Ebay winners not paying?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is why for hobby items, I only sell in the forums that I'm a member of.. I only sell non-hobby items (fragrances, gadgets, other household stuff that can go) on eBay nowadays. :clap

Just had two auctions end...crossing fingers I see paypal notifications today or tomorrow...

This has happened to me twice in the past two months. No contact from the buyer (I even state they buyer has three days to pay in my auction). I give them a few extra days and contact them. I get a message back saying sorry I already have this.

Then why the hell did you bid?

This has happened to me twice in the past two months. No contact from the buyer (I even state they buyer has three days to pay in my auction). I give them a few extra days and contact them. I get a message back saying sorry I already have this.

Exactly! :slap Ix-nay on the Oopid-stay

It's extremely frustrating because I am needing the money at the time of the sale. I don't really have another week to list the item and wait again. Don't go on Ebay and bid on stuff and then not pay. A few of these winners even have little to no feedback yet. It's very disappointing that Ebay/Paypal can't just take the money from their account and pay. Putting an unpaid mark on their account that does nothing and isn't even seen is ridiculous!

I don't think I could type what I'd say to them.

It's extremely frustrating because I am needing the money at the time of the sale. I don't really have another week to list the item and wait again. Don't go on Ebay and bid on stuff and then not pay. A few of these winners even have little to no feedback yet. It's very disappointing that Ebay/Paypal can't just take the money from their account and pay. Putting an unpaid mark on their account that does nothing and isn't even seen is ridiculous!

Yeah, I've had 2 in the 6 months I've been doing this have 0 feedback and one was so suspicious Ebay cancelled the auction and alerted me. Thanks Ebay, I guess. BUT, I had the setting checked, which Ebay recommends that filters out O feedback buyers. Go figure.

eBay is really siding with the buyer almost all of the time. Not much we can do about eBay's direction. :gah:

eBay is really siding with the buyer almost all of the time. Not much we can do about eBay's direction. :gah:

Particularly on the phone. Their reps are constantly saying things like, well, the reason you have 90 days of limited listings is to protect the buyers. I said, well great. I establish a good rapore with Buyer A who likes the games I am selling and prices I have them and then I disappear for a month until I can list again. I also mentioned that what is up with their premium sellers, some of which are listing stuff that is not available or is questionable and nothing is done. Silence on the phone...while the look at their response card.

How many of you are actually reporting these deadbeats? I've found that it seems like for every 10 sellers who whine about them only 1 actually reports them. :monkey1

How many of you are actually reporting these deadbeats? I've found that it seems like for every 10 sellers who whine about them only 1 actually reports them. :monkey1

Sgt., I've reported everyone one of them twice...online and on the phone.

I only deviate from my protocols if there is good communication. I only just started up again doing Ebay 6 months ago after a break and I see that sellers are getting more of the shaft. I had one guy who won and emailed me and said, his son bid on an item and thought it was for PS3, but it was for PS2, when I clearly stated. PS2 VERSION, BUT MAY BE PLAYABLE ON SOME BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE PS3's.

If people communicate well with me I'm happy to give them more time. I may have to start implimenting the payment required w/in 5 days. I've been giving it up to 10 days, but that just gets ridiculous. Anyone who is going to pay will have usually done so w/in the first 3 or 4 days.

Well, one of my 2 winning bidders just paid, same day. I'm used to payment within 48hrs, unless a weekend comes into play or if people are out of town, given it is the summer.

I think if the bidder reaches 3 Unpaid Item Strikes, his eBay account will be closed automatically.

It's difficult to get unpaid item strikes on ebay if you don't pay. If l bought something before on ebay l would have no choice but to pay or l would get negative feedback. Now that you dont get negative feedback, l will admit l have bought several things from ebay and ended up not paying. If you don't contact the seller and say you cant pay then the transaction will just be canceled for the most part, but if you ignore the selller and ebay emails then you will get a strike, but those are easy to avoid with a simple excuse. l have only done this a few times out of a couple hundred transactions.

so, many people on a regular basis can not pay for items and not get unpaid strikes.

If people communicate well with me I'm happy to give them more time. I may have to start implimenting the payment required w/in 5 days. I've been giving it up to 10 days, but that just gets ridiculous. Anyone who is going to pay will have usually done so w/in the first 3 or 4 days.

I tried working with the payment thing, but some dude wanted to pay me $50 a month for a $600 figure like ebay is K-Mart and offers some ____ing layaway program or something. :lol

My policy now is, if you can't pay when the auction's over, don't bother bidding or you get reported. Exceptions only turn around and bite you in the ass after the fact.

I tried working with the payment thing, but some dude wanted to pay me $50 a month for a $600 figure like ebay is K-Mart and offers some ____ing layaway program or something. :lol

My policy now is, if you can't pay when the auction's over, don't bother bidding or you get reported. Exceptions only turn around and bite you in the ass after the fact.

I should have clarified, I'm flexible to a point... like maybe 2 weeks total. No layaway plans though; 12 months of payments is pretty crazy :lol

Back