DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This time i?m waiting on my wife?s schedule and not her legs to open up so that we can go together.

Only then will I know the true power of the Taxi Driver rip off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes IM1 is a top shelf MCU flick. But my point was that without any of the other films it's still just a superhero origin movie that mentions but doesn't show any other heroes. As you said it was a "signal of what was to come" but if IM bombed there'd be no "to come" past TIH, lol. I can call Terminator: Genysis "the beginning of a new universe, with a teaser at the end of what was to come" too. ;)

That's true.. But I saw IM after opening weekend.. It was already declared a success. So with the end credits I knew that an MCU was about to be developed..

HOWEVER... I had know idea what we would end up getting.

I knew you'd love me dismissing your rankings as based on nothing but how Hulk was portrayed on screen. :lol Yes I know that doesn't trump all but I couldn't resist heh heh. :D

Stop playing with my emotions. :lol

If you remember I revisited TIH last year for the first time in quite a few years and really enjoyed it. And yeah too bad that it will always feel somewhat disconnected from the Ruffalo years. At least they had William Hurt as a common link.

I was / am very thankful for the William Hurt connection.

TDK is great but like I said I put BB slightly above it. The "best" cbms for me are BB, TDK, Logan, EG, and now Joker. So two different Jokers cracking the top five is a real credit to WB. Preference-wise I'd say I still like the Cap trilogy + IW/EG the best but there's no denying the quality of those others I mentioned

I love BB also.. The film falls apart a little for me at the end. The whole film plays very realistically and then they end up in the Narrows with the fear gas stuff and it all feels a bit too Tim Burtonish..

But the first 3 quarters of the film is brilliant.

You can also just call TFA / TWS / CW / IW-EG The Captain America saga costarring Iron Man. :)

All I know is that there now exists a movie about Gotham City, Joker, Bruce Wayne, Alfred, etc., that requires no suspension of disbelief. That right there is crazy, lol.

That means that when Bruce grows up he has to play by the same rules. No cheating with "magic" Batman tech, he'll have to operate as a rich martial artist with mid-90's real world tech (assuming he's 10 in 1981 and then starts fighting crime at age 25 or so.) I could see Arthur being a real problem for him.

I said the same thing to my friend.. He would really have to be more of a detective who lives in the shadows.. I don't care how much training he has had.. In this realistic Universe Bats cant take on multitudes of villains at once in hand to hand combat.

it was only recently that batman was shown to be very overpowered anyway. If I remeber correctly he always had a hard time fighting bigger dudes and usually was more of a brain than brawn type guy. Now suddenly the dude can go toe to toe with the best of them.

43% drop not in the historic 30% range they were predicting but still that is freaking spectacular.

I've seen it twice.

uil3UPU.gif

Finally got a chance to watch this.

Anyone who's read any version of the character can assume some painful combination of mental illness and abuse in his otherwise ambiguous backstory. I guess if all you want is to see that depicted on film, you'll be happy.

Great film from a technical standpoint (performance, pacing, use of sound and music, editing), but it adds nothing to the mythos or cinema at large. Like a beautifully precise rendering of a human body in charcoal. Well done, but why?

Missed this at first, but wow, excellent post.

I feel like it wants me to nod thoughtfully while Arthur is dancing but I’m just thinking Buffalo Bill did the same thing plus an iconic junk tuck.

Taxi Driver, but for the generation that needs everything to reference a comic book.

Just because Clown posted that amazingly disturbing yet legit gif of Mr freaking Rogers literally wearing the plastic Clown mask from Joker has converted me on the movie that **** creeps me dafuq out I can?t stop thinking about it lol

Mr Rogers always kinda freaked me out with his soft ass voice. And that creepy way he took off his shows. Idk but just seems creepy now

Back