EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've come to appreciate it more with (my) age, though it was still a hard slog when I watched it a few months back. But it's probably the only Trek movie you could call pure SF.
Yeah, that 45 minute “drift” through the ”cloud” sequence was a complete waste of celluloid; I have to fast forward through the majority of that snooze fest (about as boring as the highly overrated 2001: A Space Odyssey).

I hated the Enterprise flyby. But this part of the movie kind of set the standard of Star Trek ships, Aztec Paneling. The design received lots of praises. Aztec Panels are as important to the ships as the Starfleet delta communicators to starfleet officer outfits.

All Starfleet ships have Aztec Pannels except TOS Enterprise.

94C72DC7-B56D-4759-9AC3-7493ADF5CE6F.jpeg

So how old is this pic?

I've come to appreciate it more with (my) age, though it was still a hard slog when I watched it a few months back. But it's probably the only Trek movie you could call pure SF.

Meanwhile, my wallet is relieved that (a) Hot Toys isn't putting out much I'm interested in anymore, and (b) I only collect Kirk and Spock (and Picard and Data and Riker...)
The Directors Cut really does improve the pacing of the movie considerably, and makes you wish Robert Wise had been given more time to fine-tune the movie in the first place.

Although I guess maybe it's for the best? If TMP had been a much better movie, they might not have felt the need to completely revamp everything for the sequel and make it more of a swashbuckling adventure focused more on the characters. And we would have missed out on some really iconic movies.

Stunning. That Kirk is perfection. Spock, Locutus and The Sisko are looking mighty impressive as well.

They're certainly iconic looks for those characters, but as mentioned previously it'd be great if they were in the crew uniforms so we assemble an (at least partial) crew. If it's not feasible for nanjin to do extra uniforms maybe we could commission geewhiz?

Kirk-Bones-and-Spock-star-trek-movies-8475730-658-1000.jpg

6c98c72c862b67098727cc5913ab942e8899a3f9.jpg

They're certainly iconic looks for those characters, but as mentioned previously it'd be great if they were in the crew uniforms so we assemble an (at least partial) crew. If it's not feasible for nanjin to do extra uniforms maybe we could commission geewhiz?

Kirk-Bones-and-Spock-star-trek-movies-8475730-658-1000.jpg

6c98c72c862b67098727cc5913ab942e8899a3f9.jpg
If you going to do it, DON NOT let me know. Anything jeopardize the license, I will DO ANYTHING I can to eliminate the threat. My character will pull EVERYONE off the cliff together including this 1/6 Trek license.

DO NOT PUT ME IN A POSITION.

I do not want to offend ANY CUSTOMIZER out there.

DO NOT LET ME KNOW.

I’d be lying if I said that was a great likeness. But looks ok for a prototype.
Definitely looked better in that first wider image rather than these new closeup ones.

Does Exo-6 have a second FB page I'm not aware of? I'm not seeing those Kirk pics anywhere but here.
It was only posted on the Exo-6 collectors fan page, not the official one, as far as I can tell

From Exo-6 FB.....what does everyone think?

View attachment 569882View attachment 569883
I love this, even if the Shatner likeness is a bit off. But if I'm not mistaken -- I read a while back that this is a prototype. The admiral uniform is gorgeous... I love the details. I also love that the part of the uniform that we all thought was grey is actually the screen-accurate olive drab green. I'm getting this if I can before he sells out.

It was only posted on the Exo-6 collectors fan page, not the official one, as far as I can tell
So then the answer to my question is technically yes. I should join that.

And yeah, I can tell who that's supposed to be, but that likeness is a bit off.

Last edited:
I think the likeness on the TMP Kirk is pretty good. Not perfect, but you can tell it’s Shatner. Looks like it may be one of those sculpts that’s better from certain angles. I’m hopeful it’ll look better in hand as has been the case with the other EXO-6 releases. The outfit looks fantastic as expected.

Emotionless good head sculpts look good from most directions. Expression heads mostly only look good at specific angles, limited.

This is my observation.

There's a sculpt that I said it was terrible at first sight and started considering a re sculpt or ask Jacob for help. Hours later, accidentally looked at it again. That's xxxxx! That's the expression we want. Is a killer sculpt..... but at that angle.

I am curious about the color of Kirk's uniform, Nanjin.

In every picture I have seen it looked grey and white to me. Yet on this figure it looks green than grey.
Was it color corrected for the screen and the actual uniform looked greenish?

FYI- I can't wait to order this figure.
1648882545731.png
1648882898068.png

Back