Enterbay: Django Unchained

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is as insensitive as saying any entertainment material revolving world war II is bad because of the holocaust. I see what they're getting at but c'mon, you don't see the japanese and vietnamese say anything when guys were mowing them down with machine guns in Call of duty...and THAT, is much more visceral and vivid.

For what it's worth, I believe the boxes do say 17 and up... don't buy it for your kids if you think it's inappropriate.

This wouldn't effect EB's production anyways; these (EB) figs don't look like they're for kids... so no trivialization.

Well, these look great but come on--how can you get excited about putting a slave master on your shelf? The whole idea of it is ridiculous.

Well, these look great but come on--how can you get excited about putting a slave master on your shelf? The whole idea of it is ridiculous.

I can see what you are saying but all I see when I buy them is the performance was awesome, it looks amazing, and I love DiCaprio. One of my favorite characters and figures I own is Hans Landa who is a Nazi with the nickname "The Jew Hunter" which is messed up but I loved the performance which I think I focus more on.

so is the idea of doing a tv show starring a serial killer as the protagonist, mind you. or any movie milking the gratuitious violence / mass killing cow (expendables, rambo et al) -- batman, too (with all the villains).

the (admittedly custom made, thanks to the company's c&d action) dexter figure is among the most popular around here, if i'm not mistaken (i, too have the head sculpt).

Joker blew up a Hospital, killed a bunch of other people. Iron Man is an arms dealer responsible for thousands of deaths, the T1000 and T800 are cop killers, how come no one cares about them getting figures?

:vader < Uh this guy is biggest sold product on the market, no one cares that he let a million people die on Alderaan, cut his son's hand off and tried to get his son to join the dark side. They care about that he was a bad *** who force-choked and swung a lightsaber...

Villains are villains no matter how ya put it they still did bad ****. However if ya own a 1/6 Hitler and Patton. Lay Hitler on the ground with Patton's foot on top of his back looking Victorious I call that funny as ****.

Yeah nothing wrong with having a few villains on your shelf. IMO the real problem is having representations of actual real life villains such as Hitler or more recently actual serial killers. To me that's the bigger issue. When media promotes and makes money off of insane slaughter of humans, it's not only tacky and incredibly insensitive, but it promotes those behaviors as it's basically saying "the easiest way to become famous is through crime."

Yeah nothing wrong with having a few villains on your shelf. IMO the real problem is having representations of actual real life villains such as Hitler or more recently actual serial killers. To me that's the bigger issue. When media promotes and makes money off of insane slaughter of humans, it's not only tacky and incredibly insensitive, but it promotes those behaviors as it's basically saying "the easiest way to become famous is through crime."

Plenty of people have figures of Nazis - including Hitler - in their displays, and without any intent of glorification of Nazism. When the context is entirely historical I personally don't have a problem with it.

I have a big collection of historical figs at work where i teach inside 3 cabinets. ive had 2 Hitlers i purchased for display over the past 8 years, but sold them instead. I dont know, something about having him even as a fig in my room bothered the hell out of me, lol

djangoe.jpg

Back