DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found more pictures on Instagram. Thats indeed Marlon Brando there. Stunning.

Attachments

• 2.7056971346173153E18.jpg
    2.7056971346173153E18.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 2.7056971345923794E18.jpg
    2.7056971345923794E18.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 2.705697134793663E18.jpg
    2.705697134793663E18.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.705697134608917E18.jpg
    2.705697134608917E18.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 2.7056971345753789E18.jpg
    2.7056971345753789E18.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 2.7056971345837588E18.jpg
    2.7056971345837588E18.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 128
The new script with the strong jaw line really made this set a winner.If the suit is as good as the prototype look,this one might rival the custom set.

I think this set is going to sell out fast given how good it looks. For $300, you can’t even get a custom non paint head LOL

I caved in and put a PO for this over at a local site. Price is technically higher, but I pay no shipping and no taxes which makes it about the same as ordering it from abroad. Plus, it's dispatched from my own country so I don't have to worry about post-offices and the such. I put it on installments so I'll be getting it around March (that's the date they have for it coming in-stock anyhow). I'm pretty pumped. I doubt BCS's Tommy Shelby will come out looking as good, but the two of them in a glass case will be a real centrepiece. I wish they'd make a Michael as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

Nice. The greatest film ever made (imo) gets an almost equally great figure. If only more classic characters could get that same treatment.
Question is, which ones are equally as classic? Bickle, Scarface, Bateman (getting a figure), Maximus/Commudus, Tyler/Narrator (no clue how that Blitzway turned out), Rambo/Rocky/Terminator (all have gotten multiple figures over the years), Hannibal, that's all I can think of if I disregard names such as Beetlejuice, Snake Plissken, and so on, which are genre classics. If I extend it to modern classics, maybe the Driver, Plainview, Anton, that's more or less it. If you take it to tv, you've got Tony Soprano, Heisenberg, maybe Don Draper. To me a true classic, on par with the Corleones, is something anyone on any street can name. You ask some old man in a village around my parts about the Godfather, he'll know what you're talking about (you'll have to specify you're talking about the film and not an actual godfather but you get the point).

Figures like this are what make me want to make my collection tighter. I got a Thanos from TW a week back (still waiting to be picked up by the courier... I sure hope it makes its way here) and while he's one of my favourite capes and I need him for a planned Marvel Cosmic shelf, I don't feel half the statisfaction with "having it" as with this. Granted it's Thanos, it's not like I got drunk and ordered a Black Widow, but you get my point. With the constant onslaught of Marvel & Star Wars stuff you can get caught buying characters you don't much care for, which diminishes the ones you truly like.

Between this and the AC figures which are supposedly pretty good, I hope DAM expands. Maybe we could see them getting more VG licenses. Metal Gear, or Mass Effect maybe. The latter would price me out, but I'd be in for Shepard, Garrus, Miranda, Liara & TIM at least. Maybe they could tackle more one-offs like this. After Threezero's mediocre figure, I'd kill for a new Mads Hannibal. They could even make it a Deluxe of sorts with a Wendigo head and some dining accessories. Maybe Sherlock/Watson from the Guy Ritchie flicks. There's stuff to make, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Looks like all Asian site now sold out .

With American orders, the only disadvantage is they won’t arrive till probably 4/2022

Last edited:
I caved in and put a PO for this over at a local site. Price is technically higher, but I pay no shipping and no taxes which makes it about the same as ordering it from abroad. Plus, it's dispatched from my own country so I don't have to worry about post-offices and the such. I put it on installments so I'll be getting it around March (that's the date they have for it coming in-stock anyhow). I'm pretty pumped. I doubt BCS's Tommy Shelby will come out looking as good, but the two of them in a glass case will be a real centrepiece. I wish they'd make a Michael as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

Question is, which ones are equally as classic? Bickle, Scarface, Bateman (getting a figure), Maximus/Commudus, Tyler/Narrator (no clue how that Blitzway turned out), Rambo/Rocky/Terminator (all have gotten multiple figures over the years), Hannibal, that's all I can think of if I disregard names such as Beetlejuice, Snake Plissken, and so on, which are genre classics. If I extend it to modern classics, maybe the Driver, Plainview, Anton, that's more or less it. If you take it to tv, you've got Tony Soprano, Heisenberg, maybe Don Draper. To me a true classic, on par with the Corleones, is something anyone on any street can name. You ask some old man in a village around my parts about the Godfather, he'll know what you're talking about (you'll have to specify you're talking about the film and not an actual godfather but you get the point).

