EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ships are a huge part of Star Trek, but I can’t justify collecting a bunch of them. Especially not in larger scale like the TOMY (as cool as it is).

Anything bigger than the small scale Eaglemoss ships (maybe the XL versions of some) I’m probably not interested in.

Non figures but Trek questions.

If you are a Trek collector, then you must know what's happening with TOMY die-cast TOS Enterprise. What's happening there triggered some of my old Trek desires and inspired some outrangous ideas in production. To further reduce and control cost across the board by combining our plastic and soft goods production under one roof.

Anyway, how do you guys like Trek ships?

Some basis of Trek ships.
TOS Ent is the standards referenced. It is slightly over 300m with equilateral to 1000 ft.

Therefore a TOS Ent in 1/1000 is feet long.

Will anyone be interested to a one foot long Enterprise with FULL visual effects and ALL detail that never existed except on Bandai Perfect Grade kit.

The reason i want 1/1000 is because the Ent D. Ent D is 2x of TOS Ent. A 2 feet long D seems to be the perfect size for a Studio Scale classification.

I am looking all series own iconic ships. Full visual effects and Bluetooth or Wifi operation.

Thoughts?
View attachment 589169
I love this idea. I would without a doubt purchase highly-detailed and properly lit Star Trek ships. I would prefer a slightly larger scale than 1/1000, but that's just me being greedy. ;)

If you are a Trek collector, then you must know what's happening with TOMY die-cast TOS Enterprise. What's happening there triggered some of my old Trek desires and inspired some outrangous ideas in production. To further reduce and control cost across the board by combining our plastic and soft goods production under one roof.

TOS Ent is the standards referenced. It is slightly over 300m with equilateral to 1000 ft.

Will anyone be interested to a one foot long Enterprise with FULL visual effects and ALL detail that never existed except on Bandai Perfect Grade kit.

The reason i want 1/1000 is because the Ent D. Ent D is 2x of TOS Ent. A 2 feet long D seems to be the perfect size for a Studio Scale classification.

I am looking all series own iconic ships. Full visual effects and Bluetooth or Wifi operation.

Thoughts?
View attachment 589169
My mind would officially be blown if you ever decided to dabble into the starship side of things. That Ent-A looks beautiful!

I always liked the Bandai Kits, for their time they were a quality pre-painted and nicely detailed lighted option. It was disappointing that they never produced the Ent-D.

I was fortunate enough to purchase the 1/2000 scale Aoshima Enterprise D (Generations Variant). I could never find the TV version.

My pictures aren’t the greatest.

Attachments

• D37A0543-50EC-4CE7-9610-1F57A4084992.jpeg
    D37A0543-50EC-4CE7-9610-1F57A4084992.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 3CD49ED9-EBAD-4942-9EEF-BD60C9C872C4.jpeg
    3CD49ED9-EBAD-4942-9EEF-BD60C9C872C4.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
  • B4177928-A078-4C47-825F-979C33DBE022.jpeg
    B4177928-A078-4C47-825F-979C33DBE022.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 0
  • A081AFD8-FCE9-441F-A8FC-47B8951E87C2.jpeg
    A081AFD8-FCE9-441F-A8FC-47B8951E87C2.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 0
I would say yes, at least for all the Enterprises. I'm intrigued by the TOMY but like a lot of people I have nowhere to put it. I really liked the DST models. I actually built the 1/3500 line of Enterprises from Polar Lights/AMT and they were a lot of fun during the pandemic. Still on display in my office.

My take:
I LOVE the ships of Star Trek. Some of them are iconic characters themselves, while others are just awesome because of their design or some part they played in a particular storyline (here's looking at you, Reliant and Stargazer).

But they are big, and I already have a 1:350 Refit Enterprise that I built. I don't really have the space for any other ships right now. However, if I didn't have that one then I'd certainly be down for some smaller scale ships like you describe. I imagine others would be interested in some ships, as they are so important to Trek.
Will you parallel having a 350 is like having a so called "big ticket" items like washing machine, refrigerator, would require a lot more consideration during replacement or additional purchase decision process?

In other words, expensive and troublesome to relocate.

Thoughts?
View attachment 589169
I would be in for a line of detailed ships. I would want them to be all the same scale (in scale with each other), so they can be displayed together. TMP Enterprise would be #1 for me!

