EXO-6 Star Trek "First Contact" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See for me if it’s between a figure of a character and a piece like a chair or other furnishings the figure is going to win.

That's the beauty of the Star Trek universe - One can limit themselves to just selective characters (All renditions of Kirk and Spock, for example) or just a specific series (OT, for example) or just principle characters (such as just the captains or only aliens or bad-guys, for example), or if financially possible, everything...

Based on what Nanjin has shared with us, numerous times, I'm going with the "better to have and not need than to need and not have" mentality. Aside from the newer Trek stuff, which I have no interest in, I'll be trying to pick up everything else from the OT, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT and the films, if possible. If I later decide I don't need a figure, I'll sell it off. Better than deciding later on, when it is long sold out, that I now want it and be forced to pay insane aftermarket prices.

As for choosing between a figure and a diorama piece, it really depends on how vital that diorama piece would be for a figure. TOS chair is a character in itself, as far as I'm concerned and yet the Enterprise E chair, while very cool, is not exactly at that level, for me. (although I still plan on getting it!) :wink1:

My problem is I like numerous iterations of Star Trek. :lol

I basically enjoy everything through ENT to some degree. Totally agreed about the chair for TOS. It’s iconic. The Enterprise E chair is just okay.

Disappointing that the Queen isn't an articulated figure, but it will probably be better than anything we've gotten previously.

Nanjin, does the chair count as a “delivery”? Just trying to work out if it’s the chair, queen and 1 to 2 other figures or if it’s 3-4 figures plus the chair. Asking for purely budgeting reasons at this point. As much as I want them the chair and the queen may become victims to other EXO Trek figures. The more I know for budgeting purposes the better chance I have of being able to work out getting that chair.

Nanjin, does the chair count as a “delivery”? Just trying to work out if it’s the chair, queen and 1 to 2 other figures or if it’s 3-4 figures plus the chair. Asking for purely budgeting reasons at this point. As much as I want them the chair and the queen may become victims to other EXO Trek figures. The more I know for budgeting purposes the better chance I have of being able to work out getting that chair.
Ditto. Depending on what’s coming and when the chair and Borg Queen may be on the chopping block for me. For budgeting purposes as well. Both the chair and Queen would be nice to have, but if it comes down to it there are other characters who would take priority.

Last edited:
That does look good. The QMX figure isn’t bad really aside from the tailoring on the uniform being somewhat questionable.

I never liked the sculpt. Got the Exo 6 Picard, will get all future variations.

It would be cool to get Shinzon earlier than planned to tie him into the Picard legacy.

Last edited:
Nice paint up. I really think that sculpt was a knock out, and I also was not a fan of the FC sculpt, though I like it much more in hand.

I never had an issue with the QMX Picard head sculpt but WOW! Raymond, you've brought out every drop of Sir Patrick Stewart from that sculpt. Wonderful work!

Edit: I'll definitely look into removing the extra padding on FC Picard, as that was really the only nit to pick for me, as he appears a little too buff.

A back story about “that” sculpt.

That Picard head was originally done as FC Picard. He was de-aged to make TNG Picard. The de-aged FC Picard belongs to the previous company.

1) There are X amount of “that” modified younger version of Picard out there. This will affect our TNG release.

2) The original FC Picard still looks good. I could surely use it for our FC Picard. But the issue here becomes a little more complicated when I have the intention to release a Captain Series and I want a FC release (for some specific reasons).

2) since we would have FC and TNG Picard, it is logical to make both of our Picard significantly different from one another.

FC Picard was NOT the dignify and the righteousness Picard that we used to know in TNG. FC Picard did everything that he told people NOT to do. Killing anyone without mercy just to revenge his shame and traumatic experience was FC Picard.

Therefore I decided to reflect this in our FC Picard, and intended to release the Poster Boy Picard in TNG.

3) with the above intention, people who has That version of Picard can always use it on our FC or TNG Picard.

We have a FC Picard, we also mentioned there will he a TNG Picard in leisure and standard unuform. Then we teased Locutus. Adding all these, it is not difficult to assume EXO-6 will do New Trek.

Adding all the above, we will have the entire life of JL Picard in 1/6 scale, from Poster Boy, invader Locutus, revenge Picard, to redemption senior Picard.

Lastly, we have good head sculpts (fixed) but producrion paintup cant match Custom paintup. Spend hours on painting one sculpt means it will cost 1000s.

If you have money, repaint will push our sculpts to even a higher level.

The following picture is the FC Picard done in 2014. Mush older and narrower face (we added weight on THAT version)

Note that That version of Picard used a wrong phaser. Why? Because he was FC Picard not TNG Picard.

ST FC 2013-08-09 038.JPG

It really bugged me that QMX swapped the uniform but not the phaser… looking forward to your eventually TNG Picard!

Back