EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve come around on Voyager somewhat, and recognize that it’s gained popularity from streaming, but I have a hard time believing Janeway is the most popular Captain.

I wouldn’t be surprised if CBS is somehow trying to skew it that way, but it just seems unlikely that she would be more popular than both Kirk and Picard.
Or Sisko.

Last edited by a moderator:
Choose your wording carefully. Saying that Janeway is the most popular Star Trek captain is not the same as saying the Janeway figure outsold the First Contact Picard figure.
That's basing on CBS Consumer Product market data. But from my end, Janeway is heading close to TOS Kirk and TOS Spock. Remember TOS KnS were out for 5 years. Janeway only had 5 months.

Janeway fans aren't TOS or TNG fans, they are totally different groups.

Even EMH is closing onto FC Data sales.

Riker is higher than Kirk???
Worf ranks higher thank Kirk?
acb-XQ.gif

Doesn't matter who is the most popular Captain according anyone else but you.

Each Captain has their own fans.

I know very much whats going with TOS. I am very curious with Sisko, and TMP.
So, how many figures should us TOS fans budget for, ballpark. I mean, if we just go with the original crew, that's over 1500 bucks, pretty quick. I don't know how many people can swing that, especially these days. Any guesstimate/hint would be appreciated :)

For those interested, IGN concluded a fan survey of the most popular Star Trek characters of all time. The results should be very telling as to which figures will be in highest demand. Of note is #8, Seven of Nine. The highest ranked Voyager character on the list.

Star Trek Face-Off: Who Is the Best Crew Member? - IGN

I think EXO-6 is severely underestimating the demand for Seven. A 2nd edition may need to be considered.
Number 8 was 7 of 9. :LOL: ;)🖖

So, how many figures should us TOS fans budget for, ballpark. I mean, if we just go with the original crew, that's over 1500 bucks, pretty quick. I don't know how many people can swing that, especially these days. Any guesstimate/hint would be appreciated :)
That's why I kept saying, EXO-6 eventually will be out of business.

I will complete the crew, but will also have a barebone version that won't break your bank.

That's why I kept saying, EXO-6 eventually will be out of business.

I will complete the crew, but will also have a barebone version that won't break your bank.
That's cool. So any TOS aliens are down the road? And I'm looking at TWOK as well. And maybe TMP. That's probably 5 grand. Mind you, I can afford them cause I'm a Trekker from the TOS days and making end of career money, I'm just thinking of people that can't shell all that out in the short time you've put out for your business model. I have to imagine the Next Gen lines and all the new Trek stuff is probably going to be bought by 20 and 30 year olds that probably haven't reached their earning potential yet. I know you can't worry about that though. Just a thought.

We need to be careful about what that IGN poll represents and not get bent out of shape over rankings. All you can say without starting a deep dive on the respondents is that among the slice of people who would respond to such a poll, Riker is more popular than Kirk, for example. What's their age range and distribution, geography, level of disposable income, etc.? If you want to correlate it to figure sales we need at least that info as a starting point.

I can certainly buy Janeway the most popular captain..currently... without a doubt. There's the Prodigy audience keeping her front and center, Netflix data backing up Voyager streaming stats, and strong female role models are in demand across Hollywood right now.
Picard as a series seems like it's been rather polarizing, and none of the other "classic" Captains really have a starring vehicle right now.

But these things are cyclical. If Janeway at #1 blows your mind, wait a few years and somebody else will be the top spot.

I would think Kirk is most popular simply for the fact that he’s probably the most recognizable along with Spock. Almost any casual person who’s not into Star Trek probably knows at least those two characters. They’ve transcended the show/films and are pop culture icons. Even though I personally prefer Picard slightly.

That's cool. So any TOS aliens are down the road? And I'm looking at TWOK as well. And maybe TMP. That's probably 5 grand. Mind you, I can afford them cause I'm a Trekker from the TOS days and making end of career money, I'm just thinking of people that can't shell all that out in the short time you've put out for your business model. I have to imagine the Next Gen lines and all the new Trek stuff is probably going to be bought by 20 and 30 year olds that probably haven't reached their earning potential yet. I know you can't worry about that though. Just a thought.
This whole thing started out with an OG Trek dude like you, Me. Of course there will be more TOS. Covering all series is a sure thing (speed up the exhaustion), how deep will depend on the market. I will make as many TOS figures as I want to make, and I will price them as low as possible. No sales, is ok. My 1/6 Trek Museum gets to keep it. Demand from each series will call their own shots after this year.

If I want to rip you guys off, I can. But as you see from our pricing, I didn't do such thing. We start with no **** no bull production cost (no useless things) and price msrp accordingly.

Look, my pricing was actually going downward. But inflation, limited resources, logistics, and depreciating of USD vs RMB, crossed off the favorable msrp. Really, check last years toys pricing. Who can maintain a similar Low and Good quality pricing? Don't mention big company, EXO-6 is a small potatoes without an ounce of extra weight. We will starve to death by skipping lunch.

On another note, Test video will be next week around the time of Mission Chicago.

I show cased 4 already in production figures, 1 to be annouced Pre-Order, 1 special proto, and some previously released figures. Those 4 will be like buy and ship without wait (gap fillers - limited). The pricing will create chaotic buying pattern. They are limited one set for each customer.

Norm seemed to be surprised when I said production would look a lot better 😁

Well, as I said before, it looks like you have all the bases covered. Mind you, I'm not pickin at you or anything. In fact, I'm extremely grateful you've undertaken this endeavor with such enthusiasm and attention to detail. I'll just kick back and pre-order when they come up. And as other people have said, it'd be nice to get a heads up so we can get the jump on the Evilbay scalpers. ;)

This. The poll does not represent all of humanity, just anyone who would bother to respond to an IGN poll.
Oh, com'on, what each of us like is only our own concern. Why cares what other. We are collecting our own Trek in 1/6, and I collect a little more than anyone on this earth. That's all.

My production will bot be affected by each series of Trek. Each series still have the same amount of figures each year. Even if I don't do every series, you still get the same amount.

So sit back and enjoy 1/6 Trek as a whole for the next years or season while you collect your favorite Trek characters.

TOS dudes don't have much time. If we dont have our favorite 1/6 Trek characters in this few years, then when?

Oh, com'on, what each of us like is only our own concern. Why cares what other. We are collecting our own Trek in 1/6, and I collect a little more than anyone on this earth. That's all.

My production will bot be affected by each series of Trek. Each series still have the same amount of figures each year. Even if I don't do every series, you still get the same amount.

So sit back and enjoy 1/6 Trek as a whole for the next years or season while you collect your favorite Trek characters.

TOS dudes don't have much time. If we dont have our favorite 1/6 Trek characters in this few years, then when?
Us TOS guys really don't have much time, we're old or gettin there lol
Yeah I really look forward to TOS more than anything that's my Star Trek and the one most important to me, that includes the TOS Mirror Verse. However to be honest I have purchased everything so far including the chair. I can't wait to see the video and pre order some good stuff.
Tell Adam hey from us.

Good sculpt or not, The Motion Picture is a terrible film. I will wait for TWOK and beyond versions.

I've come to appreciate it more with (my) age, though it was still a hard slog when I watched it a few months back. But it's probably the only Trek movie you could call pure SF.

Meanwhile, my wallet is relieved that (a) Hot Toys isn't putting out much I'm interested in anymore, and (b) I only collect Kirk and Spock (and Picard and Data and Riker...)

Back