EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George Takei grudges on this decades old feud with Shatner because it’s all he’s got. I’m convinced of that at this point.

He wouldn’t be in the spotlight at all if not for his “celebrity feud” with William Shatner, who’s a bigger name, and has done a considerable amount more work outside of Star Trek than Takei ever did.

I’m obviously a fan of TOS and I like Sulu and Takei’s portrayal, but the guy’s schtick has gotten old.

Preparing the 55th figure. Shouldn't be a surprise.
janice.jpg

Batman needs Joker 😅
lol...perfect comparison. I think I'll go with that.
I love Shatner for his bravado-like personality -- which is more fun/good-natured than ego I suspect. He couldn't be Captain Kirk without it. I don't agree with some of Takei's viewpoints, and I think his Tweets can get petty -- but so can Bill's. I love their respective characters on Star Trek, and I like to leave it at that. When Nanjin releases his new versions of TOS bridge crew, I'll be getting them all -- and in that world -- Kirk and Sulu respect each other's role on the ship, as they should. ;)

I think Takei is showing his true colors with this and maybe the feud is not all Shatner's fault.

I recently stumbled on a video of Shatner discussing the feud and he seemed gracious and genuinely mystified as to the reason. Takei also (allegedly) changed his story about whether Shatner was invited to his wedding.

So any news on the EXO-6/Star Trek front? I feel like it’s been a bit. I can’t see how we’re going to get the proposed amount of figures that Nanjin originally talked about by the end of the year at this point.

I’m guessing whatever this 55th Anniversary figure is, and maybe EMH will be announced. Possibly Seven, but they don’t have a lot of time left.

Last edited:
With all the global supply chain problems, I can't imagine the wrench this is throwing into the EXO-6 system.

Maybe he's not offering up new pre-orders because he's not sure he can deliver within the turnaround until these global issues are fixed.

This is of course all guess work on my part.

Maybe he's having trouble with Viacom getting thing approved on time.

I doubted that there would be as many pre-orders coming, just based on how many there were in the first half of the year.

Exo-6 could always announce a handful of pre-orders tomorrow though, and Nanjin's optimism would be vindicated.

With all the global supply chain problems, I can't imagine the wrench this is throwing into the EXO-6 system.

Maybe he's not offering up new pre-orders because he's not sure he can deliver within the turnaround until these global issues are fixed.

This is of course all guess work on my part.
Yeah, and I understand that. I was just commenting that it doesn’t seem like the amount of figures originally talked about will happen. At least not this year. Not blaming Nanjin or EXO-6 at all though with all the issues in the world right now, especially relating to manufacturing and supplies.

nanjin, apologies if you've addressed this before, but why aren't you going all-in on the current shows while they're the flavour of the month? Is that audience not as inclined to purchase high-end collectibles as the older fans? Or is it a licensing issue?

Hot Toys, for instance, is doing every obscure character from The Mandalorian and they haven't even made Bespin Han yet!

nanjin, apologies if you've addressed this before, but why aren't you going all-in on the current shows while they're the flavour of the month? Is that audience not as inclined to purchase high-end collectibles as the older fans? Or is it a licensing issue?

Hot Toys, for instance, is doing every obscure character from The Mandalorian and they haven't even made Bespin Han yet!
Discovery figures are coming. Is yo-yo time perusing new Trek. Suddenly all of them have new outfits and themes not to mention props. They sold every previously seen props at auctions.

Have to wait and see. Trek is microscopic size comparing the Wars.

Supply chain certainly isn't helping matters. I paid for Picard about 6 weeks ago, but he's still tied up at customs I believe.
I think Nanjin mentioned on the Voy thread that getting the EMH signed off was slowing things down.
Even with these slight delays, EXO-6 are easily beating other 1/6th companies preorder to shelf time turnaround time 😁

This line is a happy line. Time between pre-orders and shipping has been very reasonable, compared to "other" companies.

I would rather have it that way than have numerous pre-orders floating out there with much, much longer waiting times. (like "other" companies...)

The only plus in having a number of pre-orders available is that the collector can budget the hobby funds a little better.

Watching some 1/6th collectors on youtube over the past year and they would often say they were collecting preorders rather than actual figures from HT. Must be very frustrating

This line is a happy line. Time between pre-orders and shipping has been very reasonable, compared to "other" companies.

I would rather have it that way than have numerous pre-orders floating out there with much, much longer waiting times. (like "other" companies...)

The only plus in having a number of pre-orders available is that the collector can budget the hobby funds a little better.
Comparing to the 1/6 norm, EXO-6 delivery time is abnormal 😅

This is the truth 😅

I don't doubt that Shatner was challenging to work with back then, enough of the actors commented over the years, and, if anything, Doohan seemed to have a bigger beef, but I think they both just make snarky comments for the fun of it now, largely because people keep asking.

It certainly isn't all Takei's got. He's a busy man for his age.

Back