Christopher Reeve Superman Statue coming from DCD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that they sculpt a better likeness should they decide to make a 13-inch deluxe figure.

Having looked at it a few times I cannot say that I like the likeness. I love the idea of DC paying tribute to the late, great Christopher Reeve but not so sure about this statue.

If I didn't know it was supposed to be Reeve, I'd think it was just another generic Superman.

How does it not look like Reeve? The nose, the chin, the jaw, the neck, etc. - it looks like Reeve without a doubt. Is it perfect? Probably not, but the likeness is there. I think the paint may be a bit warm, but that could also just be the image.

How does it not look like Reeve? The nose, the chin, the jaw, the neck, etc. - it looks like Reeve without a doubt. Is it perfect? Probably not, but the likeness is there. I think the paint may be a bit warm, but that could also just be the image.

Reeve was the perfect Superman, so a generic Superman will look at least a little like Reeve. I think where Reeve really comes out in likenesses is the eyes, and they haven't been able to capture that here.

Reeve was the perfect Superman, so a generic Superman will look at least a little like Reeve. I think where Reeve really comes out in likenesses is the eyes, and they haven't been able to capture that here.

It's true that Reeve had the perfect Curt Swan face. While his eyes are certainly the windows into his persona, the rest of the likeness seems spot on to me. Eyes are the hardest thing to capture, I would estimate, so a fair likeness as far as his eyes are concerned is good enough for me. If this were a 1:1 or 1:2 bust or statue, I would expect the eyes to be as close to perfect as possible, but for a 12.5 inch statue, this'll do just fine. :)

wow, not bad, not the best, but not bad at all. I'll pass, unfortunately, but it's the paint job that screws it up.

It's amazing the first official Reeve statue and people are saying no to it. I'm looking forward to it. I wonder how he will look next to the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman statue? Anyone think we could possibly get a Keaton or West Batman out of this line?

It's amazing the first official Reeve statue and people are saying no to it. I'm looking forward to it. I wonder how he will look next to the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman statue? Anyone think we could possibly get a Keaton or West Batman out of this line?

What, no love for Clooney and his Arctic suit? :D

clooneybatmanrt0.jpg

I'd like to see a Keaton statue. Even though I'm not much of a fan of the Burton films, I still liked Keaton as Batman. As Bruce, that's another story, but he was a strong Batman.

That bust really doesn't look like Reeve, IMO. The face is too long, as well as the nose.

That bust really doesn't look like Reeve, IMO. The face is too long, as well as the nose.

:confused: Looks pretty damn close to me... and the pic looks like it was taken at a downward angle.
03916626christopherreevym7.jpg

The nose is too enlongated and the space between his nose and mouth is too wide, giving him an "ape" kind thing going on.

Back