Ebay winners not paying?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing sellers need to do besides reporting deadbeats is to let ebay know how they feel and how serious they are about stopping selling on the site. Ebay does pay attention to that. It is how the buyers got so strong.

I have let them know that if things are not more evenly balanced between the buyers and the sellers by the year's end, that I will stop selling. But one guy saying it will only draw laughs.

Currently, I have sold two items (Ex Snake Eyes and Ex Storm Shadow) for 430.00 to someone who lives somewhere that the USPS will not insure a package to. We are currently trying to figure out if we are going to cancel the auctions or if the buyer is going to find a way to accept the risk (which ebay will absolutely NOT support).

Another thing sellers need to do besides reporting deadbeats is to let ebay know how they feel and how serious they are about stopping selling on the site. Ebay does pay attention to that. It is how the buyers got so strong.

I have let them know that if things are not more evenly balanced between the buyers and the sellers by the year's end, that I will stop selling. But one guy saying it will only draw laughs.

Currently, I have sold two items (Ex Snake Eyes and Ex Storm Shadow) for 430.00 to someone who lives somewhere that the USPS will not insure a package to. We are currently trying to figure out if we are going to cancel the auctions or if the buyer is going to find a way to accept the risk (which ebay will absolutely NOT support).

I applaud you. Like I said on another page, not only have I been reporting non-buyers in claims online, but I follow up with Ebay on the phone and give them a bit of grief over how they are so concerned about sellers ripping buyers off, but seem to forget the opposite happens too.

I did this repeatedly, to the point where ebay is embarrassed by it. Try and type "deadbeat bidders" into your auction description now and ebay won't let you post the auction, saying it's "unprofessional," etc., making you remove it (I just reworded it). Funny how they tell you it's unprofessional but do nothing to stop the behavior. I've had a deadbeat bidder get reported and his account canceled only to see similar behaviors out of a new bidder. This tells me that their 3-strike is effective in canceling an account, but they do nothing to prevent the deadbeats from creating new ones.

I did this repeatedly, to the point where ebay is embarrassed by it. Try and type "deadbeat bidders" into your auction description now and ebay won't let you post the auction, saying it's "unprofessional," etc., making you remove it (I just reworded it). Funny how they tell you it's unprofessional but do nothing to stop the behavior. I've had a deadbeat bidder get reported and his account canceled only to see similar behaviors out of a new bidder. This tells me that their 3-strike is effective in canceling an account, but they do nothing to prevent the deadbeats from creating new ones.

:goodpost:

True dat! And it is good to be reminded that others are making efforts in the same direction I am as it applies to protection for sellers and buyers. The more people that do it, the more Ebay will take notice.

But even if there is some success, it will take a hell of a lot of people. But I don't say it can not happen because it happened for the buyers.

I have had a few very...unpleasant...phone calls with Ebay reps lately.

More than one of them had the audacity to say "There would be no Ebay without buyers." I lost my patience at that point and I told them that it was a stupid comment, because there would be no ebay without sellers also. But sellers are the ones who pay ebay fees, not buyers, so there should not be a lopsidedness toward buyers. I told them that I am not asking for the rules to be lopsided toward sellers, but that the fact that sellers pay the fees should be taken into consideration in an attempt to balance the protection between buyers and sellers.

The second one that told me that got asked if Ebay has a class that teaches them stupid cookie-cutter answers. And if so, the reps should think more about them before they make fools of themselves by using them.

I figure 2 or 3 more calls like that and I will get banned anyway. They told me that the call was recorded and that my comments would be passed along. I think they were trying to get me to shut up. But they said it in a context that insinuated, without actually saying it, that there was some kind of QC that reviewed those calls to improve the site. Either way...I am OK with the calls being recorded and sent up the chain of...well...whatever they call their chain.

LOL...my wife was shocked at me as 99.9% of the time I am a very easy-going person. Even when I am passionate about something, I usually project my opinion in a friendly manner.

But the way Ebay completely disregards common sense while they bend the sellers over and then effectively laughs in the faces of the sellers offends me greatly.

True dat! And it is good to be reminded that others are making efforts in the same direction I am as it applies to protection for sellers and buyers. The more people that do it, the more Ebay will take notice.

But even if there is some success, it will take a hell of a lot of people. But I don't say it can not happen because it happened for the buyers.

