D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - HT Sandtrooper: Corporal Variant

Thanks, Andrew. I couldn?t find one for a decent price. I just hit it with a black Sharpie hehe.

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Thanks, Andrew. I couldn?t find one for a decent price. I just hit it with a black Sharpie hehe.

Haha. Who needs an airbrush when you have a sharpie [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - HT Sandtrooper: Corporal Variant

Right? In natural light, at some angles, it has a dark purple hue to it. I'll eventually go over it with some paint.

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - Power Droid: Gonk 2

Deathstar Power Droid (Gonk#2)
I went for the classic Kenner colorway. *I can still hear those ratchety clicks from his legs*
Added LEDs: red constant and yellow flashing.

DSPowerDroid1.jpg

DSPowerDroid2.jpg

DSPowerDroid3.jpg

DSPowerDroid4.jpg

I want to cover the LEDs with some sort of square "caps" but haven't found anything. I've seen similar ones used on custom control panels. I'm guessing they're printed.

Is that the Rusty version ?

Nice paint job !! And yes the Kenner colour does look nice.

Any complex circuitry needed for the flashing LED ? Assume running from a battery.

Thanks guys!

Hoody - yeah it's the original RustyJ Gonk. Runs on a button cell pack and the flashing or constant light depends on the LED you hook up.
I am a novice electrician at best and this was a very basic slapped-together venture on my part. I'm sure there is a much better and cleaner way of wiring him up, but its all unseen ;)

Looking forward to picking up 1 or 2 of the new one he has in the works :D

Thanks guys!

Hoody - yeah it's the original RustyJ Gonk. Runs on a button cell pack and the flashing or constant light depends on the LED you hook up.
I am a novice electrician at best and this was a very basic slapped-together venture on my part. I'm sure there is a much better and cleaner way of wiring him up, but its all unseen ;)

Looking forward to picking up 1 or 2 of the new one he has in the works :D

OK cool. If the LED does it itself, then I think even I could manage that. I think mine even came with sound I believe.

I'll need to get mine out and painted when ever I get around to it :lol Maybe when R2 arrives he will inspire me.

That gonk is off the planet!!!! You've brought back so many happy memories, just in those photos :clap

OK cool. If the LED does it itself, then I think even I could manage that.I think mine even came with sound I believe.

I'll need to get mine out and painted when ever I get around to it :lol Maybe when R2 arrives he will inspire me.

Really??

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with 👍🏽

Deathstar Power Droid (Gonk#2)
I went for the classic Kenner colorway. *I can still hear those ratchety clicks from his legs*
Added LEDs: red constant and yellow flashing.

View attachment 469682

Wow that gives off some serious Kenner feelies.:lol Color is spot-on to the vintage fig. Awesome work - love all the little details and addition of the lights.:clap

And yeah, can I still hear/feel those clickety-click legs.:yess:

Wow that gives off some serious Kenner feelies.:lol Color is spot-on to the vintage fig. Awesome work - love all the little details and addition of the lights.:clap

And yeah, can I still hear/feel those clickety-click legs.:yess:

It was a fun little project :D
Much Thanks TB :duff

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - Death Star Droid: RA-7 Droid

*****ked up my finger pretty good and have been out of work for a week.
It's nice to be at home, but it was maddening without the use of my left hand, until a couple days ago. Thankfully I was able to get back to work on an RA-7 Droid (Deathstar Droid) i had started about a year ago.
Still injured but managing...

Hasbro 12" resculpt: This was my first attempt at using Miliput for retooling/sculpting; I mainly used it as putty/filler at the time.

8B7438D4-3DD3-47AB-8E9A-263FBEC6D101.jpg

Bodywork: covering up the toyish "weathering" dents and scratch marks, as well as hiding all the screw holes in the back and legs.

76B25EC7-D513-4C7B-AA7E-9F378CBEBF60.jpg

01864BDF-443C-4CFC-B1E8-D30D1D172BD8.jpg

Stomach area sanded down and the replaced with styrene "wiring".

36D204D1-4218-4126-A81D-DF8FE2183B7A.jpg

More fine tuning on the droid head. I'm pretty happy with where it's at. Just needs some reworking on the forehead "U" piece between the eyes and some clean up.

9CB7CF6A-598D-476F-BAF8-F2D8C3482415.jpg

1934D69C-6930-4FEB-9B8B-6B9B5249331E.jpg

Sorry to hear about the injury.

Your rework looks good, in spite of the injury.

Hope your injury heals up quickly and love the droid! Great work, thank you for sharing.

Hopefully that wasn't a slipped scalpel or tool from customizing that led to your injury. I've had quite a few of those.

That DSD is looking awesome.:clap I've been looking at my modded DSD for the past year or so wondering what to do with it. Love the subtle resculpt. It's a tricky fig to get looking screen accurate because he doesn't have any of the limb detailing 3PO has - just flat panels - and the hands are different to 3PO's. I would love to do a silver version but because there's too much work in it I'm probably going for some more minor tweaks and paint it black (the Hasbro color is a bit too gunmetal, even though that seems to be what Hasbro has settled on for the DSD.)

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - Death Star Droid: RA-7 Droid

Love it dude. Good stuff.

Thanks, Chris!

Yeah agree. Nice upgrade !! How much longer until paint ?? Guess it depends a bit on the finger, hope it heals quickly dude.

I?ve been dying to paint it since I started but keep wanting to get it closer to the original design. I feel I?m pretty close but will probably put him down for bit to think it through.
Finger?s healing better than expected and just keep it wrapped and out of dusts way... as much as possible.
Thanks, Andrew!

Sorry to hear about the injury.

Your rework looks good, in spite of the injury.

Thanks Stryker :D

Hope your injury heals up quickly and love the droid! Great work, thank you for sharing.

Thanks, James!

Hopefully that wasn't a slipped scalpel or tool from customizing that led to your injury. I've had quite a few of those.

That DSD is looking awesome.:clap I've been looking at my modded DSD for the past year or so wondering what to do with it. Love the subtle resculpt. It's a tricky fig to get looking screen accurate because he doesn't have any of the limb detailing 3PO has - just flat panels - and the hands are different to 3PO's. I would love to do a silver version but because there's too much work in it I'm probably going for some more minor tweaks and paint it black (the Hasbro color is a bit too gunmetal, even though that seems to be what Hasbro has settled on for the DSD.)

Not a scalpel incident but those have come close a few times. Work injury with steel pipe fittings that almost took more than it did - thank the maker.

Thank you! Same here, for a year I just had him on the bench glancing over him often wondering what cold be done. Almost painted him black, which is what I plan to do, several times but just left him after the initial sculpt attempt. Found him in a box last week and put him back up, staring at him until I decided to change more things.

Yeah the hands are more like 4-Lom?s. I may try to add some tweaks to these droid-looking hands I have on him now. Also I?ve thought about elongating the head, moving the arms inward a bit since they are a little too wide spread, and also taking a Dremel to all those details, since they are basically just cylinders without all the 3PO bits, as you mentioned. There?s so much that could be done to this but just figuring out how much more I wanna put into it :lol

Back