Figures like this are what make me want to make my collection tighter. I got a Thanos from TW a week back (still waiting to be picked up by the courier... I sure hope it makes its way here) and while he's one of my favourite capes and I need him for a planned Marvel Cosmic shelf, I don't feel half the statisfaction with "having it" as with this. Granted it's Thanos, it's not like I got drunk and ordered a Black Widow, but you get my point. With the constant onslaught of Marvel & Star Wars stuff you can get caught buying characters you don't much care for, which diminishes the ones you truly like.

Between this and the AC figures which are supposedly pretty good, I hope DAM expands. Maybe we could see them getting more VG licenses. Metal Gear, or Mass Effect maybe. The latter would price me out, but I'd be in for Shepard, Garrus, Miranda, Liara & TIM at least. Maybe they could tackle more one-offs like this. After Threezero's mediocre figure, I'd kill for a new Mads Hannibal. They could even make it a Deluxe of sorts with a Wendigo head and some dining accessories. Maybe Sherlock/Watson from the Guy Ritchie flicks. There's stuff to make, that's for sure.

OI CLOWN DID AIH CATCH U BEIN RAYCIS IN ONE OF YOUR POSHTHS IN 1920S BIRMIE?! I-IS THAT A FOOKIN ITALIAN BEIN RAYCIS TO MY SISTAH'S SON'S SISTAH'S BABYDADDY? I'M GONNA BLOW ME FOOKIN HEAD OFF AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Peaky-Blinders-Like-something-out-of-nightmares-2548104.jpg

The show has turned into a cartoon parody, but I keep watching because it's entertaining in how awful it is. Plus, Cillian Murphy's cool and they wear nice clothes. But it's just... bad. PIS, OOC moments, nonsensical writing, it's all gone down the drain. But it's still somehow enjoyable. There's just one season (so like 5 episodes) remaining anyhow.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
RIIIIIIGHT
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

I'm still buying the dolly because the special edition from BCS' site comes with Murphy's sig, and like I said, he's got a cool look. He'll compliment this Vito pretty good I think, even though Vito will be the higher quality figure and more memorable character.

Last edited:
Nice. The greatest film ever made (imo) gets an almost equally great figure. If only more classic characters could get that same treatment.

Its so unfortunate that such figures are not made often. The whole world is crazy after marvel or DC or star wars. I am so tired of seeing them.

Looks like Hot toys has nothing else to do but make figures from these three categories only. I understand the reason of course because it makes them lots of money but really I wish if we have more meaningful characters. I would get all characters from Godfather even Luca Brassi but that will never happen. I want a Travis Bickle figure so badly but again we only have some third party ones looking bad and I am so happy these third party companies exist. I know its wrong to make un licenced figures but if the official figures are never gonna made then what to do? We as collectors need out favourites.

Its so unfortunate that such figures are not made often. The whole world is crazy after marvel or DC or star wars. I am so tired of seeing them.

Looks like Hot toys has nothing else to do but make figures from these three categories only. I understand the reason of course because it makes them lots of money but really I wish if we have more meaningful characters. I would get all characters from Godfather even Luca Brassi but that will never happen. I want a Travis Bickle figure so badly but again we only have some third party ones looking bad and I am so happy these third party companies exist. I know its wrong to make un licenced figures but if the official figures are never gonna made then what to do? We as collectors need out favourites.
I collect Marvel/DC/Star Wars myself, but I'm sticking to specific characters. I don't need the flavour of the month or the random D-Lister. All you're doing is overcrowding the display and not allowing the figures you have to breathe. Spending the same amount of money on a Top 10 character and a random FOMO that will be forgotten in two months just doesn't sit right with me. I'll never get a Rocky, even though he's a classic, but I'd drop the cash immediately for a Fantomex from X-Men. I like the Godfather enough to get a Vito and a Michael, but I'd never buy anything else. My Star Wars display will be big, it just won't be the 100-figure one with Kuil and Fennec. So it's less about the source for me and more about the personal importance of each character. You just have to be selective is all.

As for Third-Party, it's not the ethics that bother me, it's just that if I'm going to spend so much money, I want the official stamp of approval, the guarantee that I'm buying from a safe site and so on.

Caved…..Waitlisted for me at Timewalker.
That second head sold it. I have a custom I made….it came out ok, but with all the extras, this is a no brainer.

That cat alone is worth 90 bucks.

They are certainly improving, but like I said, I need the official stamp on it all. It doesn't sit well with me otherwise.
I'm pretty sure only their Walt was a recast. They have a good sculptor on board with their team now who is doing all of their new sculpts now.

Back