DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a bizarre situation we have here where, by so many people's accounts, they've made a movie about The Joker that is too realistic for Batman to exist in the same world.

Part of me thinks....well what was the point of that then?

Lex Luthor without Superman. Clarence Boddicker without Robocop. Shredder without Splinter and the Turtles. All un-super villains whose enemies (the heroes) are fantastical in nature.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have made an origin movie dedicated to the character - I just question why you would go with a tone that actually seems to preclude the primary character of that franchise from being depicted in the same universe.

I still haven't seen it, I'm just going on what I've read.

I honestly think Batman can exist in this world. We don?t know much about it. Hell maybe Superman could to lmao

Yeah, it could be a non-criticism. Maybe they'll link this Joker up with Batman down the road, it won't be a problem and we'll wonder why anyone thought it would be.

Joker is too realistic as they've humanised him. Amazing film but not a comic book one. This joker couldn't go toe to toe with batman because he's just a human. In the comics he's an almost supernatural force of mystery and evil. I don't think wb are too concerned with not having this in the shared dc universe given that this will make more than any of their other films.

Perhaps this joker could be the inspiration for the 'real' joker to turn up in the batman or another film...

Joker is too realistic as they've humanised him. Amazing film but not a comic book one. This joker couldn't go toe to toe with batman because he's just a human. In the comics he's an almost supernatural force of mystery and evil. I don't think wb are too concerned with not having this in the shared dc universe given that this will make more than any of their other films.

Perhaps this joker could be the inspiration for the 'real' joker to turn up in the batman or another film...

In Joker 2 he falls into a vat mixture of anabolic steroids, PCP and permanent white paint.

Now bring on Batman in his Batwing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

No that?s just dumb. Joker doesn?t take inspiration from anyone. He just is. I hate when people say that joker took inspiration. That would mean he stole the look and idea from this joker and didn?t come up with it on his own. Makes no sense.

The only time I can see a joker being fake is Leto joker cause he?s to stupid to be the real one

Just got back from watching it a fourth time. Still not understanding the main criticisms. Especially speaking right now of this not being a 'Joker' Film. It's practically and 'elseworlds' sort of story. Who's to say he even becomes Batman in this world? If he even is the Joker (I'm betting money when Philip's does speak about his intentions he did intend for him to inspire the Joker, not actually be the Joker), then he does't exactly have the atypical qualities of the Joker, so surely Batman would be the same.

Anyway, I think it is indeed an absolute masterpiece.

The hate brigade of the site io9 is actually ludicrous.

This film takes place in 1981, so there's no reason for a sequel to jump 15 or 20 years just to rush Batman. A sequel could take place 83 or 85, and focus on Joker becoming a criminal and maybe his rise to power in the under world, like Walter White in Breaking Bad.

How could you possibly introduce something as silly as Batman after that sobering, documentary-esque ending?

giphy.gif

Anyone else noticed the fact that the voice of JP is exactly the same voice of the penguin from Gotham? That annoyed me the whole movie, lol

Besides that, this movie is how every Batman related stuff should be brought to the big screen. You know the Nolan way. Batman just doesn't fit with the rest of DCEU.. Batman need to be in a hyper-realistic world with little fantasy. In the Justice League movie, batman role was pathetic and I felt sorry for him being so weak. I hope this movie open the eyes of WB and just erase the "Affleck" Batman style, because is crap and the audience knows it. Yeah some fight scenes are good, like that one when he goes to rescue to Martha Kent. That's probably my favorite fight scene of all times, but, lets get real please. The Nolan way is the only way Batman should be ever be portrayed. period.

By the way, I've been reading this thread and some people insist on say that TDKR was bad, when actually is the best movie out there. If you don't like it, you simply don't get what was Nolan concept of "The Batman". TDKR is just in a superior level of drama and war, leaving behind the superhero stuff, is not a movie for kids like Marvel movies, is more a drama with a lot of symbolism and a perfect soundtrack.

About this Joker movie, I don't like much the fact that A. Fleck is some kind of retard, but than I realized that we actually don't know what the Joker is like, before become the Joker. In the 89's movie, the difference between Jack Napier and the Joker is just the white face, the guy was already a criminal master mind. A. Fleck on the other hand seems to be below the average IQ the whole movie, there is absolutely no single moment when you see a sign that this guy could be some day the extremely smart guy from TDK, it just doesn't fit. Leaving that behind the movie is close to perfect IMO.

Because people have been weened on continuing stories since their cartoons-and-comics days... and its sad.

The era of the "single film" is over.

Even when a character dies (Han Solo, Cassian, Black Widow) they have to instantly greenlight more movies about them. :lol

If Bambi had been made today then next year we'd be seeing the start of a new trilogy about his mother in addition to "Young Yeller," "Jenny: A Forrest Gump Story," etc.

Exactly. If its not a 'universe' of IPs and stories to exhaust, then it ain't worth doing.

So you end up with 12 Harry Potters that really all look and feel the same. (sorry Harry fans)

Back