Ebay winners not paying?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy way to fix that. When they answer and say, "Tang hue for cowling, my name ees Jake, how can i be helbing hue?" I always counter with, "Jake? So that's how we're going to start this customer service call? Really? You start off by lying to me about your name?" That usually starts them backpedaling and they generally are very apprehensive after that.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

If you go back and look I am sure you will find they are accounts with no feedback. Not sure what they hope to gain by doing this especially if its auction style unless they drive your price up so high that other will not bid so they can bid on theirs. I will have to agree with others, ebay fees are getting pretty bad.

Easy way to fix that. When they answer and say, "Tang hue for cowling, my name ees Jake, how can i be helbing hue?" I always counter with, "Jake? So that's how we're going to start this customer service call? Really? You start off by lying to me about your name?" That usually starts them backpedaling and they generally are very apprehensive after that.

They are polite no matter what you say. l heard a prank call of a guy calling the Xbox number. He ended up talking to a woman who was most likely American. He said he needed help because he teabagged his xbox tray and it closed and his balls were stuck in his Xbox. The woman was calm and tried to help as much as possible.The woman was saying, "l need the serial number on the back of your Xbox", the guy said "l cant turn my xbox around to look without tearing my balls off".

They are polite no matter what you say. l heard a prank call of a guy calling the Xbox number. He ended up talking to a woman who was most likely American. He said he needed help because he teabagged his xbox tray and it closed and his balls were stuck in his Xbox. The woman was calm and tried to help as much as possible.The woman was saying, "l need the serial number on the back of your Xbox", the guy said "l cant turn my xbox around to look without tearing my balls off".

Not necessarily true. I had an AOL CS rep threaten to bomb my house after I got tired of having him repeat his answers to my questions about 5-10 times and asked if there was someone there from Northern India whose accent was less thick. "I wheel bomb jor house! I don' car. I poot a duuuuur-ty bomb in joor car and blow up joo mooder_____kur!" I reported his name, time of the call etc. to both AOL and my buddy at the FBI who acquired his name real name, which wasn't "Daybeed" (David), the next day and added him to the Terrorist Watch List. :D

Not necessarily true. I had an AOL CS rep threaten to bomb my house after I got tired of having him repeat his answers to my questions about 5-10 times and asked if there was someone there from Northern India whose accent was less thick. "I wheel bomb jor house! I don' car. I poot a duuuuur-ty bomb in joor car and blow up joo mooder_____kur!" I reported his name, time of the call etc. to both AOL and my buddy at the FBI who acquired his name real name, which wasn't "Daybeed" (David), the next day and added him to the Terrorist Watch List. :D

:goodpost:

FBI actually took the time to add some AOL operator to the terror watch list because he threatend you. I guess he was stereotyped then. Middle eastern sounding, he threating to kill you, on the terror watch list he goes.:lol

I actually have an issue right now. I only ship within the US at the moment, and despite my listing clearing stating as such, I have an auction winner from another country. I politely emailed him saying I could not ship overseas right now, and to please cancel his bid. He ignored my message and just sent me an automated request for a shipping total.
I'm thinking of just canceling his bid myself and giving the next highest bidder (from the US) a second chance offer.

Is there an easier way to settle this? It's been a few days now, and I want this over with.

I actually have an issue right now. I only ship within the US at the moment, and despite my listing clearing stating as such, I have an auction winner from another country. I politely emailed him saying I could not ship overseas right now, and to please cancel his bid. He ignored my message and just sent me an automated request for a shipping total.
I'm thinking of just canceling his bid myself and giving the next highest bidder (from the US) a second chance offer.

Is there an easier way to settle this? It's been a few days now, and I want this over with.

You need to set your shipping restrictions so that people out of the country can't bid, and contact Ebay about it.

l see lots of Americans saying they only ship inside the country. If l am interested in the item l always email them asking if they will ship to Canada, most of them willl then ship to me, but l always ask first.

I had an overseas fella ask if I would ship to the UK and when I told him no he withdrew the bid. I know that doesn't help at all, but I really wish people would read and comprehend.

l see lots of Americans saying they only ship inside the country. If l am interested in the item l always email them asking if they will ship to Canada, most of them willl then ship to me, but l always ask first.

I'll ship to Canada. we are all in North America. ;)

FBI actually took the time to add some AOL operator to the terror watch list because he threatend you. I guess he was stereotyped then. Middle eastern sounding, he threating to kill you, on the terror watch list he goes.:lol

Middle Eastern sounding =/= thick Indian accent. Well, maybe to a racist, but he wasn't stereotyped either. It was the use of the term "dirty bomb" in December of 2001, which would potentially injure a hell of a lot more people than myself. :lol

Yeah, I don't ship to Canada cause shipping from NC to California is enough. That and I care not to deal with Customs.

But if the winner is paying for the shipping who cares how much it costs. And I've never had to deal with customs.. you take 20 seconds to fill out the form on paypal and its done. I have sent probably 30 things overseas and never had a problem (the one time I did have a problem was sending something to California) and have also found out that most of the time my stuff goes for a lot more when they bid.

But back on topic. I had a lady not pay for about a week then finally email me and say "I found this at K-Mart for cheaper so I can't buy yours." Gee thanks lady, instant non-paying bidder alert and block buyer list. And the fact that you can't leave a neg for them SUCKS because no way am I leaving a negativly worded positive.

You can also set your preferences where bidders with non payment strikes against them can't bid on your items.

I've had my share of non payers but my dad recently had one from a guy who won one of his auctions and his excuse for not paying was because he has cancer. Just like that. "I can't pay because I have cancer."

Didn't stop him from bidding did it?

But if the winner is paying for the shipping who cares how much it costs. And I've never had to deal with customs.. you take 20 seconds to fill out the form on paypal and its done. I have sent probably 30 things overseas and never had a problem (the one time I did have a problem was sending something to California) and have also found out that most of the time my stuff goes for a lot more when they bid.

But back on topic. I had a lady not pay for about a week then finally email me and say "I found this at K-Mart for cheaper so I can't buy yours." Gee thanks lady, instant non-paying bidder alert and block buyer list. And the fact that you can't leave a neg for them SUCKS because no way am I leaving a negativly worded positive.

Nice lady, hope she breaks her hip in a slip and fall in K-mart. She'll sue because she spilled whatever she slipped on though and be rich.

I've had my share of non payers but my dad recently had one from a guy who won one of his auctions and his excuse for not paying was because he has cancer. Just like that. "I can't pay because I have cancer."

Didn't stop him from bidding did it?

having cancer is no excuse.:lecture

Back