Enterbay: Django Unchained

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to troll here.

I wasn't aware that I was being a troll. Can you please tell how I am being one here?

What is there good to say? The other news stations have coddled him for 5 years now.

This is not the pace for that but all I will ask is:

How do think Fox News would have played Bush getting Bin Laden?
And again, go do your Fox vrs Facts fact check if you are any doubt!

I wasn't aware that I was being a troll. Can you please tell how I am being one here?

This is not the pace for that but all I will ask is:

How do think Fox News would have played Bush getting Bin Laden?
And again, go do your Fox vrs Facts fact check if you are any doubt!

Branding me as a diehard Faux News (I know you're aching to say it) is coming off as very ignorant.

Well of course you would say that.

Think what you like or go do a fact check, or not. Whatever!

2qxq13s.gif

I don't even know what this guy is talking about, what point he's trying to make, or what fact check I'm supposed to do...

This isn't a political thread, calm down.

Sure, you are taking passive-aggressive swipes at the U.S.:

How men such as these have as much sway as they do in America is beyond me.

None more so that the US however!
I understand that Europeans have skewed views of the U.S., due to U.S. global reach/media saturation and various biases that are in play here. But this isn't the place for it. If you want to claim those were innocent observations, then that's fine, too. But let's just knock it off from here on.

Like Gladiator and Spartacus Django is a slave to hero story.

Do figures with guns not trivialize violence?

I am at a loss as to what the argument is.

:lol @ you guys. The film being reputedly racist or not, the complaint about the Neca figures - and by extension the Enterbay figures - was that, as toys, they might promote racist play in children.

I'm not Dr Law or anything, but the complaint would've been unlikely to have held up in court had it been argued that the figures were clearly adult collectibles and not children's toys.

I'm not Dr Law or anything, but the complaint would've been unlikely to have held up in court had it been argued that the figures were clearly adult collectibles and not children's toys.

Which surely makes this whole situation even more silly and idiotic right!??

Al Sharpton is a joke to me, and I take nothing he says very seriously (same goes for most pandering ideologues). But I'm surprised Spike Lee would take such offense. Wouldn't surprise me if it went beyond the actual substance of the film and was more related to personal enmity with QT. I wonder if QT would get that same response from those guys if he wasn't a white guy. . .

I would be interested to hear the specific criticisms Lee is levying against him. Might google it one of these days. I personally didn't think Django was offensive at all. At least, no moreso than any other given QT film. So it focuses on slaves. So what? It doesn't glorify slave owners as great men and vilify slaves as subhumans or anything.

So apparently Lee didn't even see the film, which supports my idea that he's just full of **** and has some anti-QT agenda. Oh, well.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013...lee-django-unchained-criticism_n_2505894.html

Yea, that article says a lot; it's totally a bad blood thing with QT. Bad blood or not it's a very extreme measure to take to make a such a stink over a movie that he didn't even watch.

I'm sure he wouldn't want people to make assumptions about his films before they watch them and rally to get them globally banned. This movie, like all Tarintino movies, is the epidome of fantastic fiction. And on top of it all the slave is the hero for crying out loud!

MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN aren't legitimate news channels. They are entertainment meant to appeal to specific demographics by selling their spin on the news (I had to stay home a couple of weeks ago and the uninterrupted courtroom coverages of the stupid Zimmerman shooting made me ill). From that POV, I don't really have an issue with it. If the folks who watch that stuff can't tell that it's all agenda-driven BS then that's their problem as I see it.

Isn't ALL media a form of entertainment despite what guise it's under? That's one of the main messages that Natural Born Killers sends (our favorite movie :D :1-1:)

These reverends think very highly of themselves, have massive god complexes, usually have some mental issues and are usually massively under educated but will pass themselves off as intellectual.

How men such as these have as much sway as they do in America is beyond me.

Not all of them are undereducated types trying to sell themselves higher. There is one that is pure unadulterated genius. I can listen to him all day. Speak on Pastor Manning! :lecture

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLkokNuIojw[/ame]

Disclaimer: The PopCultKid does not share these views and opinions. He uses these clips solely for entertainment purposes and tends to nearly piss himself every time he hears the phrase "long legged mac-daddy"

:lol @ you guys. The film being reputedly racist or not, the complaint about the Neca figures - and by extension the Enterbay figures - was that, as toys, they might promote racist play in children.

Yea, and in 1988 Iron Maiden and Slayer made me worship the devil and kill my mom and GTA made me steal cars and be a reckless menace on the streets. Fkin' absurd

I'm not a layer either but I'll assume that the defense would only begin with the fact that all Neca products are labeled 18+.

If the argument was strictly that people had a problem with "capitalizing on slavery" then maybe I can see that angle. Or if some may feel that selling merch that depicts slavery is somehow celebrating it or downplaying it then maybe I can understand that point too. But understanding isn't agreeing. It's total hog wash that the plug got pulled on these. And not only did he want to drop the axe on the merch, but he wanted a worldwide ban of the film. Without even seeing it. GTFOH

Spike Lee has been the biggest advocate of destroying this movie from the get go. He thinks it's racist, and a white man shouldn't make a film like this. Ever. It's not his place.

And Al Sharpton is just a tool.

I would say Auf Wiedersehen to these figures, but I can't. So I guess I just have to say goodbye.

I hope that clip I posted isn't what you guys are talking about. I don't believe in his opinions but he has some hilarious rants and I just find some of his clips wildly funny. Sorry if you guys didn't; I didn't mean to offend anyone :peace

Back