DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
got word today my batman dx will be on its way tomorrow ! its the second batch so hopefully no problems with them. I think its bad that hot toys have not addressed this problem sooner or at least provided alternate bodies for the ones with residue problems. they provided replacement heads for the first batch of john connors so surely new bodies or just the armor wouldnt be as much :slap

It has been now been two weeks with no reply from Hot Toys! Looks like you can add me with the same problems in trying to contact them. I have a feeling they are ignoring my email :(

Honestly, this is such BS from Hot Toys. Glad I decided to wait it out to save some money and not give in to temptation. :p

so you're getting a replacement? I really don't get how HT is choosing now who gets a replacement. would it be possible to show us your pics? just to see how bad your leaking is

Dude if it's any consolation to ya I've been trying to get a replacement for months. My bats was leaking straight out of the box when I got it from Toys2. My earliest email to Hot Toys goes back to Feburary 19th. I was first told to wipe several times. Then it was send it in for a replacement that had minor leaking but not enough to distact me from my enjoyment of the figure. Yeah right!!! I just kept refusing her saying that I paid too much and I wanted a leak free figure. So that went on for awhile till my latest email reply 2 weeks ago. She told me the problem was fixed and it was now ok to send in for a leak free replacement. So I did.

so here we go. Looks liek someone posted on FB about their leaky batboy .. let's see if there is going to be a pissing contest

and looks like they didn't like some of the meaner messages and deleted them and hey HT responding!!!!
"If there is any problem, please contact our Customer Services Department at [email protected]."

Actually the messages were not mean in nature but rather agreeing to HT not providing replies or even rejecting the replacement request now that really shows how unethical HT now is!! Now I can't lie and sya they are not replacing mine but now is the time to voice your opion!

OK I just posted my message and let's see if they delete this one:
"Now HotToys why would you delete messages that were not vulgar in nature but simply in agreeance with the poster that they got no reply or rejected by your CS when requesting replacement? I am dissapointed that you now resort to these tactics. I suspect this post will also be deleted. This is an open forum and none of these posts are violating FB rules but your own face/reputation. I aplore you to do whats right before this gets any worse"

Last edited:
so here we go. Looks liek someone posted on FB about their leaky batboy .. let's see if there is going to be a pissing contest

It was actually me :D I've used a friends account, because I don't have one and I don't want to have one ^^
He wanted to delete it and I thought 'hey wait, I have to say something to Hot Toys'

And great that this is going to be more on public now. hope everyone joins the debate. maybe in this way, HT will consider on replacing again the bodies.

Last edited:
Is there no way I can attach photos to my post on Facebook?

...and this site is dog slow currently because one of the affiliate banners/links are timing out.

Last edited:
I've just looked under the upper-suit, and it looks horrible

dxd.png

dxd3.png

dxd4.png

dxd5.png

Thrust don't give up. My hopes have kindled a little how they responded to me on Facebook.

"Hot Toys
Please resend your enquiry to our Customer Services Department at [email protected]."

I've now sent them a 3rd email with all the details and info they need again. Waiting for my first response via email. *me prays*

thanks mate, and good luck to you. their response really makes hope that they are willing now to replace it. i've mailed them too, but i don't know if i should post those pics also on facebook like you did

I really had no choice though. I held off as well but now that other people started speaking out. I just had to. It was the only way to get their attention in a calm polite way. You should really do it as well because we have been kept in the dark, emailing and emailing with no responses or getting refused. Those photos are as badly damaged as mine.

You have to be getting a replacement from them now. That damage is proof.

Seen this from the other thread.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9WUsfru2ra4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9WUsfru2ra4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
and looks like they didn't like some of the meaner messages and deleted them and hey HT responding!!!!
"If there is any problem, please contact our Customer Services Department at [email protected]."

Actually the messages were not mean in nature but rather agreeing to HT not providing replies or even rejecting the replacement request now that really shows how unethical HT now is!! Now I can't lie and sya they are not replacing mine but now is the time to voice your opion!

OK I just posted my message and let's see if they delete this one:
"Now HotToys why would you delete messages that were not vulgar in nature but simply in agreeance with the poster that they got no reply or rejected by your CS when requesting replacement? I am dissapointed that you now resort to these tactics. I suspect this post will also be deleted. This is an open forum and none of these posts are violating FB rules but your own face/reputation. I aplore you to do whats right before this gets any worse"

Backed you up bro. Added my 2 cents also. Here's what I posted:

"Geez. This is terrible. This isn't like the Hot Toys we used to know that cared and respected its buyers and collectors. I appreciate that you guys always try to make the best 1:6 collectibles for us but for people that pay all that money for a figure, please do the right thing and take care of their issues. Having someone wait for weeks for a response or having them turned down for a replacement when they didn't do anything wrong is unethical and just not right."

Let's see how long both of our posts will last. Someone should start a new Facebook page about the DX Batman issue. Gather more members and it will get their attention. Complaining on their own page and they will just over look it or delete it. That's really really rotten.

Ok success. I've been granted approval by Hot Toys to send my two bodies back to Hot Toys HQ!

I'll need to start stripping all the accessories parts off the bodies.

Ok success. I've been granted approval by Hot Toys to send my two bodies back to Hot Toys HQ!

I'll need to start stripping all the accessories parts off the bodies.

Wohoooo congrats buddy :) So it was the right way that i posted the claim this morning. Hope they will get back to me too

Good to hear. Hopefully now you can enjoy this figure without all the quality control problems and headache that went with it.

So has anybody else actually been told they cant get a replacement from Hot Toys? I know some of you have had emails ignored but has anyone actually had a response saying they're not gonna issue you a replacement? Or is it just me?

HT forced our hands so we have been nice enough already. Even now we are still nice enough. Hope this will work out for everyone now. At least they re responding on FB about this again. Well and they did not delete my comment or seemingly and other post. Here is to HT earning our trust back slowly

So has anybody else actually been told they cant get a replacement from Hot Toys? I know some of you have had emails ignored but has anyone actually had a response saying they're not gonna issue you a replacement? Or is it just me?

I'll see if HT response this time; just drop them an email. :impatient:

Backed you up bro. Added my 2 cents also. Here's what I posted:

"Geez. This is terrible. This isn't like the Hot Toys we used to know that cared and respected its buyers and collectors. I appreciate that you guys always try to make the best 1:6 collectibles for us but for people that pay all that money for a figure, please do the right thing and take care of their issues. Having someone wait for weeks for a response or having them turned down for a replacement when they didn't do anything wrong is unethical and just not right."

Let's see how long both of our posts will last. Someone should start a new Facebook page about the DX Batman issue. Gather more members and it will get their attention. Complaining on their own page and they will just over look it or delete it. That's really really rotten.

Thanks bro. Let's see where this will take us

Back