eBay Buyer Protection case about to expire, what to do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabagaZt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello!
Last month I bought an 1:1 Endoarm from Secret Compass on eBay and I will say they have a reputation for being trustworthy. Anyway, the endoarm arrived damaged and I had to send it back for a replacement, and the replacement is on its way at the moment. The problem is that the case on eBay will expire before I will get the replacement, so I'm not quite sure what to do. The case will be closed on April 7th, and the replacement havent reached my country yet.

Now, I've been assured on email that even if the case expire, and I receive another broken item, I will still be refunded.
"YES we will take care of this with or without an ebay case, with or without a paypal case. You get the same warranties and guarantees through us as Authorized HCG Dealers with the best reputation you can find online. You get the same customer service as a collector that pays cash, with no ebay or paypal protection."

I'm just a bit worried since this is 800$ on the line, but at the same time I do not think there is much to worry about since its Secret Compass. I'm not sure what happens if I take further action with the case on eBay, I dont want to cause any trouble for the seller or anything like that. What do you think I should do?

I would just like to add that Secret Compass has done nothing wrong in the process so far, they have been very easy to communicate with and all that stuff. So please dont take this post as a criticism of their shop :)

Always protect yourself. You can always drop the case, after you get the replacement. You can also send an email to the dealer and tell them you will file a case and drop it, once the replacement arrives in satisfactory condition. Not worth gambling in my opinion. Good luck.

Thank you for your replies! Is a dispute when I take further action with the case?

Never dealt with this kind of problem before on eBay, so I'm not sure what happens next.

Once you open a dispute PayPal will be aware of the situation. As DA said the case is very easily closed once you are satisfied.
If you leave it too long there will be no comeback for protection against any problems you may encounter.

I'm not 100% sure if PayPal suspend their account when a dispute is in progress which could cause them a lot of problems.
Contact them and make them aware of your actions and the reason. Let them know you are worried about what is a large amount of your money.

You always MUST OPEN a case, myself and many others have not had the opportunity to received this valuable information beforehand. Tell the seller you are opening a case to protect both parties.

Sent from my GT-P3113

Do I choose "Escalate this case to eBay Customer Support for a final decision if you are not satisfied." to make the dispute?

Hmm, not sure where I find that. This is what the window looks like, not sure what I'm missing :S

Edit: Sorry that the picture is so small. No idea why that happened.

Attachments

• eBay T2.jpg
    eBay T2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back