EXO-6 Star Trek “Deep Space Nine” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is the photo they used, they missed the mark. The Exo-6 figure isn't squinting. The eyes are just too small, even for that photo you posted. Are they too small by a lot? Probably not, but sometimes a 10% difference in the size of a feature on a figure's face can look significant. Also notice the almost complete lack of lines going from her eyes onto her cheeks in that photo. I can almost excuse the eyes, as that's something Asmus, Sideshow, and even Hot Toys screw up sometimes, but I cannot get over the wrinkles they put on Kira's face. They only really started to show up a little bit in later seasons, and even then, only when she was very upset. I've seen Nana in interviews and in person on numerous occasions over the years, most recently chatting with her in Richmond just last March, and as I've said at least once in this thread, Nana still doesn't have wrinkles on her face like that, and she's in her mid sixties. Those wrinkles look exaggerated, and needlessly so. The figure looks like Kira hasn't slept for a month and has been totally cut off from Raktajino.

Took the wrinkles you mentioned out…

IMG7074.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah sculpt is looking a bit cartoony at the moment. And that's an interesting approach they've taken with the neck bones, although I guess they didn't have many good options if they wanted to make the head posable.

I think a smile or grin is appropriate for him, he did it often. The sculpt would probably benefit from a more neutral grin.

main-qimg-83b6994d05758cd327f5c44ffee69f6c

I think a smile or grin is appropriate for him, he did it often. The sculpt would probably benefit from a more neutral grin.

Agree 100%. The grin is a no-brainer. But that initial share makes him look like he's attending a childrens Birthday party with ill-intentions! :eek:

Looking forward to Dukat. I remember saying the same this time two years ago when I had Covid and binged DS9 again and they still haven't made him.

That Garak snap (or one extremely like it) was first shown around about May last year. Who knows if any work has been done on him since. I'm hoping they refine the veins on the side of his head some.
Thankfully (unlike Neelix) it looks like the outfit they're going with is a pretty good one for Garak.

1708132006054.png

1708132179408.png

497742-IMG-7053.png

She looks like she's been hitting that bottle of Romulan Ale... hard.
Amazing that they would make a figure of such a beautiful woman like Nana Visitor look this haggard, and that she signed off on it!
I'm committed to getting this one, but I won't be happy if the figure looks like this in hand.

Last edited:
I don't think we can really blame the actors for something like this, as they're probably not too familiar with these 1/6 figures and what's considered a great sculpt nowadays. And they see so many bad toy likenesses over the years that anything with a bit of extra detail is going to look good to them.

I don't think we can really blame the actors for something like this, as they're probably not too familiar with these 1/6 figures and what's considered a great sculpt nowadays. And they see so many bad toy likenesses over the years that anything with a bit of extra detail is going to look good to them.
It's usually the opposite, the actors insist that the sculpt looks better than they really do (Sarah Machelle Gellar rejecting the Sideshow sculpt that was from a scan of her actual head), here Exo made her look worse. And I don't blame Nana, just Exo, she might be the kind of person who doesn't give a sh t what it looks like as long as the check clears.

It's usually the opposite, the actors insist that the sculpt looks better than they really do (Sarah Machelle Gellar rejecting the Sideshow sculpt that was from a scan of her actual head), here Exo made her look worse. And I don't blame Nana, just Exo, she might be the kind of person who doesn't give a sh t what it looks like as long as the check clears.
My feeling is that companies shouldn’t even be showing sculpts that look this bad to the actors to start with. They can’t approve what they haven’t seen 🤷🏻‍♂️

My feeling is that companies shouldn’t even be showing sculpts that look this bad to the actors to start with. They can’t approve what they haven’t seen 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have a feeling that the Kira sculpt was sculpted a little extreme to compensate for the loss of detail that ends up in production, sadly it appears that the production version retained that excessive detail. I'm hoping it's just bad photography from Crawford and it'll look better in hand.

I think Garak looks pretty good. The pain job for the Cardassians must be hugely difficult. They can't possibly replicate that level of detail as much as some of you want at as a small company and at these costs.

Unlike some I don't think the sculpt is an issue and it actually LOOKS like the character. I think the lighting and simple paint is what makes it look a bit cartoony but again, I think Cardassian painting would be super difficult. That said I still think it looks good, and better than anything else Garak merchandise 10 fold and is one of the more accurate figures. And it's seemingly just the prototype?

Back