DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really this headsculpt is a mystery. In some pictures it looks stunning and in some it looks beyond horrible. On top of that no one made a decent video of the figure in some decent lighting. Found another video today but not very useful.

I'm not worried about videos with terrible lighting. The previous closeup pictures show the sculpt as it looks in hand. :)

These guys need to skip a figure or two and buy a good camera. :LOL:

Head sculpt looks great to me
a god 5.jpg
a god 4.jpg
a god 2.jpg
a god 1.jpg

I feel like the revised sculpt was DAM's attempt to duplicate the HT sculpt. I think the original sculpt was fine but people have become so accustomed to HT being the best that they just assume that their attempt at Vito was what he actually looked like.

The squashed head looks like an improved Enterbay Godfather and the longer head does look like an improved HT Godfather sculpt.

The squashed head looks like an improved Enterbay Godfather and the longer head does look like an improved HT Godfather sculpt.
That was nice of them to improve both versions. Maybe they should include a Ledger Joker and Indy while they're at it. 🤭 Beetlejuice too.

Is it me or the one on the right (our right) looks better than the left one? There's something different, but I can't tell? Is it the expression?
The left one was the original planned headsculpt and its so bad that they realised their mistake and decided to offer another headsculpt to customers (right headsculpt). The left headsculpt doesn't look like Vito Corleone at all. The right headsculpt looks great. I am glad damtoys didn't screw this up. Its the only licensed figure after Hot toys and that was in year 2009.

The left one was the original planned headsculpt and its so bad that they realised their mistake and decided to offer another headsculpt to customers (right headsculpt). The left headsculpt doesn't look like Vito Corleone at all. The right headsculpt looks great. I am glad damtoys didn't screw this up. Its the only licensed figure after Hot toys and that was in year 2009.
Is that what happened? People weren't happy with the sculpt? Why include the first sculpt? Wouldn't it be easier for them to just replace the old sculpt with the 2.0?

I thought Enterbay's version is licensed too?

Is that what happened? People weren't happy with the sculpt? Why include the first sculpt? Wouldn't it be easier for them to just replace the old sculpt with the 2.0?

No, what DAM said was
The two versions of the Godfather have received a lot of attention from players since the official release. As a token of our appreciation, we have decided to offer a free extra super-realistic head sculpt to all players who pre-ordered DMS032 and DMS033.
Thank you for your continued support and a tribute by our design team to the classics.

They said in a statement that the new improved headsculpt is their gratitude for the fans because of their interest but in my opinion they must have seen all the comments mocking the headsculpt prototype they showed. So they just came up with this marketing strategy that those who pre order will get the extra headsculpt but then they added this headsculpt to all the figures and not just to the pre ordered ones.

I thought Enterbay's version is licensed too?
Oh yes that too. Its so bad that I forgot it existed.

No, what DAM said was

Yes but we all know the real reason behind this move and I am glad they listened to us.

Back