DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only comparison pic I found. The damtoys second headsculpt beats hot toys for sure but the stock headsculpt is ridiculous to be honest. That's not Vito Corleone.
Thank you. I want to get the Golden Years version and swap the 2nd head with my Hot Toys one. I hope the closed eyes sculpt is based on the 2nd head sculpt.

“I work my whole life, I don't apologize, to take care of my family. And I refused -- to be a fool -- dancing on the string, held by all those -- bigshots. I don't apologize -- that's my life -- but I thought that -- that when it was your time -- that -- that you would be the one to hold the strings. Senator - Corleone”
1A950768-AC81-4299-BCB3-0D21DF8E20E5.jpeg

“I work my whole life, I don't apologize, to take care of my family. And I refused -- to be a fool -- dancing on the string, held by all those -- bigshots. I don't apologize -- that's my life -- but I thought that -- that when it was your time -- that -- that you would be the one to hold the strings. Senator - Corleone”
View attachment 547131
Nice setup.:clap

View attachment 547131
You nailed that pensive look on Michael Corleone.

So is that Michael Corleone figure still available to purchase online or do I have to purchase him in the secondary market?

So is that Michael Corleone figure still available to purchase online or do I have to purchase him in the secondary market?
He is a custom. I made him a few months back. I believe TNS still has the base Present Toys figure for sale. I can help if you would like to buy & customize him yourself

Thank you. I want to get the Golden Years version and swap the 2nd head with my Hot Toys one. I hope the closed eyes sculpt is based on the 2nd head sculpt.
Sorry to disappoint you but its from the first headsculpt.

A question to all the international customers. Which online place offers the lowest overseas shipping rates? I want to get the Golden years version but unable to find the store that offers a reasonable shipping amount. Please share your sources from which you buy your figures Please. Thanks.

A question to all the international customers. Which online place offers the lowest overseas shipping rates? I want to get the Golden years version but unable to find the store that offers a reasonable shipping amount. Please share your sources from which you buy your figures Please. Thanks.
I'm in Europe and Big Bad Toy Store's shipping is about 40-50$ for the average 1/6th figure, which I find pretty good. I don't use Sideshow these days, but their shipping was around those numbers as well. You still need to account for taxes and the such, but that's the basic shipping cost there. ToysWonderland is the one that recently jacked prices up in that regard. DarkSideToys has free shipping inside Europe if you're ordering from 150 and above, but I don't know what their regular shipping prices are for the rest of the world (I guess you can go to their website and check with the shipping calculator they have). I can't think of anything else.

I am from Greece and I buy from places like OneSixthKit, Giantoy and TNS figures. They all have free international shipping and you most likely won’t pay any taxes. Golden years version is still available for preorder on Giantoy’s website. Giantoy is where I got my formal Godfather figure (free shipping + no taxes)

View attachment 547131
That Michael is just insane. :clap

I’m having second thoughts on buy the two. Leaning towards the Golden Years now. I don’t buy many 1/6 figures (nothing so far in 2021 & only one in 2020). I prefer to have only one representation of a character in my collection. Formal is iconic but I feel the Golden Years might have a bigger “POP” in my collection. I love the layers of clothing and the hat! Funny enough it’s the “bag of oranges” that does it for me…….PAPA!!!! Maybe use the cash from the second for HT Jango!!

Last edited:
I think the Golden Years version is a very awesome look. It will be one of those figures that I look at and smile.

I'm in Europe and Big Bad Toy Store's shipping is about 40-50$ for the average 1/6th figure, which I find pretty good. I don't use Sideshow these days, but their shipping was around those numbers as well. You still need to account for taxes and the such, but that's the basic shipping cost there. ToysWonderland is the one that recently jacked prices up in that regard. DarkSideToys has free shipping inside Europe if you're ordering from 150 and above, but I don't know what their regular shipping prices are for the rest of the world (I guess you can go to their website and check with the shipping calculator they have). I can't think of anything else.

I am from Greece and I buy from places like OneSixthKit, Giantoy and TNS figures. They all have free international shipping and you most likely won’t pay any taxes. Golden years version is still available for preorder on Giantoy’s website. Giantoy is where I got my formal Godfather figure (free shipping + no taxes)

Tns, one sixth kit and are the best choices

Thanks a lot guys. I pre ordered the Golden Years Version too. Its hard on my wallet to get both formal and golden years versions but I ll manage somehow. I know once they are sold out these same figures will be on ebay for over 500 bucks or more.

Found a very nice comparison pic from Instagram of Damtoys stock tuxedo and the one by Yunsil which is a very expensive suit and to my eyes Damtoys suit looks more elegant and fits the figure well specially if you look at the shoulders.

Damtoys suit on left and Yunsil on right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211120-101240_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211120-101240_Instagram.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 116
That Michael Corleon custom looks fantastic. Is that the Iminime head sculpt? The suit looks fantastic. Trying to decide whether to pick up the Dam Toys or just keep the Hot Toys and maybe consider the DT Golden Years.

Back