DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Just got an email from Hot Toys with a tracking number. My replacement body is on the way I think. I'll keep everyone updated when it gets here.

I had this problem as well; this was suppose to be a DX figure which should adhere to better quality control :slap And this is my DX Batman...

Shiny belly...exclusive detailing from HT?

Seem like oil blotters doesn't help stop the leak as well.

I seriously hope Hot Toys lose a $h!t load of money and customers from this. And then hopefully another company can pick up the licenses and do a much better job. To sell something with a clear production fault and then refuse to replace them, meaning people have just forked out a few hundred on something that will just self destruct, is absolutely appalling.

I'm beginning to think thats why Hot Toys wont respond to mine.

Even though I have shiny glistening wrinkled bubbled biceps when it's not wrapped in kleenex my abdominal plates were nowhere near the state of, TDK2301's.

Where have these people been hiding?

TDK2301's is swimming in it. It's nearly running like water. I really feel for the fella.

I actually think some people are stressing about this too much.

Since the problem is oil, would it work to hand wash the whole figure in warm, soapy water? I'm hoping there aren't metal or wire parts in the torso.

I actually think some newbs don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about and offer irrelevant advice because they're too lazy to read back 5-10 pages. :huh

Even though I have shiny glistening wrinkled bubbled biceps when it's not wrapped in kleenex my abdominal plates were nowhere near the state of, TDK2301's.

TDK2301's is swimming in it. It's nearly running like water. I really feel for the fella.

That's how bad mine was out of the box. Makes me wonder how badly the HK ebay retailers are taking the hit, or if it's happening to most buyers, post return deadlines and positive feedback and the retailers are just ignoring replies.

Why is it mostly concentrated in the abs area? Is there a seam there that can be plugged up somehow? Has there been any leaking in the legs?

Yup. Pissed me off. At first I thought it was condensation but of course the texture is definitely oil. And after wiping it looked like that in less than a week.

Thats good then as in that now throws anything to do with heat right out the window what MaulFan and Darklord Dave thought.

It proves it's a chemical reaction between the rubbers and/or adhesives and nothing to do with temperatures. Liquid will always find the easiest route to take. I just wish the person that cut up his suit for replacement was here to strip it apart to see what's in behind the 2 lower ab plates. As well as to find out whats going on with the bicep plates.

Typical though most of these people hightailed it.

Has there been any leaking in the legs?

None, it's all the upper areas where rubber is on top of rubber touching each other. Or plastic touching rubber with the infected areas.

Thats good then as in that now throws anything to do with heat right out the window what MaulFan and Darklord Dave thought.

It proves it's a chemical reaction between the rubbers and/or adhesives and nothing to do with temperatures. Liquid will always find the easiest route to take. I just wish the person that cut up his suit for replacement was here to strip it apart to see what's in behind the 2 lower ab plates. As well as to find out whats going on with the bicep plates.

Typical though most of these people hightailed it.

That's just it. After reading up on how the new suits were made, I don't think it's even a chemical reaction, but moreso a breakdown of the materials due to a failed curing process. So these guys are literally decomposing. Don't want to sound like Yoda here but bear with me. Not wiping it leads to oversaturation and damages the suit over time. Wiping it leads to raisining which leads to the suit becoming dried out which leads to it being considerably more prone to cracking and tearing over time. So anybody who owns a DX from the initial run will eventually have a ruined DX02 figure.

Thanks, vodoun. I'm sorry; I gave up trying after a month with no reply from HT. It's been more than 3 months and the problem is still there. :dunno

That's just it. After reading up on how the new suits were made, I don't think it's even a chemical reaction, but moreso a breakdown of the materials due to a failed curing process. So these guys are literally decomposing. Don't want to sound like Yoda here but bear with me. Not wiping it leads to oversaturation and damages the suit over time. Wiping it eventually dries out the suit making it considerably more prone to cracking and tearing over time. So anybody who owns a DX from the initial run will eventually have a ruined DX02 figure.

Yeah, the goodness is coming out of the rubber to the surface. Some of my watch straps done that once. Once it stopped the rubber was brittle. No more preservatives to keep the rubber pliable. As you said it's decomposing. A slow process.

Thanks, vodoun. I'm sorry; I gave up trying after a month with no reply from HT. It's been more than 3 months and the problem is still there. :dunno

You are in the same time frame as me then. It's just over 3 months I've had mine. I'm going to try my dealer tonight to see what they say. Hot Toys is doing jack s][!t for me. Have you tried your dealer?

You are in the same time frame as me then. It's just over 3 months I've had mine. I'm going to try my dealer tonight to see what they say. Hot Toys is doing jack s][!t for me. Have you tried your dealer?

I did and the replacement didn't happen. I hope people here will better appreciate the issue and fustration we are in.

Im sure they will. I think everyone in this situation knows that immense frustration and disappointment about whats happened and Hot Toys refusal to deal with the situation. I contacted the seller first and they said to go through Hot Toys. Lot of good that did. If it wasnt for the new Gort Predator i'd be giving up on them. As it is i might just give up on them after that. I just dont wanna give them any of my money on principle.

maybe I will update my first post to reflect all the latest findings etc. I think Vodoun just summerized it few days ago in this or the main DX02 thread..

I
That's how bad mine was out of the box. Makes me wonder how badly the HK ebay retailers are taking the hit, or if it's happening to most buyers, post return deadlines and positive feedback and the retailers are just ignoring replies.

Mine was like that too. Straight out of the box.
:exactly:

Back