I have had a few very...unpleasant...phone calls with Ebay reps lately.

More than one of them had the audacity to say "There would be no Ebay without buyers." I lost my patience at that point and I told them that it was a stupid comment, because there would be no ebay without sellers also. But sellers are the ones who pay ebay fees, not buyers, so there should not be a lopsidedness toward buyers. I told them that I am not asking for the rules to be lopsided toward sellers, but that the fact that sellers pay the fees should be taken into consideration in an attempt to balance the protection between buyers and sellers.

The second one that told me that got asked if Ebay has a class that teaches them stupid cookie-cutter answers. And if so, the reps should think more about them before they make fools of themselves by using them.

I figure 2 or 3 more calls like that and I will get banned anyway. They told me that the call was recorded and that my comments would be passed along. I think they were trying to get me to shut up. But they said it in a context that insinuated, without actually saying it, that there was some kind of QC that reviewed those calls to improve the site. Either way...I am OK with the calls being recorded and sent up the chain of...well...whatever they call their chain.

LOL...my wife was shocked at me as 99.9% of the time I am a very easy-going person. Even when I am passionate about something, I usually project my opinion in a friendly manner.

But the way Ebay completely disregards common sense while they bend the sellers over and then effectively laughs in the faces of the sellers offends me greatly.

My wife HEARS me from downstairs when I am on the phone with Ebay and I am normally quiet and easy-going except for some occasions. I find it remarkable they said that to you...as most sellers ARE buyers too at some point. The only time they can hang up or take action is if you flat out use profanity. Their threats are idle and unprofessional. I know everyone doesn't speak English as their first language and I have foreign speaking friends, but when a business like Ebay hires people with such heavy foreign accents and no comprehension of English dialogue (that was my morning yesterday) I feel doubly insulted. The rep was getting testy as she was MISSING the point due to a language gap. The next rep I got spoke perfect English and I told them about my earlier experience and he actually agreed and laughed. (Wonder if that was recorded?) :dunno

My wife HEARS me from downstairs when I am on the phone with Ebay and I am normally quiet and easy-going except for some occasions. I find it remarkable they said that to you...as most sellers ARE buyers too at some point. The only time they can hang up or take action is if you flat out use profanity. Their threats are idle and unprofessional. I know everyone doesn't speak English as their first language and I have foreign speaking friends, but when a business like Ebay hires people with such heavy foreign accents and no comprehension of English dialogue (that was my morning yesterday) I feel doubly insulted. The rep was getting testy as she was MISSING the point due to a language gap. The next rep I got spoke perfect English and I told them about my earlier experience and he actually agreed and laughed. (Wonder if that was recorded?) :dunno

You gotta understand that ebay reps read computer prompts, so you can always expect them to get lost at some point and repeat themselves umpteen times. Unfortunately the language barrier is part of outsourcing. Put the person with the thickest accent on the call boards so they can improve. Once they improve, they're made a supervisor and an equally thick accented person replaces them.

You gotta understand that ebay reps read computer prompts, so you can always expect them to get lost at some point and repeat themselves umpteen times. Unfortunately the language barrier is part of outsourcing. Put the person with the thickest accent on the call boards so they can improve. Once they improve, they're made a supervisor and an equally thick accented person replaces them.

"Supervisor is genius! Transfer!"

"Transfer!"

"Transfer!"

"Transfer!"

all you have to do is make a new email account

Then I got the one American on the call board. Should have played the lotto yesterday! :slap

Then I got the one American on the call board. Should have played the lotto yesterday! :slap

The only time I ever got one, he was a ____ing ******. :lol They froze my account because they had an old card on file and the address wasn't matching with my new address. When I gave them the new card, he ran the number but forgot to check the address. So he ran it two more times, like an idiot, to see if it would go through, meanwhile I'm telling him he needs to update the address first. Needless to say, once he got all the info right, it wouldn't bill because the CC company had stopped the card for suspected fraud from said idiot's repeated attempts. I think their hiring requirement is an IQ no higher and no lower than 78. So glad Whitman wasn't voted Governor. She kept bragging about running ebaY to where it is now so who knows where California would be then. :monkey1

Talking to Microsoft people over the phone was a nighmare for me a couple times about my Xbox account, or calling those help lines when you have computer problems. They are in India or something, very hard to understand, especially when you are already mad. It can be a big headache.

