Dam Toys Godfather Don Vito Golden Years version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only question is will they sell out after preorder ends?

Some of us were burned badly by Big chief studios
The Bond figures were preordered by all the diehards
6-9 months prior. When the production finally shipped
the figures were a mess. Now not saying this would happen
but who knows?

That suit with this mass produced figure looks to be
even better than anything Yunsil could produce not
to mention at 20% of Yunsil charges

My only question is will they sell out after preorder ends?

Some of us were burned badly by Big chief studios
The Bond figures were preordered by all the diehards
6-9 months prior. When the production finally shipped
the figures were a mess. Now not saying this would happen
but who knows?

That suit with this mass produced figure looks to be
even better than anything Yunsil could produce not
to mention at 20% of Yunsil charges

There's going to be a drop in quality, no matter which company makes it. However, sometimes companies hit a homerun, like Threezero did with Rambo 3 figure. That figure came out looking much better than the prototype and they even made improvements on the final product. Who knows? I doubt the outfits will look as good as the prototype and I expect the sculpt to be a bit softer. Hopefully, these figures are a special project for this company and they go above and beyond to make it their best figures so far.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. DAM's figures don't tend to sit around.

Though with Sideshow in the mix, they may elect to carry more stock state-side.

I still think it's needlessly cautious to wait on this one, I don't recall there being disappointment with a DAM release. If you think threezero is good, despite all their misses, you'll be pleased with DAM,

In general I will agree about Dam, the only 2 times I remember
a figure of theirs had issues was:
1) a minor problem with AC Black Flag Edward Kenway
(wrong color on costume, based on trailers and not in-game)
2) a major one was with parent company VTS when after they made
a very good Wasteland Ranger (Mad Max:Fury Road),
Furiosa came undersized in general (body, hs, clothes) and people started
customizing it to make it look proportionate beside Max.
That cost a lot of money for some buyers since they had to attain a new phicen body
and customize it, as well the hs was not so good and needed a repaint at least.

To my knowledge all other of their releases I know of, don't have any problems.
If I wanted this figure I would preorder it in a heartbeat,
others will wait for in-hand photos and reviews before commiting,
like how it happened with Three 0's Rambo 3 figure.
But then you risk inflated prices and low stock,
making it hard to find it at a good price.
Best option would be to find a shop with a refundable NRD at a good price.

Oh my God! This is exactly what I've been wanting! I did get quite a bit excited about a different version from the title of the other thread instead of the same old dull formal attire we always get in toys and I too like the more casual look as mentioned here. Talk about a dream figure putting together the different scenes!

DiD did Michael (two versions, as I recall). I?d like to see someone do Sonny.

Did that happen though? I only saw a military uniform pic but that was it don't know if anything actually with it.

No he didn't have pockets actually watched on TV earlier pants should be the same material as coat too not pinstripe.

The suit is definitely made to look like the Sollozzo meet suit. Either way the jacket is missing a button or two which is a very strange missed detail, jackets are rarely made with just one button.

One nit: the hat is too textured. In the movie, it appears much smoother:

I agree with this. I'm wondering also if anything could be done to have the hat's material softer.

Sideshow put this one up at $270, so your preferred retailer may or may not have discounted it further from there.

Sideshow put this one up at $270, so your preferred retailer may or may not have discounted it further from there.

With taxes and shipping, it is over $300. Anybody else coming in cheaper, free shipping in the USA?

With taxes and shipping, it is over $300. Anybody else coming in cheaper, free shipping in the USA?

It's $260 at Timewalker and free shipping eligible if bundled with something else to bring it over $350 and it's $270+shipping at Alter Ego.

It's $260 at Timewalker and free shipping eligible if bundled with something else to bring it over $350 and it's $270+shipping at Alter Ego.

Thanks for the info. Ordered from Timewalker, the shipping was $12.95 and no tax.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Timewalker tip -- shipping was only $9.27! No tax.

They seriously seem to only charge the actual shipping cost they get from UPS, not even the 'retail' cost that they could fairly charge. Sideshow will probably 2-3x that lol.

Back