DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Out of curiosity, Geil. Have you checked further up with a torch to see if there's any damage further up or if it's just happening at the lower part?

Still no word back from Hot Toys, Geil?

Out of curiosity, Geil. Have you checked further up with a torch to see if there's any damage further up or if it's just happening at the lower part?

Still no word back from Hot Toys, Geil?

OK I bend our batboy's back further and the melting is going up a bit further in as well. Looks like areas that were touching/in contact. I can also see a bit of shine on the backside of the abplates.
As for repalcement HT has not contacted me directly since but Eric from Toys2 has gotton me confirmation that I will get a replacement from HT. I will be going to HK and mail in the package to HT head office then (to save on shipping cost) and they will send the replacement to Toys2. I am glad that I did get it through him as usual and he did come through for me. I did not even show this pictures to HT yet.
seriousely though sad but truly let the batboy deteriorate to a point when it simply cannot be rejected

OK another reminder do not let the residue touch the plastic parts for too long either as it will soak it in as well and change the tone of the color.
tdkoily3.jpg

But like I said if you are looking to get a replacement let it rott
Oh and siquisiri the abs were the first part that ppl noticed the residue on, the bicept part was only identified afterwards and mostly ignored by everyone.

So will the new DX batman's that are just hitting the states have this problem? Has Hot toys addressed it formally yet?

I want to get a batman for my collection, but not with all this headache that seems to come along with it.

Yes the replacement/DCD version uses a hardplastic for the abs and also a harder rubber for the bicept plates. I also have residue coming from the sideribplates on my leaky version but the new one has shown nothing yet. Let's hope for HT it stays that way.

is this melting enough for hot toys to replace finally my bats? man i don't want to look in a year at my batman with the hole in his stomach-area :monkey4

Its obvious that HT identified the problems and fixed them for the DCD release. That they havent recalled the early releases and replaced them with new versions shows their lack of respect they have for the customers and their lack of business ethic.
They can go to HELL,HELL, HELL!

Yes the replacement/DCD version uses a hardplastic for the abs and also a harder rubber for the bicept plates. I also have residue coming from the sideribplates on my leaky version but the new one has shown nothing yet. Let's hope for HT it stays that way.

Geil,

Is the replacement body made of the same type of rubber as you bad ones? Or is it like the older PVC suits of the original Dark Knight figure that is not as shiny?

BOBBY

The only thing different on the replacement bodies is the front section of the shirt being hard plastic and the bicep plates feel like a harder material than before, the rest of the suit is the same.

I actually think some people are stressing about this too much.

Since the problem is oil, would it work to hand wash the whole figure in warm, soapy water? I'm hoping there aren't metal or wire parts in the torso.

No, that would not work, it's been tried. The problem isn't so much cleaning it up and removing it but that it keeps coming back, and seemingly, the more you get rid of it, the faster and worse it comes back, and if left alone will damage the suit and cleaning it will damage the suit. It's a significant defect that ruins the figure.

I actually think some people are stressing about this too much.

If only some people read about it before posting.

The rubber is breaking down hence why the oil keeps coming back. It also seems to be a chemical reaction as many areas touch each other. However with it coming back it's a corrosive oil. It eats into the paint finish the rubber has. Melting it and shriveling it as well as causing the kevlar decals to end up into an orange peel effect. Also if leaving the oil too long it'll work it's way into the plastic parts of the figure and stain it. See Geil's photos.

Yes it's definitely blown way out of proportion. :rolleyes2

Darklord Dave also tried washing it and it came back.

There is one really good thing I've noticed. Using good kitchen roll/tissues that are soft enough that it really absorbs the oil then evaporates. It only ever stays wet from sitting on the rubber itself where the damage is done for prolonged periods.

Sadly though thats still not good as the oil is the preservatives of the rubber so when it's stopped the rubber has lost it's goodness. Becomes stiff then it cracks if you bend it or may crack on it's own.

Last edited:
so you're getting a replacement? I really don't get how HT is choosing now who gets a replacement. would it be possible to show us your pics? just to see how bad your leaking is

Back