Ebay winners not paying?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they dont just take it off the top? obviously ive never sold anything on ebay lol

No - how it seems it works is you get paid for the full amount (price + shipping), then get a monthly invoice of all the fees.

You can also pay off your account whenever you want, which I tend to do, just to get it over with.

That, and no fees.

It's always a lot of fun when you sell a few things off, and are all happy, then eBay tells you "LOL now send us $60."

Yeah, but board members usually want to low-ball offers knowing the fees won't be taken out.

Nothing better than a PM that says "I know you're asking $500, but how about $275?" :rotfl

I'm dealing with a real d-bag buyer right now. I was selling some figures, and gave buyers an option of loose or packaged. Buyer paid for them loose, so I opened the packages and shipped them that way. Buyer got these and immediately demands a full refund, because they were opened. I explain that my auction description was clear, and that they paid for loose, but that I will happily refund the purchase price minus shipping to them, or even ship the empty boxes for the cost of shipping (these are resealable). Buyer essentially says, "No, that doesn't mean they're new. Refund me now."

I just responded that I never said they were new in the auction (I left the new/used status blank), and both of my previous offers still stand.

I am fighting this now out of principle because the buyer is a moron who didn't read the auction description, and I surely don't see why I should have to eat my shipping cost to them for that. But I can only see it ending in a negative feedback for me. And for a $20 item, no less. Oh, well. ____ it.

Yeah, but board members usually want to low-ball offers knowing the fees won't be taken out.

Nothing better than a PM that says "I know you're asking $500, but how about $275?" :rotfl

Yeah, but I'll usually just let them know the board seller math. "Yes, I'm listing it for $200. But if I put it on eBay, I'd list it for $250."

Or just ignore them, depending on how bad the offer is.

I'm dealing with a real d-bag buyer right now. I was selling some figures, and gave buyers an option of loose or packaged. Buyer paid for them loose, so I opened the packages and shipped them that way. Buyer got these and immediately demands a full refund, because they were opened. I explain that my auction description was clear, and that they paid for loose, but that I will happily refund the purchase price minus shipping to them, or even ship the empty boxes for the cost of shipping (these are resealable). Buyer essentially says, "No, that doesn't mean they're new. Refund me now."

I just responded that I never said they were new in the auction (I left the new/used status blank), and both of my previous offers still stand.

I am fighting this now out of principle because the buyer is a moron who didn't read the auction description, and I surely don't see why I should have to eat my shipping cost to them for that. But I can only see it ending in a negative feedback for me. And for a $20 item, no less. Oh, well. ____ it.

I very dislike ignorant people. Even if it is a fairly cheap item, I would still fight. These people cannot get away with it.

On my item, I filed non paying bidder. He paid almost immediately. When he received it, he left me positive feedback. I was shocked. I left him positive, but didn't say anything about him being a good buyer. Just to enjoy his item.

got one at the moment. not impressed. this money can be helping out quite a bit. and am not even getting any responses from him. garrgh :gah:

I just had the first chargeback made against me, for an item I shipped using Paypal to print the shipping label, with signature confirmation and insurance. Tracking info. shows that the guy never picked up his package from the post office after a notice was left. Reason for the claim is "unauthorized payment," even though it was using the guy's eBay account, Paypal account, and address (they all have his name included in the IDs). Yay.

The buyer will almost always win if they know what they are doing...period...seen it time and time again!....File a claim for non payment, they pay and when they get the item they make complaint...They switch their broken item for your good one that you sent filing a paypal claim...file a claim of this asking for a partial refund(customs fees,etc)....As a seller you cant win if the buyer is smart...as for non payment I just cancel the transaction...negative feedback for cancelling transaction..oh well...It's tough

Back