D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - Power Droid: Gonk 1

Here is my first 1/6 SW custom. A power/Gonk droid by fellow Freak RustyJ. I ended up getting a few of these from him to try different color ways, paint apps, etc.

Going for a random Tatooine version I scored and pitted the different surfaces to help with the age/weathering process.

9709FEB7-E77A-4FA1-A38E-E58CF3241CAC.jpg

Final paint with some additional greeblies.

0DFF290F-7BD2-410E-BAAF-6E0452127F47.jpg

DD574290-AF18-4246-8913-D16C8BC2EEB3.jpg

BBD84D1B-5920-47A1-BEF5-BC401033B895.jpg

8B331EDD-CDC7-4162-AA8E-2F64260F0ADD.jpg

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Looks great! Nice paintwork.

This is a great alternative for those who don't want to pay $270 to get this guy with a Jawa.

Amazing work as always! That paint job is excellent! I love the weathering.
Great pics with the Jawas too! RustyJ makes some good droids- I bought a Chopper off him and it?s great!

Now you're making me feel lazy :lol I also have one of these guys to get to.

Winter is coming though, so I've started on my Bandai Snowspeeder, but this guy might be next in the queue.

Nice paint, I need to think about which direction I go. Maybe there will be more than just that silver/grey version in the Mandalorian to use as a basis ? Am sure we'll all have our eyes peeled for new/old aliens and droids in that show !

A new source of customs !!!! The Darkness Predator might need a larger house I think :lol

It's disgusting how good you are with the paint work; I'm envious. :nana:

Awesome stuff as usual.

Really nice job with the paint/weathering on this.

Looks really good with the Jawas!

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - Power Droid: Gonk 1

Looks great! Nice paintwork.

This is a great alternative for those who don't want to pay $270 to get this guy with a Jawa.

Thanks, Chris!
It is a nice piece, but there may be those that want the slimmer look like in HT's 2pk. I love droids so i would take both - depending on the quality of the HT version.

Amazing work as always! That paint job is excellent! I love the weathering.
Great pics with the Jawas too! RustyJ makes some good droids- I bought a Chopper off him and it?s great!

Thanks, James! Yes he does. Nice casts. I picked up a Chopper too, which i still need to finish.

Now you're making me feel lazy :lol I also have one of these guys to get to.

Winter is coming though, so I've started on my Bandai Snowspeeder, but this guy might be next in the queue.

Nice paint, I need to think about which direction I go. Maybe there will be more than just that silver/grey version in the Mandalorian to use as a basis ? Am sure we'll all have our eyes peeled for new/old aliens and droids in that show !

A new source of customs !!!! The Darkness Predator might need a larger house I think :lol

You really can't go wrong with any direction you go with the colors, i think. I like the one in that Mandalorian footage too - looks like the top got chopped off and has a shape of a coffin. Just another cool design :D
I have a stack of Bandai models to build too... whenever i get around to that :(

It's disgusting how good you are with the paint work; I'm envious. :nana:

Awesome stuff as usual.

Hehe thank you, Stryker!:hi5:

Really nice job with the paint/weathering on this.

Looks really good with the Jawas!

Thank you! :duff

Love your work D.R.37...especially Two tubes:clap

Thanks, Matrix... I really appreciate that!

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - MSE Droid: Mouse Droid 1

This was a fun and nice accessory/diorama piece to put together.

MouSE Droid: MSE-037 :wink1:
MSE DROID.jpg

Some troopers for scale:
IMG_E0053.jpg

IMG_E0052.jpg

...and with the much under-scaled HT version.
IMG_E0049.jpg

Thanks to RustyJ for making the proper size.

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - HT Sandtrooper: Corporal Variant

My Corporal Sandtrooper mod/repaint.

I did this several months back but wanted to share some of my finished mods/customs while i have a few things still in the works.

Not too noticeable in these shots, but I removed some of the original weathering and went back in with some black and dark grey splatters. I also applied weathering to other parts to make him a bit different from HT's original weathering pattern.
SandtrooperPaintMod.jpg

Alongside a stock HT trooper with one of Solo Bones' Move-Along buckets and a Jawa informant.
Sandtroopers&Jawa.jpg

...and on his scaly steed.
web3.jpg

Nice job on the weathering; very effective and realistic. Like the Jawa informant. Still bummed I missed out on the Dewback.

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - HT Sandtrooper: Corporal Variant

Thanks Stryker. I was fortunate enough pick up the Dewback for a decent price - within the going rate of these past couple years.

Thanks guys :D
I also have a few more trooper helmets that I need to finish.

My Corporal Sandtrooper mod/repaint.

I did this several months back but wanted to share some of my finished mods/customs while i have a few things still in the works.

Not too noticeable in these shots, but I removed some of the original weathering and went back in with some black and dark grey splatters. I also applied weathering to other parts to make him a bit different from HT's original weathering pattern.
View attachment 468213

Nice Paul. I have a Sandtrooper in reserve which I was also planning to convert into a Corporal. Did you simply paint the cauldron black with an airbrush ? Any primer used or black straight on ?

Or is it an old Sideshow black pauldron ?

Back