All my auctions require immediate payment or else they can't bid.
I hate chasing people for money. Fixed priced sales work for me.

We had a fairly large (for us) sale of an item for 160$.. to a new bidder who bid with 0 feedback in the last 3 seconds of the auction. Fair enough. He wanted to pay with "Money Pak" and acknowledged that this was an unheard of method of payment.. but if I worked with him.. he would pay me extra.

Meh. Offered it to the next highest bidder.. but they ended up finding the same item cheaper. Tell the original bidder that its against the rules. He comes up with a fakakta story about needing time to replenish his paypal account before he can pay me. He also wanted it shipped to another address.

Figuring Id skip the part where I send my item.. he gets it.. claims he didnt.. and I lose my money/the item, I had ebay cancel the auction.. and get me back my final value fee.

All great, except this guy gives me my first (after 600) negative feedback. Ebay (even though they gave me back the final value fee) wont remove the feedback. They read through our email history.. acknowledged the sketchy against policy payment offer.. but said that he did offer to pay with paypal after that.

Happen to anyone else? Apparently there is a loophole that if his contact information/phone number is bogus, ebay will remove any negatives given by said bidders.

It is sad that eBay caters to buyers when they make all their money from sellers, three times at that. They charge sellers when they post their auctions, they charge them again when it sells and they charge them again when they receive the money.

I had an experience with a particular buyer and I was extremely disappointed to see that eBay didn't side with me in any way.

I had a camera for sale, I posted very explicit detailed description of the camera and the features. There were 3 minutes left for the end of the auction and the camera was at $250 I was watching the auction, about three seconds before it ended it jumped to $280. Obviously I was so happy, waiting for the money. Instead I received a message from the buyer asking me if the camera had touchscreen. I politely told her no, it doesn't, it didn't say in the description that it did. She turned around and told me: "Then offer it to the second highest bidder because I don't want it."

WTF!!! I told her that is not how eBay works, you bid on it you should pay, you should have read the description. I started reading her feedback and I saw a couple from back in the days when sellers were allowed to leave negative feedback accusing her of doing the same. I told her she should pay or I will contact eBay. What does she do? Immediately leaves me negative feedback accusing me of being a liar and a terrorist because I threatened her.

I contacted eBay to get my feedback removed and they wouldn't even though I proved to them that she did not pay, that she has the habit of doing that and they wouldn't budge.

I even tried using the "offensive" card saying that it offends me to be called a terrorist and their guidelines state that any offensive feedback will be removed. They told me that their legal department does not consider the word terrorist to be offensive.

To make an already long story short, here I am, with an unjust negative feedback and no payment. Yes eBay reimbursed my Final Value Fee charge, yes they claimed they gave her a strike but what good does that do to my feedback?

I see eBay as a sometimes necessary evil, you could buy things that you might not be able to find in another medium and you could sell things that you might not be able to sell in another medium.

I really wish that a new company gives them some serious competition. The monopoly they have with eBay and Paypal must end. Unfortunately many have tried unsuccessfully.

Luis

Talking to Microsoft people over the phone was a nighmare for me a couple times about my Xbox account, or calling those help lines when you have computer problems. They are in India or something, very hard to understand, especially when you are already mad. It can be a big headache.

Their accent doesn't bother me as much as their fake, forced, excessive, unreal, scripted politeness. No one talks that way in real life.

Luis

Their accent doesn't bother me as much as their fake, forced, excessive, unreal, scripted politeness. No one talks that way in real life.

Luis

Easy way to fix that. When they answer and say, "Tang hue for cowling, my name ees Jake, how can i be helbing hue?" I always counter with, "Jake? So that's how we're going to start this customer service call? Really? You start off by lying to me about your name?" That usually starts them backpedaling and they generally are very apprehensive after that.

Easy way to fix that. When they answer and say, "Tang hue for cowling, my name ees Jake, how can i be helbing hue?" I always counter with, "Jake? So that's how we're going to start this customer service call? Really? You start off by lying to me about your name?" That usually starts them backpedaling and they generally are very apprehensive after that.

Ha, ha! I will definitely try that.

Luis

HeHe...throwing curve balls to start the conversation is actually a lot of fun as well.

Back