EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a tough call, because I really do love the standard Beyond uniforms... but Chris Pine just looked way too damn cool in that blue field uniform for me to not choose that one. And then for Spock and Uhura I'd put them in their regular uniforms.

And of course I have to put in another plug for a Jayla figure, because she's awesome. ;)

star_trek_beyond-8.jpg

I somehow never saw Beyond. I didn’t care much for Into Darkness, but I liked the 2009 film pretty well. I don’t think I’ll get Kelvin figures.

The day I watched Beyond was the day I told myself I had put my foot in the door of Trek just like I said 2014.

Although the invite wasn't for me but for QMx, I told myself someday I would be officially invited with an invitation in my own name.

6 months later, I was invited to watch Beyond premier in China by Alibaba Picture (major investor of Beyond) with this gigantic Ticket with the number 00001, and it was in my own name (I didn't know about this until they called on me)

Star Trek Beyond has its significance in my venture.
IMG_8841.JPG

img-8c5fe493407200bc80323d32345ae026.jpg

My issue with Beyond was seeing the Enterprise getting destroyed yet again. It soured the movie, for me, right from the start.

I really liked the first one. The second one was good, especially with the "TWOK-twist".

I felt like the first one paid tribute to the originals to a certain extent but was geared toward to next generation of potential fans in tone and tempo. I think the actors did a decent job trying to harken back to the originals but put their own spin on them. To my wife and me, Bones came out the closest to the original. I felt like Scotty and Uhura went the furthest away from the originals. For the second one, they were never going to match the original TWOK to me so I understand why they tried to make it their own. I get it. It might not have been my favorite take but I appreciated that attempt a lot more than Disney’s attempt to with Star Wars 8 & 9.

I also will never forget my dad calling me up after he saw it in the theaters asking me if I had seen the new Trek and asking if I recognized Captain Pike from TOS and how they ended up having him in a wheel chair like the original series did. I think by putting little connections like that in there they connected to original audience of TOS, maybe not the hardcore fans but the casual fans.

My issue with Beyond was seeing the Enterprise getting destroyed yet again. It soured the movie, for me, right from the start.

I really liked the first one. The second one was good, especially with the "TWOK-twist".
I was rooting for the wreck. If they had refurbished that and kept it I would have been happy.

From Order Date to In-Hand Date so far:

Data - 2/1/2021 to 7/2/2021 - 5 Months
Picard - 5/5/2021 to 9/14/2021 - 4.5 Months
Janeway - 8/20/2021 to 12/27/2021 - 4.25 Months
EMH - 11/2/2021 to Expected Arrival (01/17/2022) - 2.5 Months - WOW!!!

This is in a Pandemic - AMAZING! Great job Exo-6!

@nanjin I have a wish, something that no other 1/6 scale company does and what I think would be awesome if EXO-6 would do. I would like to have a dedicated spot in the hands compartment for the standard (relaxed) hands of a figure. I'll explain: most of the times I end up using other hands then the relaxed hands on a figure, for instance I use the hands holding and supporting a rifle or phazer. Then when I'm done posing the figure I have those loose relaxed hands that don't fit in the compartents dedicated for the other hands so I just put them somewhere back in the box. Of course if you move the box around the hands are just banging around inside the box. I think it would be awesome to have a dedicated compartment where to safely store the relaxed hands as well. I had a look at the last few packages and the plastic inlay provides more then enough space for those extra pair of hands. Just a thought...

@nanjin I have a wish, something that no other 1/6 scale company does and what I think would be awesome if EXO-6 would do. I would like to have a dedicated spot in the hands compartment for the standard (relaxed) hands of a figure. I'll explain: most of the times I end up using other hands then the relaxed hands on a figure, for instance I use the hands holding and supporting a rifle or phazer. Then when I'm done posing the figure I have those loose relaxed hands that don't fit in the compartents dedicated for the other hands so I just put them somewhere back in the box. Of course if you move the box around the hands are just banging around inside the box. I think it would be awesome to have a dedicated compartment where to safely store the relaxed hands as well. I had a look at the last few packages and the plastic inlay provides more then enough space for those extra pair of hands. Just a thought...
The stand was designed with this in mind. It is a cover for a container (same hex shape) for the smaller accessories.

We all know once the accessories or hands are placed back in the box, we wouldn't take it out for eternity. The stand as the container for lose small accessories such as hands will provide easy access, thus increase the enjoyment of the figures.

I took it out because of 2 reasons, increase MSRP and increase packaging volume.

Creating individual slots for the relax hands on the tray itself do not coincide with our Packaging design, in which we want to make the volume of the packaging as small as possible without adding cost. Adding slots with empty space increase surface area.

I want to reduce Dead Space as much as possible, which means reduce packaging volume, reduces material used .... all in all is about reducing waste for this planet.

Additional parts for the stand will be available for the more important releases. (I even have mini spot lights fixture for the stand) I even want to use those eggs shell recycle paper for packaging.

The stand was designed with this in mind. It is a cover for a container (same hex shape) for the smaller accessories.

We all know once the accessories or hands are placed back in the box, we wouldn't take it out for eternity. The stand as the container for lose small accessories such as hands will provide easy access, thus increase the enjoyment of the figures.

I took it out because of 2 reasons, increase MSRP and increase packaging volume.

Creating individual slots for the relax hands on the tray itself do not coincide with our Packaging design, in which we want to make the volume of the packaging as small as possible without adding cost. Adding slots with empty space increase surface area.

I want to reduce Dead Space as much as possible, which means reduce packaging volume, reduces material used .... all in all is about reducing waste for this planet.

Additional parts for the stand will be available for the more important releases. (I even have mini spot lights fixture for the stand) I even want to use those eggs shell recycle paper for packaging.
That's a good idea. I forgot about the option to store additional parts inside the stands. You are right about the parts stored in the box. They might never get out of the box.

Reducing waste for the planet is a good thing too!

I would have loved the little storage boxes. The only place I have for the boxes is in the top of the closet so once they get stack up there I hardly ever go back in them. If they are ever made available I would buy them.

I would have loved the little storage boxes. The only place I have for the boxes is in the top of the closet so once they get stack up there I hardly ever go back in them. If they are ever made available I would buy them.
The stands are storage boxes if you remove the clear part you can store the accessories in there.

Back