I've never been too satisfied with mass-produced Trek ships in the past (like the Tomy Enterprise, Eaglemoss or Diamond Select ships), as they usually get too many details wrong or look way too toyish, which is why I usually prefer building my own models. But it would definitely be interesting to see what Exo-6 comes up with.

Last edited:
I've never been too satisfied with mass-produced Trek ships in the past (like the Tomy Enterprise, Eaglemoss or Diamond Select ships), as they usually get too many details wrong or look way too toyish, which is why I usually prefer building my own models. But it would definitely be interesting to see what Exo-6 came up with.
100% agree with your points. Accuracy to the studio filming models is paramount, even to the degree of when powered-down vs lighted -- while at the same time not looking like a toy.

My mind would officially be blown if you ever decided to dabble into the starship side of things. That Ent-A looks beautiful!

I always liked the Bandai Kits, for their time they were a quality pre-painted and nicely detailed lighted option. It was disappointing that they never produced the Ent-D.

I was fortunate enough to purchase the 1/2000 scale Aoshima Enterprise D (Generations Variant). I could never find the TV version.

My pictures aren’t the greatest.
I have this replica also, and while I think it looks very nice -- especially when lit -- it has a lot of toy-like qualities. My least favorite thing about this release is that display stand -- which is the most awkward and odd looking display stand I've ever seen. Aside from those small gripes, it's quite nice.

Hmmm a TMP Admiral Kirk sat in a TMP Captains Chair next to a lit replica of the TMP Enterprise all from Exo-6 would be a stunning display - I have zero ideas where I would display it but still.

I’ve considered building on the the 1/350 scale kits before but I just don’t have the skills.

I’m intrigued, despite the cost and space requirements I’d have been interested in the Tomy ship but not being a US resident I didn’t have the option.

I've never been too satisfied with mass-produced Trek ships in the past (like the Tomy Enterprise, Eaglemoss or Diamond Select ships), as they usually get too many details wrong or look way too toyish, which is why I usually prefer building my own models. But it would definitely be interesting to see what Exo-6 came up with.
Eaglemoss was notorious for this, which is why I only have a select few ships of the regular sized ships (all Enterprises) and a handful of XL’s (Nebula, NX-01 Refit, Akira). I may get the ENT B, C, E since they looked decent before they’re not available on retail.

The ENT D version quite frankly was an eyesore for inaccuracies and with the numerous paint misalignments even on XLs, I wasn’t eager on acquiring more.

I have this replica also, and while I think it looks very nice -- especially when lit -- it has a lot of toy-like qualities. My least favorite thing about this release is that display stand -- which is the most awkward and odd looking display stand I've ever seen. Aside from those small gripes, it's quite nice.
I agree with you on all points. Even with its flaws, it’s far better than the Diamond Select version. The aztec paint application is impressive and better than anything I could do.

1/1000 scale is pretty much the standard scale for Star Trek ship models, having the most ships in that scale.

It certainly is nice when all of the ships on display are in the same scale. I'm a stickler for that.

I have all of the 1/350 scaled ships, along with lighting kits and aftermarket super-detailing sets. Even the authentic paints for both the TOS and Refit versions. Those are going to be my "retirement" builds, along with the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon...

I liked Eaglemoss ships. Bought a lot. But after awhile, without that pulsating navigation lights, phaser firing sound, unmistakable aztec panels paintup, etc. I just can't enjoy the eaglemoss too long. They ended up in their boxes or somewhere on my desk gathering dust.

A fully functional "unit" is much more desirable to me than a pure static die-cast unit.

TOMY just announced other die-cast ships, the game table changed again 🤣

1/1000 scale is pretty much the standard scale for Star Trek ship models, having the most ships in that scale.

It certainly is nice when all of the ships on display are in the same scale. I'm a stickler for that.

I have all of the 1/350 scaled ships, along with lighting kits and aftermarket super-detailing sets. Even the authentic paints for both the TOS and Refit versions. Those are going to be my "retirement" builds, along with the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon...
I have a Bandai PG Falcon i left in Hong Kong. I can't build it until I have old man glasses.

@nanjin - What did you think of the QMx Artisan Replica ships?

I’ve never seen them in person, they looked miraculous from the pictures, steep price!

42a3964579017f3cb42b26605b9ae8ef.jpg

1636e8ac113de411a7057b6eecf663eb.jpg

e3514cc00ca3709c29f551d733ed3f92.jpg

Back