Dam Toys Godfather Don Vito Golden Years version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They seriously seem to only charge the actual shipping cost they get from UPS, not even the 'retail' cost that they could fairly charge. Sideshow will probably 2-3x that lol.

I can't name all of my gripes with Sideshow, but one near the top of their list is their unwillingness to provide shipping costs on pre-order items.

Clearly they can, they just choose not to.

As you say, their shipping costs are outrageously inflated, and they know people are unlikely to cancel once the item arrives and final shipping charges are billed. What's an extra $10 when you've already waited 13 months for a $260 figure?

If they actually were waiting until the item arrives, to get the exact shipping cost, that would be one thing, but they're not charging exact shipping costs, they're inflating it. It's unacceptable.

I can't name all of my gripes with Sideshow, but one near the top of their list is their unwillingness to provide shipping costs on pre-order items.

Clearly they can, they just choose not to.

As you say, their shipping costs are outrageously inflated, and they know people are unlikely to cancel once the item arrives and final shipping charges are billed. What's an extra $10 when you've already waited 13 months for a $260 figure?

If they actually were waiting until the item arrives, to get the exact shipping cost, that would be one thing, but they're not charging exact shipping costs, they're inflating it. It's unacceptable.
That and Sideshow is a big enough company where they could afford to give their customers a flat rate most likely. I always find it funny how much they charge in comparison to just about anywhere else online that I shop. I can and have shipped figures for less than they charge. Not by much, but just about all the figures I’ve sold are around $20 or slightly below going by USPS Priority Mail. I have to imagine Sideshow could negotiate a better deal with one of the shipping companies.

Nowadays, I rarely order from Sideshow unless they do free shipping. On Black Friday, I ordered their Red Skull (comic book version). Free shipping + discount made it worth the dough for a really good figure.

I have to say that for me in my state the California Internet sales tax kind of levels the retail playing field because prior to that, I disqualified SS for that extra cost, though a few online retailers still don?t charge this. But Big Bad Toy Store offers their $4 flat rate shipping for many of their items so you?d think SS can do the same if not for competitiveness, then as a nice thing for their customers. I paid huge $$ for CA state tax for a huge statue I bought from BBTS, a box that?s bigger and heavier than the SS Godfather shipper box, but paid only $4 for shipping! That’s a chunk of savings vs getting the same statue from SS.

they went with a closed eyes alternate head. Running out of ideas of what to include.

There are a couple things I hope they change with this figure... The suit jacket should be a THREE button jacket not one button, the suspenders (please let them be removable) is supposed to be attached on the inside of the pants - this isn't the Wild West it's the 1940's, and add belt loops to the pants so he can wear a belt, the Don actually only wore suspenders visible for one scene, and yeah like mentioned on the first page already hair should be looser for all the scenes this figure recreates but all of the previous thing I mentioned should be easy for Dam to change.

There are a couple things I hope they change with this figure... The suit jacket should be a THREE button jacket not one button, the suspenders (please let them be removable) is supposed to be attached on the inside of the pants - this isn't the Wild West it's the 1940's, and add belt loops to the pants so he can wear a belt, the Don actually only wore suspenders visible for one scene, and yeah like mentioned on the first page already hair should be looser for all the scenes this figure recreates but all of the previous thing I mentioned should be easy for Dam to change.

Think we'll see soon I hope they do but I'm still impressed with what we are getting. Dams quality has been on point so I'm really looking forward to both of these.

Yeah I am definitely impressed with this set too. I'm just so very excited about this one that I want them to perfect what is something very minor and easy for them to do.

A question to all the international customers. Which online place offers the lowest overseas shipping rates? I want to get the Golden years version but unable to find the store that offers a reasonable shipping amount. Please share your sources from which you buy your figures Please. Thanks.

A question to all the international customers. Which online place offers the lowest overseas shipping rates? I want to get the Golden years version but unable to find the store that offers a reasonable shipping amount. Please share your sources from which you buy your figures Please. Thanks.
I tend to use KGHobby most often..

I tend to use KGHobby most often..

Thanks. Yes they are the best and their prices are cheaper than other stores. Unfortunately both formal and golden years version are sold out. I bought the golden years from Australian site popcultcha.

FB_IMG_1641498406391.jpg
FB_IMG_1641498403676.jpg
FB_IMG_1641498400363.jpg
FB_IMG_1641498396332.jpg
FB_IMG_1641498393337.jpg
FB_IMG_1641498390617.jpg

Anyone got a handle on where to get this? I can’t find anyone

Back