D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Beautiful stuff Paul. I appreciate your attention to detail. I love how you did the armored hands. Paintwork is spot on, very nice.

I am excited too see you started your own thread. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.

D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - Benthic Two-tubes

Beautiful stuff Paul. I appreciate your attention to detail. I love how you did the armored hands. Paintwork is spot on, very nice.

I am excited too see you started your own thread. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.

Thank you!! :hi5:
Your customs thread was the first and most jam packed pages of plastic-eye-candy I stumbled upon - even before joining these boards. Pure inspiration.
That really means a lot.
Thanks, Chris! :duff

D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

OMG I'm jealous now !! What an awesome build which I just stumbled upon now.

Great work man !! Inspirational !! I want to try something like this now too !

Any chance you could update the pics on the first page. I assume they were put up during the server issues. They don't seem to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG I'm jealous now !! What an awesome build which I just stumbled upon now.

Great work man !! Inspirational !! I want to try something like this now too !

Any chance you could update the pics on the first page. I assume they were put up during the server issues. They don't seem to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Hoody!
I had problems uploading several times and thought i had worked it out :slap Images updated... Thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks, Hoody!
I had problems uploading several times and thought i had worked it out :slap Images updated... Thanks for the heads-up!

All good now. PM sent by the way in case you haven't noticed.

This is just inspirational custom skills. Well out of my league so great to see you put yours out there for us to see. Amazing work.

Thanks guys :)

After a hunting down a couple different map pouches and one totally detiorated one (bag of dust) i was able to be content with this one. I'm not sure if it looks cheap or not. I weathered it, but might have to go back with a heavier hand. The backpack's completed and the straps are a mash-up of a couple different bags and some extra fabric to extend them a bit. Tubes are permanently fixed to the head sculpt and the opposite ends are magnetized to the backpack.
Here's some completed shots of the Tognath.

Backpack, Benthic, Two-Tubes, Custom, 1:6, D.R.37, 2019.jpg

Benthic, Two-Tubes, Custom, 1:6, D.R.37, 1, 2019.jpg

Benthic, Two-Tubes, Custom, 1:6, D.R.37, 2, 2019.jpg

Streets of Jedha: A Rogue One Side Story... :)

Benthic, Two-Tubes, Custom, 1:6, D.R.37, Rogue One, 2019.jpg

Benthic, Two-Tubes, Custom, 1:6, D.R.37, K-2S0, Scout Rebel, 2019.jpg

Benthic, Two-Tubes, Custom, 1:6, D.R.37, Rogue One 2, 2019.jpg

Maybe the reason why i like this design so much is he fits in perfectly as a bounty hunter. Who knows? He possibly coulda had a side job :dunno

Benthic, Two-Tubes, Custom, 1:6, D.R.37, Bounty Hunters, 2019.jpg

...and a shot with Lord Vader just for another height comparison.

Benthic, Two-Tubes, Custom, 1:6, D.R.37, Vader ESB, 2019.jpg

Looks fantastic. The map case looks fine there, as well. Sometimes we are our own worst critics when it comes to making our own things; you did great, Paul. :clap

Looks fantastic. The map case looks fine there, as well. Sometimes we are our own worst critics when it comes to making our own things; you did great, Paul. :clap

Thank you, Stryker! So true, we will ALWAYS be our own worst critic... it's INEVITABLE :lol

That is just sick!! WOW turned out so well!!

Thanks so much!

Truly one of the best and most inventive customs I've ever seen.

Wow, SoD. Very much appreciated!!

That Benthic is just incredible.:clap

The name always reminds me of the company in The Abyss and T2.:lol

Dude D.R.37, this has to easily be one of the best customs I've seen in a while. Everything from the tailoring to the paint and accessories is just so badass!! Fantastic job, you should be proud!!

That Benthic is just incredible.:clap

The name always reminds me of the company in The Abyss and T2.:lol

Hah... thanks so much, TaliBane! :D

Dude D.R.37, this has to easily be one of the best customs I've seen in a while. Everything from the tailoring to the paint and accessories is just so badass!! Fantastic job, you should be proud!!

Thanks, Cagoda! A lot of back and forth between visual guides, googled images, rewatching RO several times (which was totally fine by me ;)), as well as trial and error on parts purchased. All the tinkering and experimenting along the way was fun and frustrating at times, but all in all it was a great learning experience and I?m very pleased with how he turned out :D

Echoing what everyone else has said - excellent execution on a really cool design. Not sure how this could be improved upon.

The “trial and error & tinkering and experimenting” is my favorite part of this hobby! It amazes me how so many of the artists on this board are so skilled in putting together beautiful figures like this one. I admire you skills.

I have been making displays/dioramas for my collection for years. That for me is still a challenge, but let’s call it a welcomed one. I’ve been doing that stuff so long that it’s become almost like therapy to me.

But... when I think about putting together a custom figure I nearly break out into a cold sweat. Backgrounds are one thing, but pulling off a cool character custom is a whole different deal. You make it look so easy!

"Custom of the Year".

He looks incredible. Very, very cool. Well done.

Echoing what everyone else has said - excellent execution on a really cool design. Not sure how this could be improved upon.

The ?trial and error & tinkering and experimenting? is my favorite part of this hobby! It amazes me how so many of the artists on this board are so skilled in putting together beautiful figures like this one. I admire you skills.

I have been making displays/dioramas for my collection for years. That for me is still a challenge, but let?s call it a welcomed one. I?ve been doing that stuff so long that it?s become almost like therapy to me.

But... when I think about putting together a custom figure I nearly break out into a cold sweat. Backgrounds are one thing, but pulling off a cool character custom is a whole different deal. You make it look so easy!

Thank you! Exactly dls712, i forgot how therapeutic stirring the creative juices can be! I use to make my living painting until a career change (Artists get tired of getting paid so much) and haven?t produce any work in a few years which some how got me into collecting again but in the 1/6 scale. I?m guessing just redirecting my energy, but ended up falling into a much more expensive hobby!

I have seen your work and the detail in replication as well as your fabricating skills are just amazing.

"Custom of the Year".

He looks incredible. Very, very cool. Well done.

Man, I wouldn?t say that.
There are so many well done customs out there by you, Steven, SoD, Cagoda, Ajp4mgs...

But I liked hearing that :1-1:
Thanks, Chris!

Back