EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I can see the sculpt working much better when viewed from straight on. I think often times with these CG renders they focus so much time on copying the one reference image that they forget to make sure the likeness and expression works just as well from every other angle.

I am curious about the color of Kirk's uniform, Nanjin.

In every picture I have seen it looked grey and white to me. Yet on this figure it looks green than grey.
Was it color corrected for the screen and the actual uniform looked greenish?

FYI- I can't wait to order this figure.
View attachment 569887View attachment 569888
Is Loden Green. Watch any version of TMP, the segment when Kirk walked out from the the shuttle, up to he stopped at the mid level of the escalator, you can see the color changed from Loden Green to grey then back to Green again. The rest of the scenes were grey.

In the cosplay Trek circle Loden Green is the standard for the particular outfit. I do set accurate colors.

FYI, I stand firm with all the colors chosen for TOS/movies to TNG. I told studio if they want to change, then I won't produce this ENTIRE series.

I am being frank, and don't want to waste time in discussing any subject about changing colors. Either I will make these colors or not doing it all. I am this firm on these. You can discuss about it, but I won't change.

BTW, the proto is not Loden Green. It is wrong. It is very obvious to me at home. But at location, I couldn't distinguish the differences. I brought along a Pantone TCX Loden Green swatch. The facility lights intensified the green in the swatch. We can only see the differences outside.

Loden Green is a military/naval type of Green. The color can change to grey in home lighting.

I have a large amount of cosplayers eyeing on my TOS TMP and twok figures because of their accuracy. They are the final judges of the uniforms protoypes, and they have already seen all my uniforms protos. I wouldn't move forward without having a A from them. I respect their painstaking expectation from Star Trek uniforms. They know they hobbies well.

1/6 scale Trek fans will be competing with the Uniform Trek fans for these figures. You guys eyeing on the head sculpt then the outfit. They do the opposite. These uniforms colors can actually use as swatches for finding fabric in the Trek uniforms hobby world.

The Trek vs Trek phenomenon might happen in this area too.

Last edited:
Bill Shats is a tough one to nail when it comes to sculpts. Nanjin is correct, it's all down to angles. I almost passed on my Mezco 1/12 Kirk as the likeness wasn't working in shots I was seeing. Then I looked again and I began warm to the figure. Now I have it in hand he's one of my favourite Kirks.

Bill Shats is a tough one to nail when it comes to sculpts. Nanjin is correct, it's all down to angles. I almost passed on my Mezco 1/12 Kirk as the likeness wasn't working in shots I was seeing. Then I looked again and I began warm to the figure. Now I have it in hand he's one of my favourite Kirks.
All those Trek were sculpted by BBKill.

That Locutus looks pretty sweet. Any other angles aside from that and the initial teaser? It looks like an even better Stewart likeness than the FC version.

When it comes to colours, screen accuracy vs costume accurate can be a bit of a hot topic within costuming circles so I wouldn’t be surprised seeing it overspill into 1/6 - I’m sure we have seen it before in other threads, most recently discussing the various “The Batman” figures.

there’s always going to be those 2 points of view and there’s no way to completely please both without causing financial and logistical headaches for yourself so at the end of the day your going with what you would want as a fan and collector. After all it’s a 1/6 museum as you have said numerous times.

Back on track, funny how I said my 1/6 movie Kirk would be TWOK version - then one look at this prototype and I’m wanting it as my sole representation of TMP.

When I was younger there was a Kirk figure in what I remember to be this scale (back then as a kid it was “Action Man” size) wearing this uniform displayed in a shop window, unfortunately he was not for sale no matter how many times I asked.

Great work Nanjin I can’t wait for the full reveals!

CBS internal research, Janeway was the most popular captain.
What? The one whose lousy decision making stranded her crew on the other side of the galaxy? And who gets enthusiastic about boring topics?
Oh you mean the figure not the series character. Possible I guess, very odd, but possible.

I’ve come around on Voyager somewhat, and recognize that it’s gained popularity from streaming, but I have a hard time believing Janeway is the most popular Captain.

I wouldn’t be surprised if CBS is somehow trying to skew it that way, but it just seems unlikely that she would be more popular than both Kirk and Picard.
Why the hell isn't Species 8472 the most popular anything in Voyager? What kind of a dimension is this?

I wouldnt be surprised either.

Very impressive. I’m an average fan (not counting freckles) and I think those prototypes look great.

Screenshot_20220402-125012_Facebook.jpg

The Kirk sculpt is nice but it's that old chestnut in this hobby.

Nice sculpt, wrong film.

Back