI than he was in V.

Personal hopes is an eventful TUC Sulu comes with a Phaser and his Excelsior tea cup and saucer - I’d love it if Nanjin made the Excelsior Captains Chair but it depends on how far down we get with that sub line.

It would be a completely different uniform as even the trousers would be different as they had different coloured stripes.

Even if they packaged a full complete wardrobe change we’d then end up arguing over which head sculpt they went for as Sulu was a little greyer in VI than he was in V.

Personal hopes is an eventful TUC Sulu comes with a Phaser and his Excelsior tea cup and saucer - I’d love it if Nanjin made the Excelsior Captains Chair but it depends on how far down we get with that sub line.
Oh yes! The stripe down the trousers. Dammit. Nanjin is such a perfectionist. No way would he let that slide.

I think he would struggle with the logical conundrum with Valeris since the screen accurate uniform has the wrong colour collar and wrong rank insignia. It's as if they gave her Rand's outfit (who has a Lt (jg) uniform in STVI and a Lt-Commander one in Flashback) before realising their mistake! Of course it was because the uniform was originally intended for Saavik but it was very sloppy. She's not a cadet so why is she wearing a cadet's jumper with a grey rank insignia? I can't recall the colour stripe on her trousers.

Last edited:
It’s been posted online that the behind the scenes reason is simply due to budget, they didn’t make a new costume for her and just found items which fit.

While her costume is a nightmarish headache if you care about rank insignia and the division colour rules I hope that just like Saavik from TWoK there’s a hope of seeing Valeris made.

Attachments

• B90DCC81-1D2F-477C-BE53-07E3ACC8C98F.jpeg
    B90DCC81-1D2F-477C-BE53-07E3ACC8C98F.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 0
It’s been posted online that the behind the scenes reason is simply due to budget, they didn’t make a new costume for her and just found items which fit.

While her costume is a nightmarish headache if you care about rank insignia and the division colour rules I hope that just like Saavik from TWoK there’s a hope of seeing Valeris made.
I think Saavik is fractionally more probable but if they do produce Saavik, I bought a head based on Michelle Pfeiffer sculpt which I was going to use for a custom character. In then end I went a different way but I noted that the head actually bore a fair resemblance to Kim Catrall. So if a Saavik body comes out, a black wig and pointed ears could adapt this head if a down and dirty custom is what you want. She'd have a script accurate uniform if not screen accurate.

I may be an odd duck, but I'd actually like a Valeris more than a Saavik. I think the chances for either are slim though.

I may be an odd duck, but I'd actually like a Valeris more than a Saavik. I think the chances for either are slim though.
It's really hard to know at this stage when no female TWoK era figures have been made. He might think about doing a limited run if all they have to do is mix and match already existing uniform elements. Cattrall is about 5'6" so presumably mid range body compared to Uhura. Saavik, Valeris, and Rand are all about the same height so a mid size uniform could get its money's worth. Chapel is fractionally taller but given that her TWoK era uniform was only a cameo I think her TOS version is far more likely. That said, Nanjin expressed an interest in doing a TWoK era non-com uniform and Rand STIV would be the most high profile version so Rand and Chapel limited runs are not impossible if very unlikely.

Shran is a popular character, possibly more popular than any of the women listed above, so his sales might give an indication of where they might sit in terms of sales. It may be that we have to accept that only the main and really popular female characters will ever get made.

Last edited:
The thing for me with Saavik is if they don’t make her then including the landing party jackets with both Kirk and McCoy doesn’t make sense as there’s a member of that group missing.

In that case I’d honestly just pick up Kirk with the jacket and a basic McCoy.

Back