DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9228C16C-D379-4EBF-9706-E1B43970B413.jpeg
CA931A2E-BB21-4BB2-8984-155D7FB512F4.jpeg

1 flaw is the pants aren't accurate they are missing that silk stripe down the side. Enterbay missed it but hot toys didn't.

Part ofme prefers the hot toys one, chair box, pants, base and sculpt.

I do like this one though.

1 flaw is the pants aren't accurate they are missing that silk stripe down the side. Enterbay missed it but hot toys didn't.
The Blitzway 1/4 statue doesn't have it either. Are we sure he had that stripe in the film or maybe HT made a mistake?

I'm looking at the scene where GF dances with his daughter at the wedding and can't tell if the pants have a stripe on the side.

The Blitzway 1/4 statue doesn't have it either. Are we sure he had that stripe in the film or maybe HT made a mistake?

I'm looking at the scene where GF dances with his daughter at the wedding and can't tell if the pants have a stripe on the side.
Yes it's definitely there if you watch the blu Ray, baffles me as dam toys did the line on the pants in their statue. 🤦

If anyone finds a body mod or replacement to make the cuffs fit right let us know. 🤣

I didn't like how I can see the white of the shirt where his stomach is and was going to pull the trousers up a bit, then I noticed they are quite short trousers so cant do that.
I have also noticed the waist coat is to high so shows even more of the white shirt which is a shame.
Damtoys are usually excellent with there tailoring, i have had some of the Gangsters kingdom line so was expecting a little better on the measurements. Maybe I will try adjusting the fat suit underneath to see if that helps.
a god 1.png

Has anyone done an in-hand comparison with the hot toys version? I'm thinking about getting the golden years version and use the extra head to upgrade my HT version.

I didn't like how I can see the white of the shirt where his stomach is and was going to pull the trousers up a bit, then I noticed they are quite short trousers so cant do that.
I have also noticed the waist coat is to high so shows even more of the white shirt which is a shame.
Damtoys are usually excellent with there tailoring, i have had some of the Gangsters kingdom line so was expecting a little better on the measurements. Maybe I will try adjusting the fat suit underneath to see if that helps.
View attachment 546075
I do think it's just a case of adjusting the suit as most pictures don't show much of the shirt.

Promo was spot on
02D838B3-5C7C-41E9-A233-1EE809EB13CA.jpeg

So I just felt I needed to share some criticism. I'm seriously thrown off by the tuxedo, I was under the impression the jacket didn't have a vent hole but it appears it does and I'm not an expert on formal wear like this but what REALLY throws me off about their tailoring is the double belt loops at the back of the trousers, I honestly can not stand that, it's just incorrect and doesn't feel right to that era, and correct me if I'm wrong here those who have a better understanding but I feel belt loops alone with formal wear trousers doesn't belong together as I highly doubt they would wear a belt because as by the rule you never wear a belt when you wear a waistcoat, plus if you look closely in one scene suspenders are poking through on Sonny Corleone. I also noticed the waistcoat in the promo pic has 3 buttons and the figure now has 4, I believe they were correct before. The pants are too slim at least to my liking, I dunno I think they should be at least a little looser.

I also noticed the waistcoat in the promo pic has 3 buttons and the figure now has 4, I believe they were correct before. The pants are too slim at least to my liking, I dunno I think they should be at least a little looser.

I noticed that too. I wonder why they did that? I think those little buttons aren't difficult to take off.

I do think it's just a case of adjusting the suit as most pictures don't show much of the shirt.

Promo was spot on View attachment 546139

I would not use the promo as the production
standard. Typically most manufacturers prototype will be perfect for obvious reasons. The pants being a bit short,the vest not covering the shirt and the hands wrist and feet joint exposed is the only downer. Might just need to port Vito to a slightly smaller body to fix this

Has anyone done an in-hand comparison with the hot toys version? I'm thinking about getting the golden years version and use the extra head to upgrade my HT version.

This is the only comparison pic I found. The damtoys second headsculpt beats hot toys for sure but the stock headsculpt is ridiculous to be honest. That's not Vito Corleone.

Attachments

• IMG_20211120_101401_171.jpg
    IMG_20211120_101401_171.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 80
Back