Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad he isn't in the film like the comics. Thor would've wiped the floor with whoevers team he was on. It's enough that Tony has Vision and Steve has Wanda on their respective teams already as their big guns.

I actually think the film adaptation of Thor in the MCU seems like he would more play peacemaker as opposed to choosing a side. Especially if Heimdall told him that his friends on Midgard were squabbling. :lol

What are you expecting to be different from Russo's Wanda compared to Whedon's. It's not like Black Widow or Maria Hill were different in WS than they were in Avengers.

There are differences in characterization for most of the MCU characters when different screenwriters write/directors direct them. It's only natural. I'm really curious to see the Russos'/M&M's take on everyone they haven't directed/written before, especially Tony, Wanda, and Clint. I love that we'll get more character continuity from Civil War going into the IWs.

^ What IarnaOrgana said. I'm just interested by how the Russo's will interpret Wanda (and the others) in their writing. Everyone has a different take on their characterisation, from directors and writers involved with the MCU to fanfiction writers on the internet. I'm a film student, so I'm just interested in seeing how a different set of writer's/director's interpret Wanda's characterisation, especially after everything that she went through with AoU like losing Pietro.

^ What IarnaOrgana said. I'm just interested by how the Russo's will interpret Wanda (and the others) in their writing. Everyone has a different take on their characterisation, from directors and writers involved with the MCU to fanfiction writers on the internet. I'm a film student, so I'm just interested in seeing how a different set of writer's/director's interpret Wanda's characterisation, especially after everything that she went through with AoU like losing Pietro.
Fair enough.

Will be interesting to see indeed.

I'm glad he isn't in the film like the comics. Thor would've wiped the floor with whoevers team he was on. It's enough that Tony has Vision and Steve has Wanda on their respective teams already as their big guns.

But Thor and Hulk weren't in the comics either, cuz the same thing would have happened there, the war would have ended right away. Even Dr Strange stayed mostly neutral, he only helped Cap's team hide and escape when Tony was locking up superheroes in prisons. Have he actually fought along Steve, the war would have been over just like that too.

Unless you mean that robot Thor clone abomination thing, that was just bad writing, they're definitely not gonna add that to the movies.

-----

But Thor and Hulk weren't in the comics either, cuz the same thing would have happened there, the war would have ended right away. Even Dr Strange stayed mostly neutral, he only helped Cap's team hide and escape when Tony was locking up superheroes in prisons. Have he actually fought along Steve, the war would have been over just like that too.

Unless you mean that robot Thor clone abomination thing, that was just bad writing, they're definitely not gonna add that to the movies.

-----

Yeah I know, that's why I said I'm glad he isn't in the movie just like the comics. Haha I should've worded it better. Hulk was off world for Planet Hulk and Thor came back after and was pissed as hell to see that Tony made that robot clone thing.

What are you expecting to be different from Russo's Wanda compared to Whedon's. It's not like Black Widow or Maria Hill were different in WS than they were in Avengers.

Black Widow certainly was different. In TWS she was aggressive and confident, taking out henchmen with no effort. Fighting Winter Soldier one on one. Also going undercover disguising herself like an actual trained spy. She was even playful, making jokes calling Cap a 'fossil'. She had a real personality.

Then suddenly in Ultron shes this doe eyed damsel in distress with a crush on Banner and she doesn't know what to do. Then she gets kidnapped and put in a cage and needs to be rescued. Then she twists her ankle or something and needs Hulk to carry her away into the sunset. I really wanted Hulk to just throw her in the ocean at that point. Also shes completely sterile.

Black Widow certainly was different. In TWS she was aggressive and confident, taking out henchmen with no effort. Fighting Winter Soldier one on one. Also going undercover disguising herself like an actual trained spy. She was even playful, making jokes calling Cap a 'fossil'. She had a real personality.

Then suddenly in Ultron shes this doe eyed damsel in distress with a crush on Banner and she doesn't know what to do. Then she gets kidnapped and put in a cage and needs to be rescued. Then she twists her ankle or something and needs Hulk to carry her away into the sunset. I really wanted Hulk to just throw her in the ocean at that point. Also shes completely sterile.

I believe the actress also said that Whedon and Russos interpret BW differently.

Yeah, count me as someone else who thought Whedon's version of Black Widow in Age of Ultron was a giant step backward for the character after the great work the Russos did with her in Winter Soldier. Well, now the Russos have her all to themselves so maybe we can all just ignore what Whedon did with her going forward.

Pretty much this :lecture

TWS Widow >>>>>> AOU Widow
Let's hope we get a good Widow from CW which I suspect we will.

I completely agree that BW took a step backwards in AoU, but I thought some of her interaction with Cap in WS was a step backwards from Avengers 1.

10294327_1012551698791426_7729721551736949614_n.jpg

Black Widow is going up as a web exclusive.

Yeah, count me as someone else who thought Whedon's version of Black Widow in Age of Ultron was a giant step backward for the character after the great work the Russos did with her in Winter Soldier. Well, now the Russos have her all to themselves so maybe we can all just ignore what Whedon did with her going forward.

:goodpost:

Agreed. TWS Widow was my favorite interpretation of Widow. As you mentioned, she seemed confident in her abilities and assertive. I don't mind the fact that she was also a bit coquettish in a playful way because I see that as being part of her personality. However, I don't see the hopeless romantic, like in AoU, as being part of it.

Luckily, she's in the hands of the Russos from here on out.

Agreed. TWS Widow was my favorite interpretation of Widow. As you mentioned, she seemed confident in her abilities and assertive. I don't mind the fact that she was also a bit coquettish in a playful way because I see that as being part of her personality. However, I don't see the hopeless romantic, like in AoU, as being part of it.

Luckily, she's in the hands of the Russos from here on out.

I appreciate what Whedon was going for in Age of Ultron. I think he wanted to try and make sure everyone had their own little subplot, but in Widow's case he just chose one that made nobody happy. To an extent I think that's also why some people didn't like the stuff about Hawkeye having a family (though I didn't mind that reveal).

Back