EXO-6 Star Trek “Deep Space Nine” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quark has arrived!
QUARK 01.jpg

Be it Sideshow, Hot Toys or even Hasbro back in the day, all of the sixth-scale producers share one really cool thing. The alien characters ALWAYS come out fantastic! Quark is exceptional...Armin really comes through on the portrait. Well done, Exo-6!

Quark has arrived!
View attachment 682322

Be it Sideshow, Hot Toys or even Hasbro back in the day, all of the sixth-scale producers share one really cool thing. The alien characters ALWAYS come out fantastic! Quark is exceptional...Armin really comes through on the portrait. Well done, Exo-6!

I agree! He is quite spectacular! I imagine with aliens we may not decern likeness in quite the same personal way we do with human faces, so any subtle imperfections in alien sculpts don’t strike us as much if at all. So there’s probably a lot more wiggle room for alien sculpts to be seen as A+ as compared to a figure of Luke Skywalker for instance.

But whatever the reason, I perfectly fine with it because these aliens look FANTASTIC!

And speaking of fantastic, what a FANTASTIC photo you took there @jedibear !

🥂

Quark has arrived!
View attachment 682322

Simply stunning!

I adore the series, the character, this figure, AND your photo. Perfect portrait.

Well-done to the sculptor and to the EXO-6 production team :clap :clap:clap:clap :clap

Yeah I just really don't understand the color choices with this figure. It's good that he dialed down the crosshatching, but now the arms and shoulders don't look nearly as dark as they should be. Should be closer to the belt color.

But hey, we're just a bunch of dumb "Experts" who don't know anything about color or what looks right on these characters we've been obsessing over for decades.

fdgjk.JPG

Yeah I just really don't understand the color choices with this figure. It's good that he dialed down the crosshatching, but now the arms and shoulders don't look nearly as dark as they should be. Should be closer to the belt color.

But hey, we're just a bunch of dumb "Experts" who don't know anything about color or what looks right on these characters we've been obsessing over for decades.

View attachment 685159

Well I’m no expert but I do know lighting plays a lot into what colors look like in pictures both TV and figure pics.

I also know uniforms like hairstyles changed from season to season.

I also know that pictures rarely look the same on a screen as it does having the object in hand.

As I said Im no expert but Nanjin hasn’t missed on a uniform yet, and I’m sure once we get her in hand this won’t be any different.

Attachments

• IMG_1517.jpeg
    IMG_1517.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1520.jpeg
    IMG_1520.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
We're not talking about a subtle change in color temperature or hue like in those screenshots.

Well considering lighting can have subtle AND/OR drastic changes in how color is perceived, I'd say we are talking about it.

This subject is a dead horse that people keep beating on. The lighting in the picture affects how the color looks. The low res pictures, and lighting from most of the older Trek shows affects how we see the actual color of the outfit.

now the arms and shoulders don't look nearly as dark as they should be
I wonder if this is a symptom of the mix-and-match approach they've taken to Kira. She's wearing an early uniform type, but with coloring closer to that of a later one.

Attachments

• ds9-documentary-170.jpg
    ds9-documentary-170.jpg
    685.8 KB · Views: 0
I'm hoping he just has a super bright spotlight shining on her in that shot, and everything will be much more subdued in hand. Lol
Me too, but I doubt it. Every last shot I've seen of the producion sample has been that hot pink look.

The thing that surprises me is that NT is SUCH a stickler for set accuracy and his own photos of the screen worn uniform that he reports that he’s using for reference are SO different from the product we’re seeing so far. Hoping a miracle occurs and the final figure that ships looks like these uniform photos.

These are the photos NT posted himself of the reference uniform.

IMG_6696.jpeg
IMG_6697.jpeg

Last edited:
Back