Christopher Reeve Superman Statue coming from DCD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be missing something... DCD is DC Comics right? and if so they don't know what Christopher Reeve looks like?

Some more pics from DCD. They look much better and more accurate than the amped up colorful first image.

10805_a_full.jpg

10805_b_full.jpg

this is a ruff clay sculpt . still in progress.
I would have loved to have done this statue. I agree it needs to be 100% .
DSC087882.jpg
[/IMG]

The DCD one looks like it's going to blow you a kiss, or go all nancy like on you. :eek:

The neck looks seriously fat on the full view shot.

this is a ruff clay sculpt . still in progress.
I would have loved to have done this statue. I agree it needs to be 100% .
DSC087882.jpg
[/IMG]

WoW! :horror You made that amazing Reeve sculpt BobbyC? I'd love to have one like that! Christopher Reeve will always be my Superman! :D

hi jedi mike, this one is still in the works , I really want this to be special.
I will post pic soon.
Thanks

10805_b_full.jpg

Now as arrogant as this sounds... I think my own 1:6 sculpt is better than this one and that's why I couldn't justisify getting this Statue! I was pumped for it when it was announced, but left disappointed!

Mine one is just my 2nd attempt at sculpting and 2nd attempt at Reeve's likeness. :lol 2 for 2!!! But my point is, as flawed as my amature sculpted is... DCD professional statue isn't a great deal better in my opinion.

DSC02010.jpg

I wouldn't say it's being arrogant, it's not a spot on likeness but you can definetly tell who it's meant to be and it is much, much better than DCD's

hi jedi mike, this one is still in the works , I really want this to be special.
I will post pic soon.
Thanks

Allright BobbyC! Maybe I could afford to get a copy or commission of it from you someday? Let me know. It looks awesome in your picture, and it's not complete. I can only imagine how great it will be when it's finished! Keep me updated on it. Thanks! :D

Back