EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to check in on TMP Kirk. He hasn't gone up for order right? I'm at work so don't check FaceBook during work hours. I got the email about Locutus yesterday. For some reason I'd convinced myself TMP Kirk was going up for order either Tuesday (to coincide with the 4K Director's Cut) or today. Nanjin had posted a few times about pairing the TMP figs with the 4K so I added 2 + 2 and got 5 I guess. I'm guessing as of now TMP Kirk isn't available yet, right?

According to the website, the Kirk and Spock are tentatively set for October now.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember these are ready, but waiting on a licensor related approval. Whether it's an actor or the studio, I don't know.

I'm confused as well. Are the TMP figs immediate purchase or pre-order? Exclusive to the Exo-6 site or will Sideshow or Entertainment Earth have them? Finally, (the one which seems to have some people riled up) will all three be openly available or through a random lottery system OR McCoy will exclusively be available as a redemption offer only to those who purchased both Kirk and Spock through the Exo-6 site? I've heard a lot of different random things.

So Locutus is going up for pre-order before the weekend per Nanjin.

Looks like it will be up before "Next weekend", not sure if that means today/tomorrow or next week, depending on how that translates.

So was the Locutus tease it for Star Trek day? Bold strategy, Cotton.
My guess is the studio factored into it. One thing Nanjin probably has absolutely zero control over is when he gets approvals from the studio and/or actors & actresses on the likeness. He could be sitting on multiple figures waiting for the green light.

So someone asked Nanin on Facebook about pre-orders for Star Trek Day and he said there won’t be any because they don’t want to compete with the day.

I can’t help but feel a little frustrated with that and honestly don’t quite get that reasoning. A day like this is catered for stuff like new merchandise and fan excitement.

There’s not that much going on today where they couldn’t make an announcement. I guess what do I know as I’m not in charge.

Yeah, I was all excited, hoping to preorder a new Exo-6 figure today, and was bummed to read his post. Today is exactly the day I want to buy something Trek.

I’m not trying to knock him and know he’s done a lot for Star Trek but that just seems like a weird decision.

Seems like a huge missed opportunity to not have something for a day celebrating your franchise.

So someone asked Nanin on Facebook about pre-orders for Star Trek Day and he said there won’t be any because they don’t want to compete with the day.

I can’t help but feel a little frustrated with that and honestly don’t quite get that reasoning. A day like this is catered for stuff like new merchandise and fan excitement.

There’s not that much going on today where they couldn’t make an announcement. I guess what do I know as I’m not in charge.
Yeah I don’t get what else they would be taking attention away from…

Yeah I don’t get what else they would be taking attention away from.
I re-read and it sounds like they don’t want their news buried.. I mean maybe I understand a bit but I feel like those who collect are going to know and there’s not a ton of other news coming out.

I’m not trying to criticize in case he’s reading this but again weird choice and a seemingly big missed opportunity.

Also it felt like we were being teased hard about September which would logically seem to tie to Star Trek Day.

Nanjin has said before that things are constantly in flux due to licensing approvals, so I just don't think it's worth getting all worked up over shifting announcements or release dates anymore. I just try to order stuff as it comes.
I’m just saying. You would kind of think that you would lock something in and ensure it’s ready for reveal on your franchise’s big day.

It is middle of the afternoon and I am not sure what has happened for Star Trek day. Exo-6’s usual pre-order time would not have detracted from anything.

Last edited:
Star Trek Day essentially amounted to a stream that lasted like two hours on the Paramount+ YouTube channel. I mean there were some trailers but nothing so massive that a reveal couldn’t have happened.

Just a strange choice by EXO-6 in my honest opinion. Unless there was some licensing holdup but again I can’t believe they wouldn’t have worked something out to have for today.

There's almost certainly all sorts of crap behind the scenes that Nanjin & his team have to deal with - decisions often being re-assessed and re-re-assessed based on unexpected news etc. etc.

I'll admit that Nanjin sometimes misunderstands intent regarding some of the comments on the forum threads here, but I TOTALLY trust him when it comes to the REALITY he is facing and the resulting business decisions he makes. His company, his hard work, his call. PERIOD.

I personally couldn't be more grateful for what he is doing for those of us that love the various incarnations of the franchise.

I hate to sound harsh on EXO-6, I really do. I mean I’ve bought or have pre-ordered every release they’ve done to date aside from the two DISCO figures.

I’m just disappointed. It just really felt like today was going to be something. I felt like TMP Admiral Kirk was a sure thing today.

Back