DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
got word today my batman dx will be on its way tomorrow ! its the second batch so hopefully no problems with them. I think its bad that hot toys have not addressed this problem sooner or at least provided alternate bodies for the ones with residue problems. they provided replacement heads for the first batch of john connors so surely new bodies or just the armor wouldnt be as much :slap

Did you ordered from the second batch? Well I am sure almost 100% that your Batman will be leak. I never heard about a Batman from this batch which has no leakage problem.

Jesus Thrustmaster your batman looks horrible...:( Good luck and to everyone...I hope somehow your Batmen will be replaced....HT is just really shoot themselves in they the balls.

I've just looked under the upper-suit, and it looks horrible

dxd.png

dxd3.png

dxd4.png

dxd5.png

Dude that's exactly how mines looked before I shipped it out. They can't ignore that. You'll probably have a reply by tomm morn. Good luck!

Does anyone have an explanation as to "why" this is happening?
I just received mine yesterday and have my fingers crossed that my figure is one of the new, leak-free models.

several ppl did and no go as leaking will eventually come through and if not I am sure the residue will find other ways to surface or may just corrode the rubber.
The most plausible reason seems to be either the bonding agent they used to glue the different rubber pieces together or that curing was not allowed to complete fully. HT could not resolve it but to change the material and we have been at it for months so best is to just get a replacement the moment you see signs of it. don;t wipe it and just let it get bad enough to maximize your chances for returns. As in several cases already the residue will eventually corrode/melt the rubber so no sense in trying to ignore it or accept it unless you don;t mind having a hole in your figure eventually.
Did I mention that I hope the naysayers will keep their flawed DX02 to proof a point only to eventually have to throw theirs out? hmm I think I did already

I never checked the new policy on HT website directly myself but mainly read it through here. Did they amend their policies again as it seems to include e.g. no after sales service for purchases from eBay
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=pages&page_id=cservice

WOW, and yet another venue of their customers gets ____ed! :lol Hear that guys? No more buying from the Hong Kong dealers on ebay. Way to cripple a crucial leg of your international customer base, you dumb____s. :duh:duh:duh

WOW Geil. That is a real kick in the teeth from Hot Toys. They must be reeling from the hit with the super faulty DX Batmans. Just imagine how many they've sold and how many they're had to replace. They're trying to minimize as much damage from this release as possible I bet. This is a real crappy move on their part.

Gotta love how HT are being complete cowards about this, never addressed it, and yet are changing all their policies so their customers are gonna get screwed the next time they get a defective figure.

Absolutely disgusting business practices. Just unreal.

Now I can hope again, that they will replace it. They have asked me at Facebook to resend them the enquiery just like vodoun. The only thing is, that I've already sent the enquiery yesterday :D

Now I'm curious what they will tell me about it.

I never checked the new policy on HT website directly myself but mainly read it through here. Did they amend their policies again as it seems to include e.g. no after sales service for purchases from eBay
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=pages&page_id=cservice

Very interesting that they are metioning ebay. All my figures are from ebay and they replaced my John Connor head for me and the DX batman body. John Connor was outisde the 30 day policy too.

good luck man!:pray:

thanks alot mate :)

and as for the ebay-thing. I think I'm remembering that I've read this some time ago, so I think it's not new at all. They also have helped me out with the John Connor figure.

And strange now, I've got at Facebook a private message from 'Emily Leung' who works at Hot Toys. She asked me to send the enquiery AGAIN or just give them my mail-adress. So maybe I got accidently on their 'ignore box' and they're trying to search my mail out :D

Back