EXO-6 Star Trek “Deep Space Nine” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the photos, I don’t see the claim of it being Exo-6’s best sculpt (female or otherwise) ringing all that true. She looks slightly puffy/too old. It could be lighting but maybe you just have to see it in-hand.

IMG_7053.png
IMG_7055.png

It’s not bad. She’ll look pretty good with the rest of the team I’d imagine.

I think your theory is correct @davejames. It looks like both the photo posted one page back and these from Michael Crawford have the ambience (gamma) dialed WAY down to make the pastel like hot pink appear less in your face. The cost of that, however, appears to be the return of that prominent back stitch work on the sleeves.

Sculpt is decent. Definitely recognizable. But this could have been another stellar release from EXO if a couple of seemingly obvious details were kept true to what we all saw on the show.

Michael Crawford’s Kira review is up. He always seems fairly easy on these figures. The uniform colors still seem too bright to me.
He liked the vast majority of Star Ace Harry Potter figures. Crawford is very lenient on stuff he gets early.

I was speaking to Anthony on his Discord server last night. I was asking about the picture he took and how others photos the suit looks different. He explained the lighting affects this uniform a lot. He then streamed the figure under his display lighting then removed it from the shelf. It visibly changed color live on camera. Lighting will affect the colors on this suit more then others it seems.

I was speaking to Anthony on his Discord server last night. I was asking about the picture he took and how others photos the suit looks different. He explained the lighting affects this uniform a lot. He then streamed the figure under his display lighting then removed it from the shelf. It visibly changed color live on camera. Lighting will affect the colors on this suit more then others it seems.

Always.

It’s still too bad they couldn’t have come up with a way to make the chain an actual chain instead of a plastic piece. I understand why but it doesn’t look that great.

Kira is one of my favorite characters in all of Trek, and I'm glad I passed.
While I can absolutely tell who this is, four things throw it off.
1. The uniform seems too bright
2. The hair isn't red enough-or at all, apparently. (Michael Crawford says it is a "solid brown," which is completely wrong for this early seasons Kira)
3. The eyes are too small. It doesn't even look like she's squinting. They're just too small.
4. There are wrinkles in the face sculpt that Nana Visitor didn't have thirty years ago and doesn't even have now in her mid-sixties. I think they may have been trying to avoid the "too smooth" appearance that a couple of the Voyager figures have and exaggerated the lines in her face. The result looks just as wrong, in my opinion.

This is the best picture I’ve seen of Kira, she looks quite good here and the improvement level over any of the female releases from the VOY line is infinitely better. The uniform colour is off but I’d probably prefer that vs. a lifeless soft sculpt like Janeway.

1707950790415.png

Good point about the eyes. They do look small. Also agree about the hair color. I have Kira pre-ordered and already paid off but not super excited for her anymore.

Good point about the eyes. They do look small. Also agree about the hair color. I have Kira pre-ordered and already paid off but not super excited for her anymore.
It’ll be interesting to hear your thoughts once you have her in hand as they typically look better. I was surprised with Archer personally.

Aside from the uniform colour, I think I would be happy with her based on that picture.

2. The hair isn't red enough-or at all, apparently. (Michael Crawford says it is a "solid brown," which is completely wrong for this early seasons Kira)
3. The eyes are too small. It doesn't even look like she's squinting. They're just too small.
4. There are wrinkles in the face sculpt that Nana Visitor didn't have thirty years ago and doesn't even have now in her mid-sixties. I think they may have been trying to avoid the "too smooth" appearance that a couple of the Voyager figures have and exaggerated the lines in her face. The result looks just as wrong, in my opinion.

I couldn’t resist…

Facetune140220241726.jpeg

To be fair I think the overhead lighting is really eccentuating the wrinkles and haggardness we're seeing in these pics, and it probably won't look as bad in hand.

But I definitely agree about the eyes, and might have to try some surgery on mine to open them up more, because I still remember what a huge improvement that made with Qui-Gons photoshop earlier:

459421-IMG-3618.png

View attachment 689234

For those of you keeping score at home:

1. Enlarged her eyes
2. Added some simulated lighting from directly in front
3. Put some auburn highlights in her hair
4. Smoothed out her skin
5. Adjusted the color palette of her uniform
I think the nose might still be a little long (tall?) and the wrinkles below the eyes are still a bit heavy for Nana in her thirties, but if the figure looked like this, I would absolutely buy it, even if though it wouldn't fit with other members of the crew in their season 5-7 uniforms.

Back